PDA

View Full Version : Versions of wipeout

JABBERJAW
2nd December 2004, 03:43 AM
I had originally thought there to be about 30 different versions(regions, covers, ect) of wipeout, but my searching over the past few weeks has uncovered many more. Over 50 versions in all. If you include wipeout music there are over 60 different games and music combined. I'll give a list of this as soon as I have it pegged down.

G'Kyl
2nd December 2004, 07:18 AM
50??!!! Of just Wipeout or the entire WO series? But even then - I hadn't thought the game got shipped to so many countries that they would need to give it that many different covers. (And then, why do covers differ after all?) Anyway, I'm really looking forward to that list. :) This is gotta be interesting. By the way, how much versions from all those that exist do you own yourself, Al?

Ben

JABBERJAW
3rd December 2004, 01:51 AM
I'm nearing the total amount. I'm just looking for a few more. Some of the covers are very close, but wipeout 1 for example had 4 different covers on the ps in the US alone.

Gonaka
3rd December 2004, 02:06 AM
this sounds interesting...

Rapier Racer
3rd December 2004, 08:38 AM
this does indeed sound interesting, this list should be good, any chance of some pictures?

piranha wiper
3rd December 2004, 07:58 PM
i never realised ther were so many versions, over 60, i would like to have been the artist

JABBERJAW
9th December 2004, 01:50 AM
I am hoping that when I recieve all the stuff(or near all of it), to scan it on my scanner and possibly send it out on disks, maybe to rob if there is room on the site. Just don't hold your breath for too long. I'm hoping by around christmas to have most of the stuff.

jospicy
9th December 2004, 09:19 AM
is the only difference between WO and the platinum extra music tracks? cos the pc version only has 8 whereas the platinum has 11!

G'Kyl
9th December 2004, 10:24 AM
Yep, that's were they differ. There are three licensed tracks on the Platinum version, whereas, I suppose, they didn't want to spend the extra fee for a platform were WO was less renowned. Same for XL, by the way. Sony had Cold Storage make the music for XL PC, instead of byuing the rights to put the PSX compilation into the PC release. Which is good, because that way we have yet another full WO soundtrack from CS. :)

Ben

stin
9th December 2004, 01:15 PM
I`m looking forward to see his list of games! 8O

Mine just started to build up over the months but not compare to Zoolander!!!

stevie :)