PDA

View Full Version : Playstation3!!!

stin
8th November 2003, 05:03 PM
I had a haircut today but I was listening over their conversation!, they were talking about Playstation 3 which will be out in public in Febuary 2004!!.

Well I am interested getting it but will the latest Wipeout come out with the new console?

Hopefully will but I`m not too sure...................is it????

Guys did you hear anything yet?

stin :)

zargz
9th November 2003, 04:22 PM
perhaps they were talking about the PSP! I think 3 is not due til sometimes '05. ('_')

infoxicated
9th November 2003, 10:44 PM
I doubt your barber has a hotline straight to Sony headquarters in Japan! :lol:

This is too daft to even comment on, let alone believe - give yourself a shake, Stin - do you honestly think they'll replace the most popular console in the world in four months time, while it's still outselling its rivals!?

tyltyI
10th November 2003, 07:34 AM
Lol, february 2004 is probably impossible and very unlike. No marketing strategy, no ads, no games yet. Even the developers had to learn how develop for it, do you really think they learned it so fast? A bit early uh? :-?

And Infoxicated, don't underestimate barbers. From some strange reason they know everything before everyone else :lol:

infoxicated
10th November 2003, 09:14 AM
Well, in this case they know sh*t!

I'd change your barber, Stin - these guys obviosly don't know their stuff.

Thruster2097
10th November 2003, 09:34 AM
They could be talking about the "psx" revised ps2, you know, the chrome one with the hard disc, DVD/RW and tivo system.... that is supposed to be coming out soon, same as the psp.
As for the PlayStation3, sony are gonna have to wait a few years until the UK and other parts of europe get their picture resoultions increased and in line with our cousins in the blue-disc territories. Then there will be absoultley no difference between NTSC, PAL or SECAM! Which, ultimatley, will lead to easier, quicker conversions from different territories.

stin
10th November 2003, 04:22 PM
Infox: you were right about barber which he was being a smarta**!! so I told him straight in the face!!! about the real facts. :x

But after I left the barber`s place, then the owner came to me to say sorry and gave me free haircuts next time I will be there! 8)

Anyway you should have seen his face! it was priceless!!

stin :oops:

PS I have bought TWO limited edition PS2 consoles(silver) for my kids Christmas!

Lance
10th November 2003, 08:17 PM
the great thing about having one video standard for the games is that it would eliminate any doubts about fastest times and how they relate to each other. now if only the games made for that standard are good enough for us to keep playing them for years.

it might be nice if they convert WO3 to a high definition wide-screen standard

Thruster2097
11th November 2003, 07:22 AM
Stin,
Im not talking about the silver ps2, Im talking about those flashy "PSX" systems that havent come out yet, and will probably cost around a million pounds when it does, even though I still cant see a port for the controller!

As for that 'blue-disc' stuff, its sort of a 3GB mini-disc that records video, and all the new generation plasmas/lcd screens and dvd/hdd recorders have this stuff included.
And another thing about this blue-disc stuff, apparently in japan they are trialing an ultra hi-res 100hz television broadcast signal, as opposed to the current lo-res 60.
Let me find a couple o websites about it and get back to you :wink:

infoxicated
11th November 2003, 08:52 AM
The PSX is rumoured to be around £400 - £500 when it eventually arrives here... millions is a bit of an overstatement! :D

Remember: Sony is into providing Consumer Electronics, not Arab Shaikh Toy Provider! :lol:

Lance
11th November 2003, 09:02 PM
no controller port? does that mean that it's wireless?

infoxicated
12th November 2003, 07:43 AM
Further PSX info:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3170392.stm
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=97743
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/456/456834p1.html