PDA

View Full Version : In-Game game advertising

2SU
6th December 2004, 11:42 PM
I've just recently played Destruction Derby (old old skool) and had much a giggle on it :: I did notice however - on one of the tracks there is a dirty great billboard advertising the original wipEout. I was wondering if Psygnosis (or anybody else for that matter) have done something similar elsewhere?

Lance
7th December 2004, 12:42 AM
oh, yes. i immediately think of Namco game billboards in Namco's various versions of Ridge Racer

jospicy
7th December 2004, 11:39 AM
the oldd screamer racing games had ads for previous versions

Bob Todd
7th December 2004, 12:16 PM
Ratchet 2 and Jak II make sly references to each other. I was disappointed by the total lack of Jak 3 references in Ratchet 3.

Viewtiful Joe on the PS2 supposedly takes the piss out of Devil May Cry 2 (I don't know for sure because I haven't unlocked Dante yet) but that's not really advertising. It's the opposite, in fact, as it acknowledges that nobody really liked DMC2.

Hellfire_WZ
7th December 2004, 03:51 PM
EA plastered game posters all over Burnout 3 when they took over Criterion.

Sausehuhn
12th December 2004, 03:17 PM
In WipEout Fusion there are billboards advertising "This Is Football 2054" (or 2060...something like that)...

Rapier Racer
12th December 2004, 08:07 PM
really? where abouts, I wanna see

Sausehuhn
12th December 2004, 08:25 PM
On so many, many places.
For example:
Florion Height, before the loop. There's a board showing different teamlogos. You have to wait, then, after a short time, you will see "TIF" for a few seconds.

Thruster2097
12th December 2004, 09:56 PM
Are you sure that wasn't for TiF2004?
Anyway, in the original wipEout there were adverts for Krazy Ivan. Mostly on Karbonis. It was a psygnosis inter-game thing. Much like EA's shameful Burnout 3, only wth more class.

RJ O'Connell
29th December 2004, 05:56 PM
Burnout 3 shameful? You really have no taste.... :P

WipEout plugged many of Psygnosis's other titles. Colony Wars, Novastorm, G-Police, Krazy Ivan....those were all featured on billboards within the tracks. However, I was intrigued by "Space Walk" the most. Anti-Grav for lazy people :wink:

-(0|\|73|\||)3|2 3|_1|\/|1|\|/-\73|).