PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Ever Happen to LANCE ? [ Long time MOD]

blackwiggle
1st February 2017, 05:57 AM
I got wondering about this the other day...[Tends to happen when you get close to Lance's age when last he posted]

I looked up and saw that he hasn't been active since 23rd June 2014.

Who is in contact with him ?.... I sort of miss his velvet fist of moderation [You have had to have been on both ends of Lances MOD decisions to understand ]

Hybrid Divide
1st February 2017, 06:28 AM
No idea, but I was thinking about that about a week ago, myself.

Wherever he is, I hope he's doing ok...

stin
1st February 2017, 10:02 AM
l have been thinking about him for a while and even checked his website but he has not been active since 2013.

Just hope he is alright, is he into 70 or late 60?

stevie :(

Xpand
1st February 2017, 10:37 AM
He's around 74 if the "how old are pilots around here" thread is anything to go by.
I hope he's alright as well.

By the way has he ever told the story of how he got into Wipeout? I think that'd be an interesting story to read.

infoxicated
6th February 2017, 09:17 AM
Lance has "gone dark" a few times over the years, so it's not completely unusual for him to take a break for a while before checking in again.

He gave us a bit of a scare a long time back when a bad hurricane hit his area in Florida and he disappeared for a good couple of weeks. Turned out that the phone lines had been pulled down by the storm and it took him a while to get back online.

Turned out there was nothing to worry about - hopefully that's still the case. :)

blackwiggle
6th February 2017, 10:33 AM
Maybe he eventually got married :D
Although Lance always seemed to come across as a bit of a cheapskate to me ;) [Trying to illicit a response ] , so maybe the Florida US$75 fee for a Gay Marriage license would have cut across the grain for him.
I hope he's happy anyway.

mdhay
15th February 2017, 01:27 PM

If you want to illicit a response out of Lance, you need to copy his moderation message style. That's his berserk button. ;)