PDA

View Full Version : I want to ask you 'ACTIVE' People something.

Rachel Johnson
25th December 2003, 11:06 PM
It has been eating away at me for some time now...

What the HELL have you got against me and my 'NON-IMAGINARY' Family?

Seriously... I need to know.

I know this is an old subject, but it's eating at me.

infoxicated
26th December 2003, 11:30 AM
I don't think the people here have anything against you. Perhaps they just aren't interested in the same thing you are.

And it's hardly just people here who find your whole family thing tiring - you've not had much success with it on the fusion site, either, have you? I mean, just the other day you were telling someone on the Fusion site that you're "not the most likeable person".

Have a go at talking about Wipeout, rather than chibi art and maybe you'll have more success.

Lance
26th December 2003, 01:09 PM
hi Rachel,
to speak only for myself, the whole Johnson family thing just doesn't mesh with my set of interests, particularly the subset of interests that are satisfied by WipeoutZone, or that would be addressed by any games related forums. while i might discuss someone's family incidents or relations in private communications such as e-mail or such, i wouldn't do it here. public discussion of it in a forum of this type just doesn't fit the interests or desires likely to shared by its members.

aside from that, Rachel, we know from your writings on other places on the net, such as your own forums, that you are interested in role-playing. so no matter how real your family is, the way you present it, and the milieu in which you present it, make it seem imaginary. when that's combined with the other members lack of interest in the subject, it seems just a thing of interest only to you and that talk of it seems to be simply a self-serving or selfish indulgence on your part. it's a bit hard to take, and an irritant to anyone who is not actually involved in that family.

while your intent may be purely to share your interests with others, if those others do not actually have the same interests, there is no sharing happening. for instance, the chibi art. i like anime art, but i have no interest in the chibi and super-deformed character art that is part of it. i'm not interested in all anime art, just part of it. so i can't really share in your enthusiasm for the part you speak of.

i hope that explains why i don't react at all to some of your posts. i think it probably explains the reactions or non-reactions of several of the wz members beside myself as well, but as i said, i can only speak with a certain high level of accuracy about my own thoughts on it