PDA

View Full Version : E3 On Bravo

Rapier Racer
19th May 2004, 02:45 PM
Just thought I’d let you know, people in the UK can see 2 programs on the digital TV channel Bravo, about E3, the first one is next Wednesday at 5.00pm, don’t know if they’ll be any good but there you go.

infoxicated
19th May 2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I hope they'll be aimed at a slightly higher level of intelect than the gaming channels are.

If I haven't heard the words "yeah! Wicked!" after two or three minutes of the show then that'll be a good sign. :)

Lance
19th May 2004, 05:47 PM
lol
they have a lot of 10 year old presenters on those game channels, do they?

infoxicated
19th May 2004, 09:32 PM
Mostly just 20 something assclown presenters who talk in faux-ebonics in order to be down with the kids. You know the type - it just blows the appeal of most gaming programmes out of the water as soon as you turn 18.

I'd have thought the fact that you play games at your age, Lance, would skew the demographic of gamers so far beyond their 13 year old target audience that it might seem worthwhile to make a gaming show that's aimed at a more mature audience.

Guess you'll have to keep plugging away into your 80's for that to happen! ;)

Hybrid Divide
19th May 2004, 09:44 PM
Agreed.

I hate how many gaming shows try to stick to some demographic instead of just giving you some straight stuff.

*sigh*

I blame MTV.

Lance
19th May 2004, 11:23 PM
Rob, i may have to pass the century mark for that to happen.
only 39 years of playing Wipeout to go!
a very pleasant prospect!

Piranha Advancements
20th May 2004, 12:17 AM
Maybe unrelated but does anyone still remember that Nintendo-ish game/cartoon show hosted by this dude.They had Megaman and Icarus and Mario or something.That was back in the 80s I think..

Rapier Racer
20th May 2004, 01:58 AM
Indeed I do not :-?

Rapier Racer
27th May 2004, 12:05 AM
If I haven't heard the words "yeah! Wicked!" after two or three minutes of the show then that'll be a good sign. :)

Well I can tell you that those words were not used once throghout the entire program

FoxZero
27th May 2004, 01:46 AM
i remember something like that pirhana, the super mario bros super show.. the scariest part was the end when this guy dressed up as mario would dance and sing a song to the mario theme music.

Synthetic Consciousness
27th May 2004, 06:38 AM
All I can remember about that show is that the role of Mario was played by Captain Lou Albano. I remember Captain N: The Game Master a little bit better, though.

infoxicated
27th May 2004, 08:23 AM
Well I can tell you that those words were not used once throghout the entire program
Smeg - I missed the show. Was it any good? :)

Rapier Racer
27th May 2004, 01:13 PM
It was ok, they went through their top 10 E3 highlights which included games and hardware, that new Nintendo handheld looks a bit dodgy, the PSP was at number 1 and they also had some very strange games, like that one where you are the aliens and you get to destroy the human race! and fly around in saucers and the like, the next E3 special is on next Wednesday 2/6/04 at the same time of 5pm