PDA

View Full Version : Mr Richard Lampitt

Rapier Racer
26th November 2004, 02:55 PM
could you go back to the record table and fix your entry please, 2097, time trial, Gare d'Europa Venom class, you've took first place but have entered no time :?

Lance
26th November 2004, 03:10 PM
that isn't the only place it happened. usually, when you try to blank a time, your entry goes to the bottom of the table, as it did with your blanked times, AD. but it didn't do it this time. dunno what's going on.

Rob, help!

Rapier Racer
26th November 2004, 03:15 PM
I wondered about that, some blank times appear at the bottom and some don't appear at all....it's all very mysterious...

Lance
26th November 2004, 04:29 PM
it's the times on 2097/XL that are problematic. on the variations of WO3, entering the default, a time of 9.59.59 with a Feisar will remove the entry; but on WO2, which only has one decimal place in the last box, this will not happen. usually it will drop to the bottom of the table, though, but lately this is not happening. another aberration is that there are some places where two times for the same pilot exist, where the pilot has backed up through the screens to enter the next time instead of using the button to get a refreshed entry page, but this is an old problem that has existed since the table code was last revamped.

infoxicated
29th November 2004, 10:10 PM
Meh... it's a bit screwed, isn't it.

It's because there's no error checking... I remember it was on my to do list and I must have gotten lazy. :oops:

Anyhoo, I've made some changes, cleared out the offending times (Lance, I'm sure you'll let me know if I've missed any), and hopefully the tweaked format will discourage goddamn twisted butt nuggets from hitting the back button in future. ;)

nb: still no piranha toggle... still no time to do it... January is looking good, though. :|

Rapier Racer
29th November 2004, 10:29 PM
Ah it's all nice and fixed i have to hold on to the only second place i have lol

Lance
29th November 2004, 10:42 PM
much better! thanks, Rob!

----------

January, eh? [looks toward the sky; asks for luck from higher powers] :)

------------

hmmm.... i looked at Talon's Reach Single Race in the XL tables in Vector class. the problem of Roman Konusov's doubled time and a third left over from his attempt to erase the second is still there

infoxicated
29th November 2004, 11:08 PM
hmmm.... i looked at Talon's Reach Single Race in the XL tables in Vector class. the problem of Roman Konusov's doubled time and a third left over from his attempt to erase the second is still there
not. any. more.

:)

...time for bed... *yawn*

Lance
30th November 2004, 12:11 AM
wimp. ;)
getting sleep at night. pfft.
i didn't sleep last night.

couldn't stay awake today, though.

back to subject:
looks better. but.. um.... *cof* [points at the 1:59:99 lap time]

speaking of which, will entering a Feisar time of 9:59:99 or 9:59:9 now work to cancel an entry?

infoxicated
30th November 2004, 08:43 AM
You never know - I tried to test it but I couldn't seem to replicate what was happening.

I'll take a closer look at it when I have the time to take things apart, last night was just a little maintenance. :)

xEik
30th November 2004, 10:16 AM
As far as I know there is no need for the ship to be a Feisar in order to reset your time in WO3 tables.
Entering the 9:59.99 time is enough.

A button for reseting an entry might be handy, newbies might not know that using that specific time prevents that entry from being displayed in the record tables.

Lance
30th November 2004, 11:38 AM
dunno, never tried it without the Feisar because i thought i saw it written somewhere that it was required as part of the reset. that combo has always worked in WO3 as far as i know, but nothing works in WO2 tables to blank the entry. using Feisar 9:59:9 used to drop the entry to the bottom of the list. but you can't enter 9:59:99 because the last box allows only one digit. so the entry stayed visible, but dropped to the bottom of the table for whichever class it's for because the table is sorted in order of lowest time at the top, and therefore highest possible time of 9:59:9 would be at the bottom. entering blank boxes results in the time being 'alphabetically' lowest time, and therefore sorted to the top.
a blanker button seems like a good idea

infoxicated
30th November 2004, 03:29 PM
I will add a reset button that just deletes all your times for that particular track.

That way it'll clear up multiple entries, so back button hitters can fix their own mistakes. :)

Lance
30th November 2004, 04:11 PM
scorning of stupidity. i like it.
er... unless i'm having one of thOse days, of course. you know the ones, feeling a bit sick or distracted. the mind goes. i've been having a bunch of those lately. makes my racetimes crap, too. i played yesterday. couldn't equal my current best times on the races i tried. pitiful. very

Rapier Racer
30th November 2004, 09:28 PM
.entering blank boxes results in the time being 'alphabetically' lowest time, and therefore sorted to the top.

I'm sure I entered blank boxes for some times on the 2097 tables and they didn't appear at the top

Lance
30th November 2004, 10:52 PM
now see? if that's correct, i'm having one of ''thOse'' days right now!

2SU
1st December 2004, 11:59 PM
Nice! If I knew it would be that easy I would have done it a long time ago! lol

All's fine now though (shouldn't be first anymore with a time of 0:00:0!)