PDA

View Full Version : Users!!!!!!!

stin
24th December 2004, 06:36 PM
Have you noticed there are EIGHTY-FOUR users tonight at 18:13pm 8O but I`m the only member tonight!!

Please reveal to us guys whoever you are......

stevie :)

Rapier Racer
24th December 2004, 06:38 PM
yeah who are all these guests? mysteriously appearing out of nowhere, I personally don't like the looks of this.....Infox!

Lance
24th December 2004, 07:53 PM
infox is on holiday, so he is not likely to see this. although i don't know enough to properly interpret the results, i've run a trace on several of the ''users'' back to their originating servers, most of which do not appear to be those of search robots, and since this has been going on for nearly eight hours already, which is an unlikely length of time for scanning by search robots, i'm going to assume that it's a denial-of-service attack. i'm not going to publish trace results here, but i'll give them to Rob and xEik.

it's interesting that my access to the WipeoutZone has not been made slower than normal by all this activity, but has even been quicker than usual despite the high number of log-ins

G'Kyl
25th December 2004, 04:26 PM
I don't understand this sort of thing; could it have anything to do with the latest attack on wipeoutzone.com?

Lance
25th December 2004, 10:37 PM
it IS the latest attack on the WZ, and i think i know who it is, but i'm not going to wipe them out till i talk to Rob since the attack seems to be so ineffective. if anyone is having difficulty getting access to the forums, let me know

stin
24th January 2005, 06:51 PM
Well they at it again tonight is now 128 users not long ago, as you can see down at the bottom!

Infoxx, Is that possible?

stevie :?

Rapier Racer
24th January 2005, 07:09 PM
who keeps doing this!!!!!!! haha what a loser it's not even having an effect, not that we want it too of course

piranha wiper
24th January 2005, 07:10 PM
i just thought that guesst were people who didnt log in or people who are just checkin th place out, but 87?? whats happening, and what do you mean by "attacks" 8O

zargz
24th January 2005, 07:46 PM
haxxorz! hackers! :evil: b@$7Rd2 !!!

Shem
24th January 2005, 08:26 PM
and another 100 guests, hello!

Hellfire_WZ
25th January 2005, 07:33 AM
The site did go down a few days ago for about half an hour, but it all seems okay since. Looks like that was the reason.

infoxicated
25th January 2005, 07:47 AM
The reason was that the host had a bit of a network failure - nothing to do with l33t hax0rs! ;)