PDA

View Full Version : Want to be in a ut clan? Anyone?

Mobius
10th August 2004, 05:06 PM
Hello Everybody,
As the end of all violent games rumor has been finally shelved - thanx every one who replied to the post.

So as im new here, does anyone here play unrealtournament? (not the 2003 or the 2004 edition)

and if you do should there be a wipeoutzone clan?
i can make basic maps if we want a personal stomping ground.

George

life's full of n00bs, so what :wink:

infoxicated
10th August 2004, 08:38 PM
I've actually just started UT2K4 within the last week, so I'm getting back into it again.

I don't know if it's me being fussy... but there's something about the new game that just doesn't seem as... well... as pure as the UT Game of the Year Edition install I have on my PC. Cant quite put my finger on it, but all the dual domination and choosing teams just seems to get in the way of the action. :D

Sadly I'm pretty average at FPS games for some reason - I'm not terrible, just not good enough to be clan standard. It's a shame Wamdue isn't still hanging around this place - he plays CS pretty seriously and I'm sure he'd have been up for some UT action. :)

Ooh... that was two paragraphs that ended in "action".

Cut! :D

Mobius
10th August 2004, 09:05 PM
Ive only been playing ut for about a month, i aint that good but u have to start somewhere.

Hybrid Divide
10th August 2004, 09:16 PM
I'm halfway decent at UT2K4. I might be up to that! :D

Come on Infox. At very least, we should all go Frag eachother from time to time! 8)

infoxicated
10th August 2004, 09:30 PM
Sure thing then... is there a server that's quiet that we could go on and just have a deathmatch?

I haven't played online with the PC for ages - the most online stuff I've done this year is with Socom II, and since I cant devote 10 hours a week to it I'm crap at that too! :lol:

Mobius
10th August 2004, 09:38 PM
one prob it would have to be ut (1999 or goty) only. my pc i too old for 2003 or 2004

gucci_little_piggy
10th August 2004, 09:42 PM
i would love to do this but my computer is buggered. it will crash easily when playing UT online :/

infoxicated
10th August 2004, 09:49 PM
one prob it would have to be ut (1999 or goty) only. my pc i too old for 2003 or 2004
Fine by me - I still have that on my machine... it takes up so little space compared to todays games. :)

Shem
10th August 2004, 10:16 PM
if so, I can be of some use (I was a HC player of UT some time ago). I only need to find this game, and I'm ready for action.

Hybrid Divide
11th August 2004, 04:17 AM
I'd have to find a copy of UT GOTY again... :(

G'Kyl
11th August 2004, 08:05 AM
I'd be up for a game or two of UT as well! :) Like Mobius' computer mine is two slow for 2003 and later, so I'd have to stick to UT. Which was the most entertaining FPS in recent years if you wanted nothing but a short boost of action on your screen. It's just too bad I'm far better at games from the quake series than unreal- or half-life-enginge games. ;)

Ben

infoxicated
11th August 2004, 08:38 AM
Anyone want to commit to a time and a place?

I'll be free on Thursday night and at various points over the weekend - up until 8.30pm on Sunday when the IndyCar racing is on. :)

G'Kyl
11th August 2004, 09:53 AM
Some weekend evening would be fine for me. And it would also allow people from the other side of the ocean to join in. :)

Ben

Mobius
11th August 2004, 03:41 PM
Brillinant!
We could hold up temporary servers on cirtain dates.

You can find ut on ebay or on the game website (www.shop.game.net)

i got it on ebay for 99p brand new

if we wanted to we could have a personal map.

G'Kyl
11th August 2004, 03:59 PM
if we wanted to we could have a personal map.

Spilskinanke? ;-)

Well, someone would have to build one, but then there are so many excellent maps already available that I would rather vote for using one of those. *makes note to check out NaliCity again soon* :)

Ben

Mobius
11th August 2004, 06:32 PM
if you could find splisikanne we could use that

i have only been using unrealED for about a month so the map would take some time to make.

i have started a project a couple of days ago. ill post it onto my site odgie.co.uk if you want it. (when it is finished)

Shem
11th August 2004, 07:05 PM
Sounds like it's back to training again. I'm available whole week, even at nights, up to 4 AM CET (sth like 23;00 PM USA). Shem/Taipan is the nick. I'll be watching these formus for further annoucements. I'm Out.

Mobius
11th August 2004, 07:47 PM
Anyone have an idea for a clan name?

George

G'Kyl
11th August 2004, 08:42 PM
You really wanna make a clan? As much as I'd like to play a few rounds once more I won't have the time to get into serious clan gaming. Of course, I don't know how others think about it, so I guess I better keep my breath until the final word has been spoken. :)

Ben

Mobius
11th August 2004, 09:08 PM
i wasnt thinking of it as a serious clan. what i meant to say is to have a little logo b4 our screen names so we know if we r playing another zoner.
eg
it could be

[wZ]Mobius

u get it?

if you do, got any ideas what coul go into the [square brackets?]

[wo] [wO] [wZ] something like that

Mobius
13th August 2004, 12:51 PM
is anyone here good a making textures?

if so, could anyone make wipeout-esque teextures for walls, floor and ceiling

nothing to dark and dingy tho

Wamdue
23rd August 2004, 06:08 PM
I dont own UT, but I got UT2k4 earlier this summer. Id love to join in on a game or two, my ping wont be all that great. The 10mbit is shared with the rest of my building.

There is a extremly well made and cool mod for ut2k4 I highly recommend. Its a strategic co-up kind of game set in a very ALIEN'ish enviroment. You play co-op with 3 other players, You can outfit your character with custom equipment and if you and your friends manage to complete a couple of missions the characters will evolve and you can choose to spend skillpoints on certain abilities ( much like the ships in WoFusion ).

http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/ <- their official site.