PDA

View Full Version : Bush has won...

science
5th November 2004, 06:40 PM
...and I need a place to stay- outside of this country.
Anyone?

Mobius
5th November 2004, 06:45 PM
lol - you just cant get away from it can you?

Shem
5th November 2004, 07:32 PM
Yeah, well at least he didn't forget about Poland :wink:
[not like I care actually]

http://www.youforgotpoland.com/

Lance
5th November 2004, 08:06 PM
the entire planet is in danger from him and the corporations that own him

Set
5th November 2004, 08:11 PM
Bush won...and my city is definitely sad.
Ann Arbor is jam-packed with college democrats...and I think the entire city let out a huge groan of pain Wednesday morning when Bush claimed victory.
Canada's looking pretty attractive right now...

Mobius
5th November 2004, 08:15 PM
it aint that bad is it?

britain seems to be under his control scarily enough...blair is his littlt minion

it is quite stupid because blair is really part of the labou party whic is democrat in us terms i think. :?

JABBERJAW
5th November 2004, 08:22 PM
there wasn't a choice in my book. There should be a column that says "none of the above", and then in the event neither party got 40%, they would need to give two new choices.

Dimension
6th November 2004, 04:55 AM
what's this forgot poland stuff? :?

science
6th November 2004, 03:10 PM
there wasn't a choice in my book. There should be a column that says "none of the above", and then in the event neither party got 40%, they would need to give two new choices.

That column was on there. It was the Nader/Camejo column. And personally I would rather they be in office than either of the other goons. However, I truly thought that Kerry had a chance, so I wrote off Nader this time around and voted democrat.
Nader is a good, good man and it's a shame that more people don't stop to hear what he has to say.

Set
6th November 2004, 05:21 PM
what's this forgot poland stuff?
The "grand coalition" that the president often refers to basically consists of the US, UK and Poland.
During the second presidential debate a few weeks back, Bush was asked what the members of the coalition of the willing are. He said the US, the UK, uh....(hesitation) Poland....

Shem
6th November 2004, 09:25 PM
Yeah....
"coalition of the willing" LOL
I'd send those "willing" politicians to Iraq, instead of soldiers. I don't know what's it like in UK or US (figure out why...), but in Poland - soldiers who wanted to go to Iraq [including my father] were thinking about the money, not the freedom of Iraq or whatever Bush said it was. Anyway, I'm happy to say, that my dad is in Poland, not there (it took a while to persuade him that it is not worth risking his life for the cost of a new house). But still - many of my dad's friends have gone to Iraq. Come to think of it - it was about the money as well. Somehow I cannot escape the thought, that Bush's reason to send his troops to Iraq is just the same. I might me wrong tho. I'm only 20 years old, and easy to manipulate. Yeah....

science
7th November 2004, 12:37 AM
I've overheard an abundance of conversations around campus of kids talking about them and their friends going to iraq and the money that they would be making. They have everything itemized- how much they make at what rank, what they make in active duty, what extra they make for being in a war environment, etc etc blah blah blah. They talk about the whole thing totally amorally. It's just all about the money and how much they can pull in at the cost of others' misfortune.

Dimension
7th November 2004, 06:30 PM
What, you don't expect people to fight for the good of a country they've barely ever heard of did you? That's expecting a little too much, especially in a crazy world like this one at the moment :dizzy