PDA

View Full Version : European Football Championship !!

zargz
15th June 2004, 11:39 PM
so far I seen a couple of fantastic games - england vs france and sweden vs bulgaria! :o :o :o

comments?

anybody in us/canada following this?

Rapier Racer
16th June 2004, 08:56 AM
Yes the Sweden match was great wasn’t it 5 goals with two from our old Celtic hero henrik, the England result wasn't bad ether! :D

infoxicated
16th June 2004, 11:26 AM
I actually haven't seen anything other than highlights so far, but Henrik's goal was typical of him - he's just such a predator in the box, and has the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

As a Rangers fan, I'm glad he's no longer with Celtic! :D

Rapier Racer
16th June 2004, 02:33 PM
lol I bet you are, let's hope for a more challenging league next season eh?

stin
16th June 2004, 02:47 PM
As a Rangers fan, I'm glad he's no longer with Celtic! :D

Yeah same too cos I`m soo glad he is away but he is a hellva player!!

stin :D

infoxicated
16th June 2004, 02:59 PM
I'll never forget the feeling of loss back in, when was it, 98 / 99 or 99 / 2000 season when Larrson and Mols - two of the most exciting strikers ever to play in Scotland at that point in time, went down and out for the season within a week of each other.

As a football fan I was gutted - that would have been one hell of a show that season if they'd both been fit. Although Larrson came back fit as a fiddle and better than before (although minus his dreads!), Mols was about five steps slower and always one tackle away from being out for a month.

A real sporting tragedy that one. :)

Rapier Racer
16th June 2004, 08:39 PM
What happened to Moles? he came to rangers and was kicking ass then it all went dramatically down hill, See what he wants to do now? Moles travel agency! You won't get many tims using that

infoxicated
16th June 2004, 09:10 PM
He injured his knee in a champions league game, trying to keep his feet while he was stumbling over another player. Funny thing was, if he's just went down and done a roll he'd have been fine, but his studs caught in the turf and it wrecked his knee.

They rarely come back from that kind of injury, and he's been a shadow of his former self ever since... :(

zargz
16th June 2004, 11:52 PM
the swedish comentators were saying henrik is invisible in thins game and then wops! 2goals! 8)

also as far as i could see fr the replay (russia vs portugal) the russian goalie didn't touch the boll!
seems 2me they'r (portugal) gon loose to spain in their next game .. :-?

Piranha Advancements
17th June 2004, 01:21 AM
I..just..hate..Celtic..They screwed Barca out of the UEFAs.

But on Euro,Greece is really a surprise package of the tournament so far.Now,we just gotta trash Portugal and we'll top the group and blitz our way to the finals,winning the Euro.Espana!!

xEik
17th June 2004, 08:14 AM
Spain is gonna get soooo eliminated. I doubt they can win Portugal being the home team (their classification is almost compulsory) and Greece will easily beat a Russian team that hasn't proved a worthy rival for anyone.

Piranha Advancements
17th June 2004, 04:22 PM
Aaah! Traitor!! We are never gonna get eliminated!

I hope Puyol breaks C.Ronaldo's legs on the right wings.And dammit,where's Xavi? You need a Barca player to run rings around the useless Figo,Deco and the Portugal midfield and creating opportunities and hopefully,the...Real forwards or any on the squad like Bravo don't screw it up.Hope Joaquin and Valeron are starters for the Portugal game.

Hating Real is my passion and hobby.

piranha wiper
17th June 2004, 09:40 PM
today 3-0 to england there is one thing i must be saying

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
come out

Rapier Racer
17th June 2004, 10:07 PM
Oh come on now, Englands first goal was offside, the second one was an OG, the third was good nowt wrong with it, but don't be getting too excited, if england make it to the next stage......you'll see

piranha wiper
17th June 2004, 10:11 PM
no i dont think so every one of thos goals was superb in every way, well mostly because of its against sweden

zargz
18th June 2004, 03:27 PM
2days gone's gon b great sweden - italy!!!
also bulgaria - denmark looks interesting!! 8)

Hellfire_WZ
18th June 2004, 04:29 PM
To be honest, I can't really say England played that well yesterday. While the goals were pretty good, I felt we were sloppy in parts, and I don't really like the way we just sit back and let teams come at us. Also, I don't know why James and the back line persist with lobbing balls up to Rooney and Owen. Not exactly giants, are they? Seen it all season with West Ham, and it doesn't work! ;) Croatia will be tough, they looked a real threat against France yesterday. I think a draw will do us. Even if Switzerland beat France, we'll be above them on goal difference unless France get slaughtered.

Rapier Racer
18th June 2004, 06:02 PM
no i dont think so every one of thos goals was superb in every way, well mostly because of its against sweden

WRONG!

45 mins till Swedens kick off, MOAN THE SWEEDS

Lance
18th June 2004, 07:40 PM
c'mon you guys, let's not allow this topic to descend into chauvinistic rah-rahs; please post something about the games that is informative and analytical

zargz
18th June 2004, 09:15 PM
did u SEE the goal ZLATAN made!!! OVERtime!! I belive! he's here 2 SAVE us! *religious* :D :D
now swed'll b ok even if tie w denmark and italy win over bulgaria - coz of goal diffrnce! 8)

Piranha Advancements
20th June 2004, 07:36 PM
Ronaldo's killing us and Raul Bravo's like a donkey in defence.Argh.C'mon.Hold on for 45 more minutes...

xEik
20th June 2004, 10:16 PM
Spain is gonna get soooo eliminated. I doubt they can win Portugal being the home team (their classification is almost compulsory) and Greece will easily beat a Russian team that hasn't proved a worthy rival for anyone.

I love it when it's so easy to guess the outcome of a situation. Well, I was wrong about Greece winning Russia. :lol:

Piranha Advancements
21st June 2004, 02:00 AM
This must be a nightmare...One giant nightmare waaah...It's all the Real player's fault.Aaaaaaaarrrghhhh!!!! I was so furious.

It took me hours to get pass that defeat and what the hell were we doing? Sleeping the first hour and just creating chances to pass the ball to the Portuguese.And when we're a goal down,we woke up like..30 minutes left in the game...and what we always do anyways and never learn and get kicked out early as usual.If it ain't gonna be Spain,might as well be Portugal to win it or else.

......Spain's still gonna win the World Cup in 2006 yaaarrrrrr.

xEik
21st June 2004, 10:53 AM
.....Spain's still gonna win the World Cup in 2006 yaaarrrrrr.
You wish.
Spain has many good players but as a team it has always lacked the mentatlity necessary to win this kind of all-or-nothing competitions. :roll:

Piranha Advancements
21st June 2004, 06:42 PM
I know exactly what you mean.We always falter as a unit when it's crunch time.

zargz
22nd June 2004, 02:33 PM
wi-ha! sweden - denmark soon! :D
normaly nordic countries hav a good morale, play for eachother& dont have big stars
but now swed has 3 of them !! so cool I think we gon go far in this tournament!
hope it's 2:2 so both go on & italy gets out for been such whiners!! :evil:
about england - not bad for a son of a boxer! :D rooney really does look like 1! 8)
spain un4tunately has the big stars but cant work 2gether :-?

Rapier Racer
22nd June 2004, 10:17 PM
Sweden v Denmark was some match, I think i need life insurance now, I was frantically flicking between both games for the last 10 minutes.... relief when that second goal went in :) I would have been so bitter if they hadn't scored that and got put in the 94th minute because of the Italy goal

zargz
23rd June 2004, 09:11 AM
pwew! same here!! :o :D

Rapier Racer
24th June 2004, 09:37 PM
That England match what game eh? and what a result! Nice one Ricardo son you represent all us Ricardo's out there!

Piranha Advancements
24th June 2004, 11:19 PM
Now the Spanish has got company.But you England dudes gave us one hella of a good game to watch.Beckham was a killa!

http://www.oldiesmaisgoodies.com/upload/zouh/beckss.jpg

PS: Don't smash Lisbon after this.

zargz
25th June 2004, 02:09 AM
oh my, oh my! i didnt c the match live - saw the replay & it just finished now 4am :o
what a game!!!