27th October 2004, 12:05 PM
everyone who wants this video please go to
http://www.trifocus.net/~foxzero/TTXLPP.mpg
otherwise you will cost me a fortune in bandwith consumption
than-ku :)

Wamdue
27th October 2004, 01:01 PM
Awesome race :D

I wish I still had my copy of 2097 ( Ive lost it...) I have to buy a new copy now, I miss the piranha in 2097 , the fastest of the wipeouts imo.

Lance
27th October 2004, 04:39 PM
great time, Jason. you were especially smooth and right on the perfect line in the last half of the fourth lap.
have you also been racing in singlerace mode? Mano/Manuel Chau says that the Piranha seems to get even faster times there than in TT. i was wondering if you or anyone else has had that experience consistently

Set
27th October 2004, 08:01 PM
Amazing! It just makes you feel all warm and squishy inside watching such perfection. It's like watching Michael Schumacher (on his good days, anyway).

piranha wiper
27th October 2004, 11:56 PM
hmmmmmmmmm, nicely done, it makes me want to play it again, the orginal one, i want to put a vid on here but i cant.

FoxZero
2nd November 2004, 11:09 AM
nono this was mano if i remember properly. he sent me a video. i just hosted it for him

Lance
2nd November 2004, 02:31 PM
well, darn it, i thought you had finally found time to race Wipeout again. shucks.
i'm still hoping you will race some more; you're one of the most talented pilots

RamZes
2nd November 2004, 07:41 PM
?????, ???? ???? ???????, ?????????? ???? ;)
Hi people.I the fan wipeout though I also played it last time of years six ?????, but till now remember it (all cunnings of shooting and speed in comparison with which any toy will not be compared), And I CAN NOT FIND On SALE IN ANY WAY: (. ??????????? what to do?

Lance
2nd November 2004, 08:46 PM
hi RamZes, welcome to the forums.
have you tried looking for it on eBay? just make sure you get a copy that fits the type of television signal you get in Russia. what display standard do they use? PAL or SECAM or what?

Dimension
2nd November 2004, 10:47 PM
wow, that 2097? Wish I was that good :D

Lance
2nd November 2004, 11:26 PM
since that's Mano, he did that on the XL version, which seems to produce times virtually identical to those of 2097. not long after he did that run, he did one even faster, which is the current record time in Phantom class

RamZes
3rd November 2004, 12:59 PM
hi RamZes, welcome to the forums.
have you tried looking for it on eBay? just make sure you get a copy that fits the type of television signal you get in Russia. what display standard do they use? PAL or SECAM or what?
so,so,so I knew about systems PAL and SECAM . Only for some reason game is absent on sale (that has simply struck me, you see in the good shop specializing on disks, it is usually possible to find anything you like). eBay will fail, with it there are complexities. Yes, by the way, theme WO for ASTONSHELL I have estimated, is abruptly made :twisted:

Lance
3rd November 2004, 01:23 PM
do you have a way to post an image of your Aston Wipeout desktop online so you can give us a link to go see it? Aston can produce a good desktop, with more extras than you get with WindowBlinds. i just prefer WindowBlinds for more convenient general operation

RamZes
4th November 2004, 03:04 PM
Has not understood, what you mean? I know all about ASTON. You want, that I somewhere have published a picture(1024&768) from a theme wip3out from ASTON?

FoxZero
4th November 2004, 03:19 PM
lance, http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1299797/

Lance
4th November 2004, 03:41 PM
RamZes, yes. i thought you meant that you have made an Aston desktop of your own. i just wanted to see it. :)

--------------

Jason. that's a good one, done by one of our members, from France, i think. i used it for a while earlier this year when i was playing with the new version of Aston

RamZes
5th November 2004, 03:22 PM
I can show the desktop, but only on a site which has only Russian words (a site of my friend). But I do not understand WHAT FOR to you it(he) is necessary, if FoxZero have given the reference.
Write particularly that you want, write to me in ICQ. :roll:

Lance
5th November 2004, 04:22 PM
FoxZero gave a link to one that was made by a WipeoutZone member known as ''f33dm3''. i've seen it and used it.
i thought you had made an Aston desktop of your own design, and i was just curious about what it looked like.

Mobius
5th November 2004, 05:07 PM
what is an wipeout aston?
i was expecting it to be a pirahna merged with a db9 for all i knew!

RamZes
5th November 2004, 05:23 PM
:lol: You not so have understood me. I just also use a theme from that site, and the while is not present. But, I hope in the fast future to think up my theme.

Lance
5th November 2004, 05:51 PM
aha! you mean you just used somebody ELse's theme instead of making your own?! shame on you! ;) ... uh... wait a minute... that's what i did too. um... nevermind. :D

------------

Mobius, my Aston-Martin AG is a new model based on merging the Vanquish with an Icaras. a bit heavy, but blindingly fast!

Mobius
5th November 2004, 06:47 PM
cool - post a scan of it if u can
or have i completely lost it and i haven noticed it yet?

Lance
5th November 2004, 08:02 PM
Mobius, you were joking, yes?

Mobius
5th November 2004, 08:05 PM
nope - my mind is in meltdown at the moment (you might have noticed by some of the posts ive...well...posted)

help! :cry:

Lance
5th November 2004, 08:09 PM
calm down; have a couple of pints of scrumpy. that'll have you right in no time. ;)

Mobius
5th November 2004, 08:16 PM
too young to drink - cant stand the stuff anyway

Dimension
6th November 2004, 04:52 AM
headbutt a wall a few dozen times, has a similar effect :wink:

RamZes
6th November 2004, 10:33 AM
You have got me already with the theme, Lancer. I in general have registered in a forum that about game different news to learn. And I have taken a theme from a site, bosh any carry. I yet do not make any themes. Simply we each other not so have understood.

Task
6th November 2004, 07:16 PM
This is definitely the first time I've seen someone post through BabelFish.

He must take our replies and feed them into the translator so he can tell what we're saying, and then craft & translate a response.

The effort!

Lance
6th November 2004, 08:29 PM
we must be special for RamZes to go to the trouble.

---------
i wonder what would come out if i put ''bosh any carry'' into the english side of a translator and specified an english output?!

RamZes
7th November 2004, 03:43 PM
I have found WipeOutXL.it cut by way of music and special effects in the menu. Everything else like is. So we shall play. I saw mpg FoxZero. The machine which is absent in the standard list of machines participates in record. For such time I on DIREX only have time to pass two circle :cry: . And about the translator, I haven't it, with dictionaries hardly sometimes to connect words on sense. So excuse, if what not so. :roll:

Lance
7th November 2004, 04:24 PM
i appreciate the effort you put into talking to us

Dimension
7th November 2004, 06:17 PM
The machine which is absent in the standard list of machines participates in record. For such time I on DIREX only have time to pass two circle

I think you have to unlock that ship, not exactly sure how since i've not got a working copy of 2097 any more, that TT seemed to be done in Phantom class as well which you'll have to unlock. So don't get too down just yet :D

Lance
7th November 2004, 08:54 PM
one has to complete Challenge 1 to win Phantom Class, and beat challenge Two to win the Piranha ship

RamZes
8th November 2004, 02:36 PM
All is clear. I try to pass " odessa keys ", only of 5 place is capable. Such lethal line. Full meat. :twisted:

RamZes
8th November 2004, 02:41 PM
Why on this forum it is impossible to put the avatars?

Mobius
8th November 2004, 03:18 PM
it saves the page taking ages to load off the internet - i think

Lance
8th November 2004, 03:37 PM
the avatars should be working, but we only allow avatars to be chosen from our official set that is already on the server. Rob does not allow us to upload our own avatars, since they are usually too big

RamZes
9th November 2004, 01:01 PM
Why simply not put restriction: 120 x 120, the size 6 kb. :?:

infoxicated
9th November 2004, 02:36 PM
Because limiting the number of avatars means it contains the bandwidth they take up.

Keeping them all on this site means the forum runs faster and our users will never have to see a broken image link placeholder.

Gonaka
9th November 2004, 02:52 PM
and so to that we all say "amen!" :wink:

Gonaka
9th November 2004, 02:54 PM
and btw, i think i laready know the answer to this, but infox is there any way at all possible to change my account name? this numeric "liberty" name im using is a little too awkward, dont know what i was thinkin wheni i though of it! :lol:

Set
9th November 2004, 03:09 PM
Really? I think it's pretty cool myself.

infoxicated
9th November 2004, 03:23 PM
and btw, i think i laready know the answer to this, but infox is there any way at all possible to change my account name? this numeric "liberty" name im using is a little too awkward, dont know what i was thinkin wheni i though of it! :lol:
PM me what you'd like it changed to and I'll sort it for you.

Rapier Racer
9th November 2004, 09:10 PM
my my that's some video, how you manged to keep control at such speeds that's dedication.. 8O

RamZes
10th November 2004, 02:02 PM
wow. I have reached the phantom race. So it is unusual to fly on such speeds. By the way, who knows how to overcome without impacts about the ground a place on odessa key. There a huge springboard from which you fall downwards, and below ledges which are usually overcome by a raising of a nose of the machine. At falling there is a strong impact after which speed strongly falls. As did not try, only it was worse. It certainly is possible to overcome all, having dumped speed, only contenders (easily as always) overcome any difficulties.

Lance
10th November 2004, 02:24 PM
you have to fly over all of the low part past the peak of the hill at the 'tunnel' entrance. i find that i can only do it smoothly about once in every twenty tries. most of the time i hit too solidly. when you activate a turbo just as you lift off the peak of the hill, it is possible to just come down near the top of the downslope that leads to the hard left corner that starts uphill again. if you can time everything perfectly to land at or just beyond the peak of the next hill beyond the one you flew from, you can land smoothly. if you fly too high, you hit a sign that is above the track, which ruins your race. and if you instead land short of the peak, you get a very bumpy ride.

it may be easier to fly over in the 2097 version of the game than it is in the XL version, but i've never played 2097, so i don't know this. it's supposed to be ''floatier'' than the XL version

RamZes
11th November 2004, 03:56 PM
I have found one not so artful decision. To tell the truth I not all could understand that you have written;). I throw acceleration when I fly from peak of a hill, thus I fly rather highly. But simultaneously with it I raise a nose, and rather quite good landing without damage turns out and speed not strongly suffers.

Lance
11th November 2004, 04:18 PM
that's what i said :D
[if you have more questions about how to fly any track, please post them in a new topic. we have wandered too far too long from the original topic of this thread]

RamZes
12th November 2004, 02:15 PM
All the same to speak it is more on the given theme there is nothing.

RamZes
22nd December 2004, 11:32 AM
infoxicated, how you have written down ttxlpp.mpg?

infoxicated
22nd December 2004, 12:21 PM
infoxicated, how you have written down ttxlpp.mpg?
Not sure I understand the question.

If you're asking where it is, then it's on the downloads page here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/downloads/talons_reach_phantom_tt.mpg

RamZes
23rd December 2004, 12:11 PM
No,No. How did you record your race to .mpg file . What programm has allowed you to do it.
I hope you understand me.

Lance
23rd December 2004, 03:34 PM
Mano was the one who actually recorded his race to mpeg; i don't know how he did it, but i also would like to know. i hope he visits the forum again soon and tells us

RamZes
23rd December 2004, 06:20 PM
Lance, I know some programs, they are good in static mode of video operation. But when I start the game (Ex.: WO) and start recording... 8O . I stopped recording. System can't work on normal speed when capturing the monitor in real time, especially with work of the DirectX.

2SU
24th December 2004, 12:44 AM
Привет RamZes. Я надеюсь, что Вы не находите моего русского слишком плохо - я использую переводчика. Я кажусь только справедливым, чтобы говорить с Вами в вашем лангодж, поскольку Вы предпринимаете усилие говорить с нами в нашем!

Требуется большая практика, чтобы лететь Piranha. Лучшие вещи, которые я могу сказать Вам:

1: Купить клавиатуру контроля 'negCon' - тот, который крутит в середине. Это позволяет более точный контроль.

2: Сядьте; купите большое количество напитков энергии и играйте в ту игру, пока Вы не видите это каждый раз, Вы закрываете ваши глаза. Я подразумеваю игру это риджилоуслай! Я управлял хорошим временем на Odessa Keys; и это было давным-давно. занят, пробуя установить рекорд для Talon's Reach в настоящее время. Только практика, практика, практика!

(Вы говорите любой английский язык вообще? Я только любопытен),

2SU
24th December 2004, 01:22 AM
Жаль - я забыл :-)

Сделать запись ваших гонок - есть два способа сделать это.

1: Вы можете просто поместить цифровую камеру, способную к регистрации видео перед вашим телевидением и сделать запись, пока Вы мчитесь

2: Загрузить Playstation эмулятора от где-нибудь - и затем Wipeout 2097/XL ROM. Тогда получите видео программу захвата и управляйте Wipeout от вашего PC и делайте запись этого как этот.

Lance
24th December 2004, 02:43 AM
translation, please. share the knowledge

Mano
24th December 2004, 09:02 AM
I will try to be as logical as possible as i am a bit drunk from the christmas party from my job :P

1. recorded one of my races on a VHS tape, connecting my psx to my vhs
2. connected my vhs to my all in wonder video card (which has video editing hardware)
3. the card digitized and compressed the video into mpeg format,on the software side, i used multimedia center from ATI.

hope this clarifies the process :D

MERRY XMAS to everyone!, and if i dont post soon after this, happy new year too!!!, this week has been full of work... but i needed to get online to wish everyone here happiness!!, i really miss posting here often guys :( !!

Lance
24th December 2004, 10:03 AM
thanks for the info and the good wishes, Mano. happy happy to you too

RamZes
24th December 2004, 06:41 PM
2SU 8O 8O 8O THX for u
Hooooooooooow? Hooooooow? ... you write in Russian language?? I try to write message in russian, but istead of that I received "???????????????" :evil:
Site have no Cyrillics Coding :(
So, about piranha, I now all about it, but SPILSKINANKE track..... it's impossible.
And about recording, I have WO on PC, and I have SPS, but I haven't WO on SPS. So, I want to record my game from PC(I havent suitable camera), may be anybody know, how I can do it.... :(

RamZes
24th December 2004, 06:42 PM
Where're you from 2SU? :roll:

I congratulate all with the future holidays!!!! :D

RamZes
24th December 2004, 06:46 PM
??????????!!! 2SU ??? ????? ??????? ? ????????? WO3, ? ?????-??????????, ??????, ??? ? ????, ???? ???? ?????? ?? ??????????. eBay ?? ?????????, ? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?????? ????????.

Rapier Racer
24th December 2004, 06:50 PM
о дорогой был не в состоянии работать снова а?

lol whats with all this Russian :?:

RamZes
24th December 2004, 06:58 PM
Be silent, Assegai Developments, you a little that know about Russian.

RUS
26th December 2004, 01:32 AM
Что-то тут завелось много людей пишущих на русском... Хотя это очень хорошо!
Будем руссифицировать форум!
RamZes, странно что ты не можешь писать по-русски...

RUS
26th December 2004, 02:16 AM
Старший Стеклоочиститель Разработок Assegai (прикольный перевод получился :) ), ты тут не "умничай"!

Lance
26th December 2004, 02:30 AM
all comments in English language, please, unless using another person's native language is required to explain a technical point that would otherwise not be understood by them. this is an international forum and requires the use of a language understood by nearly all of the members for the forum to even be a forum, for there to even be any general discussion. for private discussions in any language, please use the 'private message' feature.

all posts in the public forum should be truly public, understood by all. i suspect that if i could understand the Russian language, or if i should choose to use a translator program, some of what has been posted here would be deleted. ;)

RUS
26th December 2004, 02:45 AM
OK, but there are already 4 стеклоочистителей :) (members), who understand Russian

I use translator! Do not delete posts! :(

RamZes
26th December 2004, 09:01 AM
chuvaki prosto yznali, chto est' takaya proga PROMT, reshili pouzat' nemnogo товарищи стеклоочистители

RamZes
26th December 2004, 09:06 AM
Peoples :), by the way it is hard to communicate in English, it is especial when you will unroll the huge answer, it becomes absolutely not readable for us. Please, write as it is possible easier then we well shall understand each other.

Lance
26th December 2004, 03:10 PM
RUS, 4 members who speak Russian, more than 680 who do not. i repeat, this is an international forum, please use the international language.

it is fine for you and RamZes to write each other in Russian as long as you do it in private messages, but the public posts should be in English. otherwise it publicly excludes the other members from discussion.

this is not only rude to the other members, but it defeats the purpose of having a public forum.

it would be possible here for the speakers of Russian to form a group within the WipeoutZone forums just for yourselves, but as long as you talked only within that group, you would be cut off from the news and technical assistance of the vast majority of the other forum members.

it's a difficult problem for you, i know, and i sympathise, but outside of such a separate language group, or private messages between individuals, please speak English.

i'm sorry about the huge answers, but sometimes things are too complicated to explain in one or two brief sentences. and i do naturally tend to try to explain things in detail. ;)
every last complete detail...... :roll: :oops:

RUS
26th December 2004, 04:00 PM
Предсеатель "зоны" Пика(чу), :( We only do Russian more popular...

Lance
26th December 2004, 06:00 PM
i'll try to write more simply

RamZes
27th December 2004, 10:18 AM
i'll try to write more simply
. :wink:

2SU
28th December 2004, 04:30 AM
Sorry I do appologise - I'll write my posts out in english and russian (keeps everbody happy :D )

Жаль я делаю апполоджиз - я выпишу мои посты в английском языке, и русский (держит эвербодай счастливый :D),

2SU
28th December 2004, 04:42 AM
I'm from England - and I'm English - I'm mostly using an online translator. My Russian is not very good at all :P so - as I said previously - if you take the time out to speak to us in english - the least I can do is (try) to speak to you in the best Russian possible.

Spilskinnanke (sp?) is hard I will say - but not quite impossible - as I said; it is practice - and lots of it.

Я - из Англии - и я являюсь английским - я главным образом использую переводчика онлайн. Мой русский не очень хорош во всем:P так - поскольку я сказал предварительно - если Вы занимаете время, чтобы говорить с нами по-английски - наименее я может сделать - (пробуют) говорить с Вами в лучшем возможном русском.

Spilskinnake твердо, я скажу - но не совсем невозможный - поскольку я сказал; это - практика - и многое из этого.

G'Kyl
28th December 2004, 07:24 AM
Could you give us non-Russian speakers a short wrap-up of what you are trying to do at Spilskinanke, please? It's one of my most favourite tracks from all Wipeouts, so I'd love to know everything there is about it. :)

Ben

RamZes
28th December 2004, 02:26 PM
:D :D :D
Vry good, 2SU, but I'm understand your English better then your Russian from T-R :wink:

Lance
28th December 2004, 04:32 PM
lol
yeah, computer translations tend to suck

2SU
28th December 2004, 06:16 PM
lol!

I would really like to learn Russian properly for some reason. I can read half of the alphabet; and some of the words are so similar it's untrue :P. G'Kyl - our Russian speakers haven't said anything yet about the track yet.

Spilskinanke:

1: First; practice with a slow ship - Feisar. That will give you the ins and outs of the course; where to fly, what to expect etc.

2: When learning to power around a course - airbrake! if you do not know how to slow down properly then you will not get a good time. I have yet to get a lap on Spilskinanke without braking at least once.

3: If you want to input the unlock all tracks cheat in (I do not know what it is) to access it on 34533 class; that is another good way to learn.

When I have the time I wiII will post up a pilot guide for it when I have the time, if you like?

Lol!

Я действительно хотел бы изучать русского должным образом по некоторым причинам. Я могу читать половину алфавита; и некоторые из слов настолько подобны, это - несоответствующий :P. G'Kyl - наши российские спикеры не сказали ничто все же о следе все же.

1: Сначала; практика с медленным судном - Feisar. Это даст Вам входы и выходы курса; где лететь, что ожидать и т.д.

2: Учась двигаться на большой скорости вокруг курса - пневматического тормоза! если Вы не знаете, как замедлиться должным образом тогда, Вы не будете получать хорошее время. Я должен все же получить колени на Spilskinanke, не тормозя по крайней мере однажды.

3: Если Вы хотите к введенному отпирание всего обмана следов в (я не знаю то, чем это является), получить доступ к этому на Rapier классах; это должно иначе учиться.

Когда я имею время я, виИЙ объявит экспериментального гида для этого, когда я имею время, если Вы любите?

Если это - не проблема, я буду продолжать объявлять по-русски для, знают, так что я могу преподать мне Кириллицу снова. :P

2SU
28th December 2004, 06:20 PM
(btw I'll continue to post in both languages so I can teach myself Cyrillic script again - maybe I might even pick some Russian up? :) )

RamZes
29th December 2004, 10:32 AM
Well done, 2SU
If you are going to learn Russian, I can help something.

RJ O'Connell
29th December 2004, 05:39 PM
Again, it's amazing how some people can pull ridiculous perfect laps like those in 2097 and Wip3out without braking or decelerating (very small if any) and yet I could try the same thing and end up eating wall 1000 times a lap. I guess I need more practice.

(Although, I did do an 18.6 lap on Rapier at Talon's Reach about 30 minutes ago. Now if my WOZ account would activate so that I can put it on the tables.)

Lance
29th December 2004, 07:12 PM
is that TimeTrial or SingleRace? either way you've got some very hot Piranha competition on 2097. in TT, that would be good for 6th place, 2.1 seconds behind the admittedly awesome leader, whose full rAcetime is only 1:08.1. amazing. he actually does use brakes, though, in a technique of brake tapping while passing over the boostpads. never could do it myself, though in the XL version where i race, the beneficial effect is supposed to be less noticeable. it always slows me down, but i am obviously doing it wrong. i hardly ever drive Piranha anyway, which is the one it's supposed to work best with

RJ O'Connell
29th December 2004, 08:40 PM
That was Time Trial, and according to the Rapier class charts, that's good enough for first.
As is the overall time. Then again, there are only 4 other people with times posted.

Lance
29th December 2004, 10:04 PM
you said 2097, which is the PAL version. the record there is 16.5 seconds for a TT lap.

i am on the XL tables where we run a non-Piranha or Qirex league amongst most of the pilots. i do not post my Piranha times there [except for one in TR Phantom TT]. my fastest Piranha Rapier class time is 17.5 seconds, so 18.6 is not fast enough for first place. my racetime is 1:12.7. both my lap and race times for Piranha are no doubt very weak compared to what regular pilots of that ship can do, but with the exception of Jason's Piranha times which were the first times posted in those tables and were just casual times done to get the tables rolling, Piranha times are not posted except in Phantom class. by custom, however, not law. we agreed to race only non-Piranha ships because they're more fun, and because the Piranha is a supership only awarded at the end of the game and therefore has too huge an edge over the other teams. we are waiting for infoxicated to do a bit of a rewrite on the records tables, so that there will be a sort of Piranha Switch which will allow each pilot to post both Piranha and non_Piranha times so that we can continue to have Qirex fun and still try for quickest overall, while the people who only care about having the fastest possible time in all classes can also be happy, though of course, having the very fastest time of all is already possible because of Phantom class Piranha time postings