PDA

View Full Version : GameBlast 2017

Hellfire_WZ
23rd January 2017, 07:30 PM
Anyone up for a bit of charity fundraising?

For those who don't know about this event, GameBlast is an annual event run over a weekend to raise money for the charity SpecialEffect, the same people I did my 24 hour fundraiser for a couple of years ago. Lots of gaming venues and livestreamers are holding 24-hour streams and the like, but anyone can get involved. If anyone is interested in taking part or organising their own stream, here is the link to the event page and also a promotional video for GameBlast itself. I'd love to do another 24-hour stream, but unfortunately my internet connection has worsened and I very much doubt it could handle it anymore, but I will be looking for public events to support or take part in directly. The first three events have raised over £400,000

https://www.gameblast17.com/

https://youtu.be/IIYxzU8Qwag

Cipher
23rd January 2017, 10:28 PM
I would actually like to, but as i'll be living with 2 other people a stream will be out of the question (and i won't have my desktop with me either, so it's not really an option anyway), perhaps next year when i have my own place, i'll be able to do something (it's not like have a large audience though :/)

Perhaps a donation linky on the forum somewhere during the time of the event?

santuz_rocks
26th January 2017, 04:03 PM
I had never heard of this beautiful event! England is so evolved and up to date! That weekend is the first weekend after winter examination session, so i will be free and happy to participate! I will promote this event in my university too, maybe we could try to organize a group!! :hyper:hyper
Thank you for the information!!
I have just a doubt: participants must be English? Other Europeans can participate?

Hellfire_WZ
26th January 2017, 08:53 PM
it's a British based charity, but anyone can run events and organise donations :)

Hellfire_WZ
23rd February 2017, 08:56 PM
GameBlast 2017 is this weekend everyone! Please do try and support some of the events that will be happening over the next few days, all money raised will go towards SpecialEffect. You can also buy a special GameBlast t-shirt from InsertCoin.