PDA

View Full Version : E3 has come to pass...What games are you hyped?

Piranha Advancements
17th May 2004, 04:35 PM
Too many good ones..

Devil May Cry 3 - May I cry..after watching the kick-ass trailer..? It's not CGI like Oni3 but it's rocking in-game! Dante is baaack..

Rumble Roses - Wrestling + Women = Fun?! Hey,they've got mud wrestling..I'm definitely in for the wrestling.Women..Pfft..

KOTOR2: Sith Lords - I think this one will make me get an XBox.That brick console..

Mortal Kombat Deception - Been waiting for this..and digesting every new info that comes out.

FF12 - Gotta have some RPG fix.

MGS3: Snake Eater - Like DMC2 and MGS2, 3 might be the best ones yet..Snaake!

Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines - Loved the books.Liked the previous one.Will love this game.

Other good mentionables for me..are Armored Core: Nexus,Front Mission 4,Bloodrayne 2,Norrath 2 and Death By Degrees.Can't from any opinion on Wipeout Pure from several gaming sites since there's barely..any infos.Plenty o' sequels but hey,the next few months will be interesting.

G'Kyl
17th May 2004, 04:53 PM
Since this year's E3 didn't really bring anything new, except for handhelds, I am still anticipating the updoming wave of first person games, namely Doom 3, HL2 and Thief 3. All of them together will probably raise the standard of shooter (and similar) games a few inches. And I'm not just speaking technically, but also in terms of gameplay.

Ben

infoxicated
17th May 2004, 06:00 PM
Ace Combat 5
Burnout 3
Driver 3 (I refuse to call it Driv3r... damn, just did.)
Gran Tourismo 4

Those are the ones I'm most looking forward to, aside from Wipeout for PSP. :)

Rapier Racer
18th May 2004, 12:03 AM
Too many good ones..

Mortal Kombat Deception - Been waiting for this..and digesting every new info that comes out.

Cool the new MK!!! Do you have any info on it? I would be most greatful if you could pass it on :D

Rapier Racer
18th May 2004, 12:12 AM
You probably have already seen this but theres a demo and an image here

http://www.mkdeception.midway.com/

Piranha Advancements
18th May 2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks but I've seen that one and several more.Can't possibly find all the links but these are allright I suppose.

Here's a good one for images and trailers.

http://konqrr.com/MKDe/MKDe_Trailer1_Images_01.html

And another..the E3 trailer.Is inside there..somewhere.

http://www.mkdeception.midway.com/

The character...kharakter select screen..

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/e3/simage.cds?2004/12/screenshots/dsc00312.jpg

I'm sure you've already known of the possibility there being more than the orginal 24 characters mentioned.

Rapier Racer
18th May 2004, 08:43 PM
Cool, thanks very much

zargz
18th May 2004, 09:50 PM
I'm awaitin 4 woPure & Doom3 :D

Asche XL
19th May 2004, 01:03 AM
The thing about Mortal Kombat is that it used to be really cool when it first came out, mortal kombat 1 and 2 (mainly 2) are by far the best in the series. Then it got all weird, and non of the characters really had any appeal / stories ( or they didn't make any sense), the costoms got stupid etc

MK1- Ground breaking
MK2- Completely Awesome
MK3- OK
MK4- Gross
MKDA - better but dumb characters, no stage fatalities, story line?

I hope with deception they went back to their roots. Dark mood/environment, more realisitc ( well, throwing ice isn't exactly realistic but you get the point, think MK1 the movie), better characters (costume, moves, story)

Rapier Racer
19th May 2004, 02:23 AM
I see your point and I agree with you but I prefer MK 4 myself, I really didn't like the way they killed off Lui Kang in Deadly Alliance.

Asche XL
19th May 2004, 02:21 PM
I see your point and I agree with you but I prefer MK 4 myself, I really didn't like the way they killed off Lui Kang in Deadly Alliance.

I didn't like that either, he was an MK icon.

Piranha Advancements
19th May 2004, 04:17 PM
He's coming back as a...ghosty and zombie now in Deception.Whopee.

Rapier Racer
19th May 2004, 08:25 PM
Is he??? Oh joy, Does he still have kano's body?

Piranha Advancements
20th May 2004, 04:30 PM
No updates/ pics to prove his return in Kano's form though..Ah well.

Bob Todd
8th June 2004, 09:31 AM
Gold: Jak III
Silvergilt: Devil May Cry 3
Silver: Ratchet & Clank 3
Bronze: WipEout PSP
Others: Okami, Prince Of Persia 2, Sly Raccoon 2, Viewtiful Joe PS2

AmishRobot
9th June 2004, 07:20 AM
Only thing I'm looking forward to right now is Burnout 3. Oh, I must cause mass destruction! :P

In a few months I'll start looking forward to Halo 2 and Psychonauts, but right now it's too early to care. And I can't really bring myself to get excited about Wipeout Pure, as I expect to never buy a PSP. I am interested to see how it turns out, though.

Rapier Racer
10th June 2004, 12:27 AM
The only reason I want a PSP is for Wipeout Pure, so in a manner of speaking it will be the most expensive game I have ever bought.

infoxicated
10th June 2004, 08:47 AM
Heh!

When you put it like that, I guess SSX is the most expensive game I ever bought.

SSX: £39.99
PS2: £299.99
MC: £27.99

...for everything else that month... there was mastercard! :lol:

Actually... wait a minute... Wipeout 3 is the most expensive game I ever bought... I mean, the game itself was pretty reasonable - cant even remember if I paid full price or the interim price of £29.99 before things go budget. But the domain registration fees (up next month, fact fans) and the server hosting for this place have cost well over a £1000 by now. :o

Right.. that's it - I'm posting loads more in future... I must get a return on my investment! No point in owning a classy handbuilt car if all you're going to do is open the garage every day to check that it's still there! :D

AmishRobot
13th June 2004, 02:30 AM
If I remember correctly infox, didn't you come by your current job partly as a result of Wipeoutzone? Wouldn't that count toward your return on investment? ;)

£1000 is a lot. I had no idea it was so pricey. Now I feel bad for never buying a tshirt!

zargz
13th June 2004, 09:11 AM
I'm awaitin 4 woPure & Doom3 :D found 1more worth the wait - Armored Core for th psp!!! how cool is that?!! 8)
so now i'm buying psp for 2 games :P
hope also there's gon b some good tennis game (2link) coz i hate playing on the far side of the screen! :evil:

infoxicated
13th June 2004, 09:37 AM
If I remember correctly infox, didn't you come by your current job partly as a result of Wipeoutzone? Wouldn't that count toward your return on investment? ;)

£1000 is a lot. I had no idea it was so pricey. Now I feel bad for never buying a tshirt!

Yes, this site did make the connection between the parties involved in the interview for the job... but I don't get paid for running this site, I get paid for the work I do in the office.

As for the £1000 in hosting fees, that's in total over the last four years. Initially we were on a reasonably cheap server, then moved to one costing around £400 a year, and now we're back down to something that's a bit more cost effective. It may end up ramping up again in future, especially if we're allowed to host downloadable user created content for future games - we'll need the extra bandwidth and it doesn't come cheap.

Raelgun
20th June 2004, 01:15 PM
Ok big ass list... top 20 most lookin forward to after E32004...

1. Halo 2 (Xbox)
2. Dark Sector (PC)
3. Infected (PSP)
4. WipEout Pure (PSP)
5. Metal Gear Acid (PSP)
6. Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders (Xbox)
7. The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth (PC)
8. B.C. (Xbox)
9. F.E.A.R. (PC)
10. Phantom Dust (Xbox)
11. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (PC)
12. DOOM 3 (PC)
13. Half-Life 2 (PC)
14. Tribes: Vengeance (PC)
15. StarCraft: Ghost (Xbox)
16. Forza Motorsport (Xbox)
17. Jade Empire (Xbox)
18. Guild Wars (PC)
19. World of Warcraft (PC)
20. Gran Turismo 4 Mobile (PSP)

Rumble Roses makes me want a PS2...
...actualy it more correctly makes me want Konami to port RR to Xbox...

Edit: Spelling.