PDA

View Full Version : She, robot :)

Shem
31st October 2004, 02:54 PM
Do you feel like having a conversation with a robot?

click here to talk to Alice (http://alice.pandorabots.com/)

Rapier Racer
31st October 2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah that can be funny, I went on it in computing class all those years ago... i think it's changed slightly

Mobius
31st October 2004, 05:51 PM
it speaks leet

w00t!

piranha wiper
31st October 2004, 08:51 PM
wow that was err interesting, at least i got to sing a song she had programmed in!? a bit random non the less

Bob Todd
1st November 2004, 04:10 PM
It's not as good as oliverbot.com. Alice falls into predictable loops of responses.

infoxicated
1st November 2004, 04:37 PM
Both of them would fail the Turing test at the drop of a hat, though. :)

piranha wiper
1st November 2004, 08:16 PM
a what test test? a turing test? please the fill the gap in my knowledge (or any one elses) but what is this.

infoxicated
1st November 2004, 08:55 PM
Ever thought of using a search engine (www.icerocket.com) to fill those knowledge gaps?

No?

****.. all those AOL adverts telling us that having AOL Broadband will make your kids more intelligent were lies. Bastards. :D :lol:

Anyhow, I took the trouble for you:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/turing-test/

The Turing Test is basically a way of telling whether you're talking to a computer or another person. Like if the computer was in another room and you were communicating via a keyboard (much like the web, actually), the Turing test would help you deduce whether it was flesh 'n' bones or chips 'n' wires.

Lance
1st November 2004, 08:56 PM
it was a test devised by Alan Turing, one of the pioneer computer and artificial intelligence geniuses, to determine whether you were interacting with an artificial intelligence or a human. it's basically a series of questions and/or statements, the cumulative reaction to which will show if the being that is communicated with through a non-visual medium, such as a keyboard link or a telephone, is a human. i'm not sure what year he devised the test, but it was probably in the 1940s or early 50s

edit: oops, just a minute too late

piranha wiper
1st November 2004, 09:01 PM
thnkas infox and lance, your explanations were much more clearer thatn that website, or it may be i feel a bit dizzy and its not good for the balance