PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Wipeout

DaMiGi63
7th October 2004, 12:20 PM
I've been seeing alot of posts dealing with the later Wipeou's being geared more to weapon's than racing as a whole,and I was doing some memory management and noticed one game in particular that I had'nt played in some time that I liked really well :) ,the game is called "HSX" or by it's full name "Hyper Sonic Extreme" ,the game is basically a wipeout knockoff,but one thing is, "no weaponry of any kind" and also,you can make your own tracks too,so for everyone thats wanting the "pure race feel",this might be an alternative. :wink:
From the back of the box, " Get ready to race like you've never raced before. Test your skills in futuristic anti-gravitational vehicles. Compete at impossible speeds on mind bending anti-conventionalrace tracks.And if you don't like the track your on,design your own". 8)
When I first bought it,I got it on a whim because Wipeout Fusion was being a headache and HSX was cheap too $9.99 at Wal-Mart when I got it ,so give it a try guys,you might like it ,the track editor is a nice touch also,and that was another reason I bought it and overall ,this is the game that Fusion could've been. 8) :D

Mobius
7th October 2004, 05:15 PM
HSX is a slicker version of the ill-fated g-surfers (which i stupidly bought for the track creator) the ai in the original was poor but the tracks would make you see your lunch again.

If only Wipeout Pure tracks were...

give either of them a try