PDA

View Full Version : Another Programmer who wants to make a clone...

iprice
15th October 2004, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I'm another one of those annoying programmers who is desperate for any 3d models that are floating around. I know programming but I'm not too hot with a 3D tool. I can use the basic functions and stuff but I could really do with some help. I love Wipeout and I've done some 3d games before... and I want to try a wipeout clone. If anyone has any models of ships or tracks that they could send me, it would be great... and if anything ever comes of the game I will give full credit to the helpers.

Iain.

Hybrid Divide
15th October 2004, 10:12 PM
I've got a partial model of a slightly upgraded FEISAR craft I made myself from WipEout Fusion.

It was based on the Feisar blueprints avalible here at WIpEoutzone.

But it still needs to be completed.

iprice
15th October 2004, 10:17 PM
Cheers, any help is most welcome...

Shem
16th October 2004, 06:41 AM
Nice to hear, iprice, and welcome to WZ forums.

I remember, some time ago, there was this big fuss about one of fans making a W'O clone named - NAK racing. Yeah....I was to make some music for this game, but the whole project has become forgotten. I may not have made any music for this game, but I can sure make some music tracks for your game, as W'O games are the ones i like the most (that's why i'm here....duh!).
So, what do you say?

iprice
16th October 2004, 08:46 AM
Sounds good.... I was aiming for the PSX platform but I might try the PC too, quite easy to port the basics but with the PC you have more problems to do with who is runing what hardware....

I've read some of the other posts about clones and it would have been nice if they had been completed. I was playing the flash based clone last night and it is a nice little game but could do with a bit more work....

yuusen
16th October 2004, 06:23 PM

Welcome, iprice.

There is an open source wipEout clone at SourceForge called exceed.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/exceed

¥

iprice
16th October 2004, 08:01 PM
Had some problems getting it to compile correctly... anyone got a screen shot or even better, the exe.... would still like to try to make my own though...

yuusen
17th October 2004, 07:12 PM

Which 3D engine do you plan to use?

¥

iprice
17th October 2004, 07:15 PM
If I do a PSX version I have my own 3d engine, but I'm looking at various PC engines at the moment, I'm not sure which platform is better to work on...

Mobius
19th October 2004, 08:49 PM
Direct 3d! Direct 3d!

My openGL ins screwed so Direct 3d!

But 2 b honest OpenGl is a lot better graphically...

Whittled down to 2 options...which one? U choose

(ahem..d3d...ahem) :wink:

or if ur feeling up for it do both!

Lance
26th October 2004, 11:54 PM
hi iain. my name is Lancelot Price; possibly you are one of my long lost relatives?
:wink:
welcome to the forums

seryu
12th June 2005, 09:52 AM
Nice to hear, iprice, and welcome to WZ forums.

I remember, some time ago, there was this big fuss about one of fans making a W'O clone named - NAK racing. Yeah....I was to make some music for this game, but the whole project has become forgotten. I may not have made any music for this game, but I can sure make some music tracks for your game, as W'O games are the ones i like the most (that's why i'm here....duh!).
So, what do you say?

Check:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33828#33828

JABBERJAW
14th June 2005, 02:07 PM
If you did a playstation version, that would be pretty cool