PDA

View Full Version : Im back ( again )

Wamdue
23rd August 2004, 05:58 PM
:D

It all began when I bought Star wars : Galaxies 7 months ago, I kinda disapeared into it. MMORPGs are very addictve to say the least. That and loads of schoolwork. So I became more and more inactive on the WZ forums, til I one day decided to dedicate more time and post more.. I realised I had accidentally changed my password to something I cant remember, so I couldnt log back in. Sorted it out with infox now and Im glad to be back!

Looking forward to catch up with you all and get to know the new members.

If I cant reply within the last couple of days its because Im moving back to campus, I dont know if my internet connection is still running there. Worst case scenario is I gotta sign up for it again and itll take 3-4 weeks to get it running properly. Then again, I could be lucky and have it up and running tomorrow afternoon :)

Lance
23rd August 2004, 06:56 PM
well... okay, you're forgiven. ;) :D

really, though, it's good to see you back. :)

infoxicated
24th August 2004, 09:02 AM
Yay! About time, too! ;)

Wamdue
24th August 2004, 06:50 PM
And I got the internet connection running just fine back at campus now, You'll be seeing a lot more of me now hehehe :D

science
26th August 2004, 12:13 AM
Oh god, MMORPG's ate about 3 years of my life. 2 years, then a recovery, then a year relapse.... wish I had that time back. I definitely feel your pain.

Welcome back :wink:

Lotus
26th August 2004, 08:08 AM
KOM IGEN SVERIGE!! (come on sweden!)

infoxicated
26th August 2004, 08:51 AM
I actually like the look of Worlds of Warcraft... but then I know me... I know how much time I would just lose in a game like that. So I don't go anywhere near them! :lol:

Wamdue
28th August 2004, 05:31 PM
Hehe nice Lotus :D

I've signed up for the euro beta of WoW and downloaded wow and played some on emulated servers ( not half as many features as the real beta has ). The style in WoW is great, its no DOOM3 graphicswise but you can notice that very talented artists have worked on the game, I have'nt seen any straight angles in the landscape/architecture.. Everything has a very organic look to it. And the game seems very questdriven wich is fun :) If I get into beta/buy the game I'll play a warlock :twisted:

Biggest reason I started playing mmorpgs is that Im a sucker for online games ( used to play counter-strike for 3-4 years) and I had to quit playing FPS games online on a serious level because of the new internet connection at campus.. so I turned to less latency intensive games like mmorpgs. Tried EVE:Online , Planetside, Ragnarok, Anarchy:Online, Jumpgate until I stuck with SWG, Im such a star wars geek :D

I got pulled into one of the more addictive and boring grinds of SWG, becoming jedi.. Ie, you'll have to master close to all character classes ( and theres 32 of them ) to unlock the jedi slot.. The implementation of the jedi system has killed the game imo. Basically, to even have an immensly overpowered class in a mutliplayer game is borked. But then they made the way to become one so stupid that it has ruined the in-game economy. How do you know a merchant is a real merchant? maybe he's just grinding merchant for the jedi slot? etc.. MMORPGs in general are addictive and you should have considerable sparetime to even think of playing one, but SWG.. just stay away from it.. Its broken in so many ways they cant possibly hope to fix it all. Player versus player balance is out the window, a healing class does more damage in PVP than a Carbineer/Bounty hunter for example.. And the community is full of morons.. Its a nice feeling to come back here and see how our community has managed to stay constructive, interesting and fun for so long :)

hehe anyway, Im still playing a few hours every week of SWG despite how broken it is, so if anyone also does it, just contact Raiten on Farstar server.. Im a player-jedi hunting Bounty hunter, ill take you with me on a few hunts