PDA

View Full Version : Bouncebackability!!

Thruster2097
2nd November 2004, 09:11 PM
What a word! Well, technically a hybrid of three words. Well, technically not a hybrid. Just three words shoved together. somethinglikethis. You get the idea :P

Okay, here's the background on the "new word" storming england at the moment.
Bouncebackability.
Invented (or just plain made up---your choice) by Iain Dowie, manager of Crystal Palace football club.
Championed by a show on Sky TV called Soccer AM, presented by Tim Lovejoy and Helen Chamberlain.
The word is being spoken, written, broadcast, even banned everywhere in the UK.

And the reason I am promoting it??
I was once on Soccer AM.
I got a Sky+ box just so I could record the show while I am at work on saturdays.
I love the show!
And seeing as no-one here has mentioned bouncebackability yet, I'm gonna be the first! :P

Damon
3rd November 2004, 01:28 PM
Are you on crack?

:D

infoxicated
3rd November 2004, 01:39 PM
You'd think so, wouldn't you, but I've come to realise over the years that he's just on life occasionally. ;)

piranha wiper
3rd November 2004, 01:41 PM
damon wrote
Are you on crack? whaat? hahaha, er any way why is that so good you need words like bob box (excelent story to that) and bum leg or summat, i havent heard that bounce back ability word yet

Mobius
3rd November 2004, 02:07 PM
u heard of chav?

buzzword of 2004 - though you might like to know that

Thruster2097
3rd November 2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I erd ov chav.

:bombhead

Just for your information, I dont wear burberry. At all. Ever.
I dont think that McDonalds is a lifestyle.
I can also write big long words like "YOU" that you chavs dont seem to understand.

Just thought you might like to know that.

Dimension
3rd November 2004, 07:31 PM
I dont think that McDonalds is a lifestyle.

LMAO :lol:

Hellfire_WZ
4th November 2004, 07:58 AM
Oh bloody hell, its found its way here now.... :lol:

BTW Thruster, which show were you on? I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment trying to find seven other West Ham fans. :cry:

infoxicated
4th November 2004, 09:02 AM
Bet that wouldn't have been a problem when DiCanio was still there! ;)

Lance
4th November 2004, 01:25 PM
while it's true that i've always rather liked England [and Britain in general], and possibly know a bit more about it than the average American, i don't.. um...

what the hell are you guys on about?

infoxicated
4th November 2004, 02:20 PM
you're better off not knowing, almost... :wink:

Hellfire_WZ
4th November 2004, 03:56 PM
Bet that wouldn't have been a problem when DiCanio was still there! ;)

Sad but true... :(

DaMiGi63
5th November 2004, 01:21 AM
Bouncebackability....?,being new.?,I've even heard of that here in the U.S. around 3 or 4 yrs ago,nothing new here :P :?

Rapier Racer
5th November 2004, 09:42 AM
Ah but it takes longer for things to get to this country like games for example and stupid words

DaMiGi63
5th November 2004, 02:10 PM
Hmmm,odd,I always thought that it went from east to west and that you "guys from across the pond" as you always like to say about us were always the first ;) :D :P ,this has to be a first then ;) :D