PDA

View Full Version : Let's Be Friends!

YoshiXL
2nd January 2004, 08:10 PM
Hey everyone what's up!? Im YoshiXL, avid SSX gamer, I accidentally stumbled on this site by accident while searching pics to put on my sig for my SSX fansite! I absolutely love this place and now i have a new place to chill. If anyone knows of more really good fansites like this can you please post em?

EDIT: why cant i show my sig?

lunar
2nd January 2004, 08:44 PM
Hi Yoshi, welcome - :o

Earlier today I found merqurycity and downloaded your Snowdream run - the internet`s not such a big place after all. 8) Very impressive run too.

Can you answer a question for me: how do you experts get such big air on jumps? I watched the Mesablanca run (Mr Chaos?) and he gets much much bigger jumps than me. I do prewind (Hold x and direction with d-pad, then release or release and press x on takeoff) but don`t go nearly so high. Is there another secret?

There is also the official wipeoutfusion.com site, but its sort of lost in the wilderness these days.

Don`t know about the sigs.

Got SSX3 a few days ago but haven`t had a serious session yet, so don`t expect to see me on the ssx scoreboards - the ones here are tough enough. :x :)

YoshiXL
2nd January 2004, 09:32 PM
thanks for the welcome! well a few things can factor in getting hhigh jumps. you of course have to be maxed out, have a great freestyle character like mac/kaori, and speed and angles all factor in. We spend hours upon hours finding out all this stuff and I dont know if you have the time for that. we are diehard ssx fans . I suggest you visit merqurycity again if you want to see some amazing ssx3 vids. Mrchaos is just nonhuman when it comes to this subject...

science
3rd January 2004, 02:34 AM
Sigs are turned off to avoid clutter in the forums. You'll notice that everything is much cleaner and easier to read because of it.
Welcome to the site, yoshi. Don't know how much SSX competition you'll find here, but I guarantee you that the records posted at wipeoutzone will give you a run for your money ;)

infoxicated
3rd January 2004, 09:14 AM
Welcome Yoshi :)

I've had SSX3 since it came out, but I was finding it a bit samey and moved on to Tony Hawk's Underground, so now my SSX skills are totally wrecked! They're similar in the controls, but different enough to cause problems. :)

YoshiXL
3rd January 2004, 02:50 PM
Well, that REALLY sux that we can't have sigs but I'll try to live with it as I have been spoiled by my SSX site =D.

Well since im new to the site, I find it a little akward navigating and searching for stuff. I wanted to find out where I can find Fusion Records. I'm ready to take on the world. :evil:

lunar
3rd January 2004, 05:49 PM
I`ll start with the bad news: All fusion records are at wipeoutfusion.com - just click on "enter the challenge" on the main page. Unfortunately NTSC players can`t enter times - that`s right, they made the game but forgot about half of the world :-?

Also, the times section of those tables is completely meaningless due to a MAssive glitch in the game, which involves turboing off the track to get lap times of half a second and such nonsense. Its impossible to tell what the fastest genuine time is, because the times are not checked by any mods or referees. They built a whole website to enter times, but failed to close a hole in the game that made it useless - amazing really. :o

The good news is that the zone mode tables are excellent, very tough and uncheatable, but I guess no use to you if you`re in the half of the world the developers forgot about. You can look and see how your scores measure up. Zone is the only bit of fusion that`s seen any serious competition, 151 being the highest ever reached.

the other good news is that wipeout 3 is a much better game and has a very competitive table right here. There are also new XL tables, all reached from the front page of the site.

YoshiXL
3rd January 2004, 06:08 PM
I know you guys are probably tired of hearing about the ssx fansite but I was hoping I could give you guys suggestions from there. www.merqurycity.com

Ok, we are a group of dedicated ssx gamers. there is a scoreboard for racing/showoff for each game in the series, ssx, ssx tricky, and ssx3. We let ntsc and pal versions on it and any system also. its a top ten list for each track. Player gets a top 10 spot, he sends his time/score in and a screenshot and just like that it will be updated into the board. We are all an honest bunch and have the videos to prove our skills. If we see someone we never heard about posting some really high time/score we question that. We ask for video proof. Its a great system that has worked for almost 3 years now. You guys should really take this into consideration.

also, why cant pal/ ntsc work together? is it a huge difference if someone gets a perfect lap on each one?

lunar
3rd January 2004, 07:02 PM
the problems I talked about are only for wipeout fusion. I don`t think its possible to have a scoreboard for that game on this site.

For wipeout 3 and wipeout 3SE, this site has a scoreboard exactly like the one you describe at Merqury City, going beyond the top 10 aswell. It covers every track, time trial and race, at all speed classes. Likewise, if someone posted a fake record time here we would all know it. Cheating would be very difficult to achieve and its never been an issue as far as I know.

NTSC v PAL does make a HUge difference to times in a speed based game like wipeout. That`s why this site has separate tables for Pal and NTSC on wipeout 3. A search of the forum archive will tell you a lot more than you need to know about this issue. Or simply go look at the differences in times between the NTSC and PAL tables for wipeout 3, which are mainly explained by frame rate differences. Basically, if you flew exactly the same lap twice, on PAL and NTSC, the NTSC lap would be much faster. By how much exactly? there are members here who would know, but I don`t. :D

Wiseman
11th January 2004, 08:30 AM
Finally, someone else from Texas joins! :lol:

A very belated 'welcome to the board' to you, Yoshi. :)

YoshiXL
11th January 2004, 03:05 PM
Finally, someone else from Texas joins! :lol:

A very belated 'welcome to the board' to you, Yoshi. :)

haha, I thought I was the only Texan to play wipeout.

rodwipE
2nd February 2004, 05:44 PM
Hey there YoshiXL. I know you from from the wipEout boards on Gamefaqs. I never did find out if you accepted my apology for making a sarcastic remark after I got you mixed up with another user.

Piranha Advancements
2nd February 2004, 07:00 PM
Heya Yoshi..It's repetitive but Mr Chaos nailed those racing lines to the multipliers well in Style Mile.My poor Zoe can't even get that high a score...even if the eagles know her name.

As a perfectionist when videogames are concerned..( I love God datas..whoopee!),getting 100% on all characters would be massively insane.

DaMiGi63
30th March 2004, 05:10 AM
Phoenix Az here :)