PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Aeralys
31st March 2017, 10:19 AM
Oh man. I'm a sucker for Steelbooks but I know I'd rather grab the digital copy to keep it as accessible as I did with PS3 WipEout HD.

June is much earlier than I was expecting which is fantastic. I was predicting some sort of release date announcement around E3, not the actual game!

Not long now then guys and gals. :)

OBH
31st March 2017, 10:22 AM
"By buying the digital pre-order edition version of WipEout Omega Collection, you’ll also get exclusive avatars, a Van Uber ship and a digital artbook."

What a shame this doesn't mean what, for a moment, I thought it did :D

multibodydynamics
31st March 2017, 10:34 AM
My shopping list:
Digital download (already paid)
Steelbook edition
Standard PAL release
Standard US release
Standard JP release
Gotta catch em all!

Edit:
A Van-Uber ship! That's interesting. I wonder if they made an HD-version of it themselves or if it was found in SL:s old archives? We'll never know, but we'll take good care of it. :beer

Jonny
31st March 2017, 12:42 PM
A VAN-ÜBER!?
BOI I'LL GET A PS4.

This is really making me considering to change my plans...

Snakenator1
31st March 2017, 12:53 PM
Van-uber returning?!?!

Well looks like the wipeout lore after pure is now gonna be in need of a small rewrite if this becomes canon :P

OBH
31st March 2017, 01:22 PM
It's likely just a poorly written description.

They'd make a little bit more of a fuss about pre-ordering the game if you got extra content. The email confirming it's now available mentions nothing of it.

Don't get your hopes up now.

multibodydynamics
31st March 2017, 01:29 PM
No no. It's real.
https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/847748689460248577

OBH
31st March 2017, 01:54 PM
In that case then, boys and girls, now you can get excited!!!! :P:+

Racingfan
31st March 2017, 02:05 PM
CONFIRMED that custom soundtracks ingame is not supported

Important questions:
1) Is the custom soundtrack feature from HD still in?
2) Is the Racebox also available for 2048?

John McLaughlin 31 March, 2017 @ 12:24 pm

Hi Shiff
1: Unfortunately not, but you can play your own music via Spotify or your HD. We think you will love our new soundtrack though, it’s proper awesome!
2: Yes yes and ….yes!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-gets-7th-june-release-date-first-details-on-the-soundtrack/

EDIT: i asked this

Hi mack and o connor. just two questions. in the blog it states that you can play time trial online
“Play with your friends, either with split screen local multiplayer, or race online* for up to eight Anti Gravity Racing league pilots. Race in tournaments, single races, time trial or in the famous zone mode.”
Is this a error and its meant to be elimination? time trial online was never in HD/2048. Or is it a New game mode? A confirmation please
In the description in store it states you can play forward and reverse on 26 tracks… does this mean you can play reverse on 2048 tracks and the Zone exclusive tracks in HD? (Pro tozo, mallavol, corridon 12, syncopia) And can you play those zone tracks on other game modes now? (time trial, speed lap, single races etc)

i got this as a reply:

I think what it means is that your TT are posted online.
Online game modes are: Single Race, Eliminat0r, Zone Battle, Tournament for HD/Fury and Single Race, Combat and Tournament for 2048
In terms of tracks there are 10 2048 tracks, 12 tracks in HD/Fury and 4 Zone tracks
The 12 tracks in HD fury can be reversed.
All HD/Fury/2048 tracks can be played in zone mode
The Fury background is not in the Omega Collection

so thats really disappoining... the mindblowing fury background is not in omega and 2048 tracks aint reverse after all? ;(

lets hope they patch in the fury background after release tho :) its so beautiful :D

Hybrid Divide
31st March 2017, 04:53 PM
Disappointing they nixed the custom soundtrack feature. Why would they do that?!

I'll still buy, of course. But if we get a new entry, custom soundtracks is something we should be demanding.

Still excited, though.

EDIT: The Amazon link seems to show a standard box. How can I ensure I get the steelbook release?

terra-wrists
31st March 2017, 06:37 PM
Disappointing they nixed the custom soundtrack feature.

that's it, I'm done with the franchise lol

TheFrostE
31st March 2017, 07:39 PM
Wow! i havent been here in ages but the WZ post about Van Uber got me thinking. Wipeout is amazing and ive spent years and alot of time on it, met some great people. That being said, its time to let go of the remasters of remakes from the psps hayday...Id rather have a new Wipeout as opposed to the same tracks weve been racing for a decade. Ive been more interested in Formula Fusion. Leon Switch doing the OST is great, tDR is back on board and ALOT of new AG racing features that we havent seen before. Its shaping up REALLY nice and its all NEW. The PS4 and Xbox1 wont see it until late this year but thats fine as the Omega hype will die down after people get their 2048 fix on a TV. and it will be fine tuned PC side first. Aside from 2048 on a big screen i cant really see an incentive to rebuy, wohd looks phenomenal on ps3, custom soundtracks are there too. New songs...meh, Van Uber...meh. "Dynamic 4k" BIG meh, that just means it doesnt support true native 4k so its being upscaled.

In any case, any of the OGs still hang around here other than Hellfire?

Light Buster
31st March 2017, 07:47 PM
1: Unfortunately not, but you can play your own music via Spotify or your HD. We think you will love our new soundtrack though, it’s proper awesome!

That is unfortunate. Zone was so good with custom soundtrack since the equalizer synchronized with them. Let us hope that they can update the game with it.

Disappointing they nixed the custom soundtrack feature. Why would they do that?!

Very likely due to PS4's lack of a built-in music player and/or copyright issues.

JABBERJAW
1st April 2017, 01:35 AM
Did anyone one else notice "improved framerate speed and smoothness" for the PS4 pro? I bet this will really matter in split screen. Looks like I'll buy another PS4 soon, and give my other one to my son. Red out is also coming out later this year, and that looks pretty decent, so we will be getting three futuristic racers in the same year. I'd like to see ballistic NG on it as well :) , or at least on the ps1/ps2. I still haven't been able to play the new version of it, just not enough money to get a computer.

Racingfan
1st April 2017, 01:03 PM
that's it, I'm done with the franchise lol

You can still use media player in ps4 so its better than nothing ;)

I uploaded the dynamic theme With HD's theme from PS3 Version using media player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkkMSUN8Fc

also this might be why they couldnt add it built in custom Music
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3vwrv5/the_reason_why_ps4_games_dont_have_custom_mp3/

Uploaded one With the theme Music too :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IhPLImMho

LOUDandPROUD
1st April 2017, 06:34 PM
Just found out about this Omega Collection today thanks to Cat (aka the stinkiest of the stinkers, stinkleroy :P ) I'm beyond stoked. So, in anticipation of the release, I wanted to pop in and say hi. Looking to catch up with old acquaintances and reminisce about the good ole days of Wipeout HD, ha ha. Met so many awesome folks through this game.

terra-wrists
1st April 2017, 06:44 PM
You can still use media player in ps4 so its better than nothing ;)

I uploaded the dynamic theme With HD's theme from PS3 Version using media player

also this might be why they couldnt add it built in custom Music
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3vwrv5/the_reason_why_ps4_games_dont_have_custom_mp3/

Uploaded one With the theme Music too :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IhPLImMho

i'm back in ;) :D

Mad-Ice
2nd April 2017, 04:57 PM
I couldn't agree more with TheFroste. WipEout really deserves a totally new game. However the Omega edition is injecting new fuel into the series especially with 2048 and racebox on the full screen.

I will organise the last European WipEout Convention this year in Amsterdam. I hope it will attract many old and new pilots.

Greetz Mad-Ice

OBH
3rd April 2017, 09:07 AM
A Playstation without Wipeout is like bacon without egg; decent but could be so much better.

Fingers crossed if this sells well it'll be the start of something new.

Racingfan
3rd April 2017, 01:48 PM
I eat bacon without egg ;)

hope so! i'll be pre ordering 2 EU disc Versions (1 to play 1 Sealed) 1 US Version, 1 asia ver if they do that, and steelbook... plus i pre ordered digital Version for dynamic theme ;)

UnleashSonic
4th April 2017, 12:31 AM
Haven't dropped in here for a while now, but wanted to say I'm stoked about this game! I suspect Sony will be looking closely at sales numbers to determine whether there's enough interest to warrant a new game in the future, so we all have to do our part! ;)

EDIT: People who expect other Pure/Pulse DLC tracks will be disappointed; this game is mostly a port/remaster and they wouldn't have the budget to remake old tracks.

keg_11
4th April 2017, 12:12 PM
@RacingFan Apart from actually pre-ordering, how did u get the dynamic theme. Was it an automatic download?

Racingfan
4th April 2017, 03:38 PM
Hi, i pre ordered it from the US store on ps4 to play it a day early ;) after payment was complete it gave me the option to download the theme... if u exit the screen without downloading it you cant download it again (it doesnt show in libary or anything) im sure sony will fix this soon

i seen some posts from people who bought the EU version and they didnt get the option to download it at all after payment was complete even tho it says you get the theme now in description

if you dislike the music that is being used in the theme then go to settings > sound & screen > turn off system music

@UnleashSonic

hopefully this game does well and they do some dlc track remakes... i would love to see gemini dam or some other hard tracks from pulse :)

Hybrid Divide
4th April 2017, 04:26 PM
Just got a Twitter reply asking Sony XDev about the Steelbook for the US version of the WipEout Omega Collection. Looks like the USA is getting screwed again... :brickwall

Looking like we'll only get the standard release here... He'll confirm later if the discs will be region free.

If so, anyone want to help me preorder an EU copy? (I can pay, of course. I'd assume I'd be sending money via PayPal?)

Thanks in advance!

multibodydynamics
4th April 2017, 05:26 PM
i seen some posts from people who bought the EU version and they didnt get the option to download it at all after payment was complete even tho it says you get the theme now in description

I asked customer support about it and it is only in US that you get the theme directly. We in Europe will get the theme when the game gets released.

Hybrid Divide
4th April 2017, 08:44 PM
Sony XDev have confirmed that the EU (steelbook) version of the game will be region free!

Just need to import it now...

Dawn_Fire_
4th April 2017, 10:25 PM
It's a bit vague, but the theme thing has happened with other games. Destiny is one i know of first hand, the theme will unlock for you when the game releases. It was exactly the same as this, advertised as been available after pre-order and then clarified a while later that only the U.S. get it immediately. kinda sucks if it's supposed to be an incentive to pre-order now and you don't get it! But that's that i suppose!

From what i can tell there are 4 versions of the game:

1. digital pre-order (comes with dynamic theme and van uber ship)
2. Steelbook edition (no idea what comes with this)
3. standard physical ps4 release
4. standard physical ps4 release pre-order with 4 bonus static themes.

In the UK, at least:
GAME is advertising the physical pre order with the 4 themes.
Amazon makes no mention of any pre order bonus.
ShopTo makes no mention of any pre order bonus.

*EDIT ShopTo have updated their page to include the four static theme pre-order bonus

Racingfan
4th April 2017, 11:27 PM
@Hybrid

Playstation games has been region free since PSP but if you want to use DLC on it then you must download it from the region the game came from

sucks that you don't get the theme till release in eu if u pre ordered it... glad i pre ordered it off us store. i love mine :D

hopefully steelbook is not gamestop exclusive in my country... easily the worst retailer, and they they don't ship :( so i might import it as well ;)

multibodydynamics
5th April 2017, 09:46 AM
From what i can tell there are 4 versions of the game:

1. digital pre-order (comes with dynamic theme and van uber ship)
2. Steelbook edition (no idea what comes with this)
3. standard physical ps4 release
4. standard physical ps4 release pre-order with 4 bonus static themes.

1. Available for all regions.
2. Pre-order. PAL only. Comes with 4 bonus static themes.
3. For all regions. After release.
4. Pre-order. For all regions outside PAL. Comes with 4 bonus static themes.

That's the info so far at least. If theme and Van-Uber ship can be bought separately after release, no clue.
Edit:
For all that wants the steelbook and don't have a EU PSN account:
The game will be playable but there might be problems if there are extra contents released from the PSN store so best is to go digital or standard released and import the steelbook only for collection purpose.

OBH
5th April 2017, 10:08 AM
Gutted to read split screen isn't online. That is almost unheard of with modern games.

I was looking forward to that 1/100 time that my brother might actually beat me. I'd have flown across the room and knock the sofa over to stop him :D

TheConzio
5th April 2017, 10:31 AM
The steelbook edition has been confirmed by EB Games here in Australia as a preorder bonus.

AdHoc
5th April 2017, 12:59 PM
I don’t know what a steelbook is, but it looks very pretty.

I think I’m going to buy the game, but not the PS4.

Yeah I like to do things differently.

Dawn_Fire_
5th April 2017, 03:33 PM
The steelbook edition has been confirmed by EB Games here in Australia as a preorder bonus.

Now that is some nice Artwork! I want that.

Hybrid Divide
5th April 2017, 05:54 PM
VERY nice looking steelbook.

Makes me even more disappointed that the USA is getting screwed out of the WipEout love YET AGAIN.

And they wonder why it won't sell well here!

It's bad enough that I'll have to get physical and digital to get all the bonus stuff. I just hope that the money convinces Sony to make a proper new entry into the series.

Knux_Chaotix
6th April 2017, 03:45 PM
Pre ordered my copy in GAME today. Still not sure whats happening with the steelbook over here, but I plan to have it!!!

fshylhx
6th April 2017, 05:59 PM
Anybody know where to pre order the steelbook version online?I don't see it on Amazon

terra-wrists
6th April 2017, 06:55 PM
OBH - it's the ACE here, give your bro my regards :)

Was it 2009 or 2010 when he showed me the double BR on Sol2 which you taught him - he showed me and I got the record in rapier online in that lol

Frankenstein moments hahaha

Bless

Peace

multibodydynamics
7th April 2017, 11:35 AM

This is the ONLY confirmation about the steelbook that I have seen so far. Australia is PAL-land which makes me think that Europe will get it but GameStop couldn't confirm anything either. This is strange. I will wait one more week but after that I'm gonna take the chance and pre-order without knowing what to get.

blackwiggle
7th April 2017, 04:29 PM
Look, if a problem for others to get this AUS Steel Box version [It will be UK/EURO compatible - as Aus uses the same UK based PStore ] , I'll order and pay for as many as I can afford, then sell them off to forum members without profit, just postage cost to whoever wants them.
It's AUS $54.95 here ATM....I'll drop in to my local EB games and order 15 copies, that's all I'm prepared to slash out for....first in first served if you want one....that's if I can get 15 copies....will find out tomorrow ..stay tuned.

JABBERJAW
7th April 2017, 07:06 PM
Don't think we are getting offline racebox where we can pick single race or time trial and then race for practice. Hopefully I am wrong

multibodydynamics
7th April 2017, 08:40 PM
I think I read somewhere that we will get the singleplayer campaign from 2048. Multiplayer will be new design. Hopefully they will add racebox also for 2048 tracks.

@blackwiggle Thanks! :p

Hybrid Divide
7th April 2017, 08:49 PM
I wonder if that Steelbook will look the same in all regions. Gods help my wallet if they all look different, and awesome.

Thanks, @Blackwiggle !

Racingfan
7th April 2017, 10:22 PM
They have confirmed 2048 racebox multiple times

"Each game has its own career mode, plus there’s a racebox mode which lets you tweak and customise your own races."

From blog

Important questions:
1) Is the custom soundtrack feature from HD still in?
2) Is the Racebox also available for 2048?

2: Yes yes and ….yes!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-gets-7th-june-release-date-first-details-on-the-soundtrack/

Online racebox is also confirmed
https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/847526879460458497

You can also play split screen on 2048 tracks.

JABBERJAW
8th April 2017, 02:20 AM
Racebox for single player was what I said. I know it's in multiplayer, which is awesome. But will we be able to pick tracks, select speed class, then play TT or single race in single player mode. TT Is the way a lot of people practice

blackwiggle
8th April 2017, 03:48 AM
I've found another retailer -JB HiFi [who has a shop directly beneath where I work] also has the Steel Box pre-order edition of the Omega Pack, so I'll have a chat with them on Monday
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/playstation-4/wipeout-omega-collection/331986/

Light Buster
8th April 2017, 07:37 AM
I mainly use Zone as my practice. It was one of the modes that made me play HD/Fury without Pilot Assist.

stin
8th April 2017, 02:39 PM
Mine is ordered for steel box edition! cannie wait!

stevie :)

Dawn_Fire_
8th April 2017, 04:18 PM
Further confirmation of the Racebox features...10651

Also, there is a LOT of love for the steelbook on NeoGaf too, they need to make this thing available!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=233524833

Rapier Racer
8th April 2017, 05:38 PM
Mine is ordered for steel box edition! cannie wait!

Where from Stevie? I've not been able to find the steel tin

Dawn_Fire_
8th April 2017, 07:23 PM
This months PlayStation mag has some dual shock light bar decals with it, a few Omega Collection ones, the games logo and some of the teams, the white part is clear so your controller lights up the logo's...

Hellfire_WZ
8th April 2017, 08:17 PM
Baaahhh, no Qirex decal! I'm disappointed! ;)

Dawn_Fire_
8th April 2017, 08:42 PM
Haha! I thought it was weird they skipped over one of the original 4!

keg_11
9th April 2017, 02:21 AM
Warning: Attachments are broken

stin
9th April 2017, 08:13 AM
Where from Stevie? I've not been able to find the steel tin

GAME, but you do need to ask behind the counter .

stevie ;)

Dawn_Fire_
9th April 2017, 01:36 PM
Warning: Attachments are broken

Fixed :)

scalliano
9th April 2017, 04:16 PM
Gutted at the lack of custom MP3 support. Zone mode just won't be the same without it :P

blackwiggle
9th April 2017, 09:26 PM
Baaahhh, no Qirex decal! I'm disappointed! ;)

I expect they will make all the rest available at the PStore.

As for the Steel box version, I've found one place is making them available to be picked up in store [preferred] and the other is only posting then out [I've had games stolen from my letterbox before, so that's not happening ]
So I'll go and order the copies for the people that asked me to today, from the store where I can pick them up.
I was going to order a heap of them, but feel I might get left with multiple copies if I do.

EDIT: OK, I have bought 3 copies of the Steel Box edition, one for Jabberjaw, one for Hybride Divide, and one for myself.
I asked if I had a requests from anybody else that wanted a copy, could I just come in and added it to this pre-order [as I've already payed in full for these ones], I was surprised when the guy behind the counter said 'Look, I let you order these three, but I can't order any more for you, as it's only supposed to be one per customer', he said I might be able to order via another store, but since it would still come up as the same name, it would probably ring alarm bells, and the orders might get cancelled, which is not something I would want to happen.

Racingfan
10th April 2017, 04:03 PM
Gutted at the lack of custom MP3 support. Zone mode just won't be the same without it :P

You can use media player app on ps4 to use mp3 soundtracks so its better than nothing

I did a video of the ps4 dynamic theme with the PS3 version of HD main menu music using media player

Hellfire_WZ
11th April 2017, 01:55 PM
XDEV confirm no cross play available with 2048 on Vita. No surprises there as mixing the campaign with a racebox would cause all manner of problems. No word yet on PS3 crossplay

Rapier Racer
11th April 2017, 03:56 PM
GAME, but you do need to ask behind the counter .

stevie ;)

Yeah I did that first time I went in, I even know the guy I ordered from. Went back a second time to check again, the chap pulled up the games they had for pre order on his pad there was only one SKU for Wipeout Omega so either all of GAME's copies are the steel tin version or none are and they have misinformed you, or your a lucky bastard and your store had it and for some reason mine doesn't lol I would find that a bit strange though.

stin
12th April 2017, 06:30 PM
lol, only way to find out when it's released. ;)

blackwiggle
13th April 2017, 04:04 PM
I wonder if the things that stopped working in HD after the first week of release will get fixed for the remaster, I'm talking about online in game chat and player identities shown around craft when racing.
In game chat could be a double edged sword if it were fixed, but the return of player identities would be cool.

scalliano
13th April 2017, 04:44 PM
You can use media player app on ps4 to use mp3 soundtracks so its better than nothing.

Visualizer wont sync up though, kind of spoils the vibe a bit.

Rapidkirby3k
14th April 2017, 11:23 PM
I'm excited, I came back to this forum because of this!

fshylhx
15th April 2017, 06:43 PM
Me,too~!

PureSpeed7
16th April 2017, 01:59 AM
@fshylhx same here. It just occurred to me how cringey my username is, and how many dumb things I said on this forum in the past. ANyway, it's good to see sony still has interest in wipeout. Hopefully they'll use it as a pilot to see if they want to make an all new game. Hopefully 2048 will have racebox now.

Racingfan
16th April 2017, 02:38 AM
Same here.

used to play a lot in 2015 then i took a long break... when omega collection was announced i came back :D

edit: will omega have a new forum? or will we just continue posting on hd/fury and 2048 forums?

TheConzio
16th April 2017, 04:02 AM
Hopefully they'll use it as a pilot to see if they want to make an all new game.

That's pretty much what their plan is as far as we know :)

Hellfire_WZ
16th April 2017, 10:17 AM
will omega have a new forum? or will we just continue posting on hd/fury and 2048 forums?

Yeah, I'll be setting up a new forum as more details of the game emerge and as we get closer to the release. For now it makes sense to keep discussion in one topic as there isn't much out there at the moment.

I've updated the first post in the topic with a list of details currently known

chalovak
17th April 2017, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know if the wipeout omega theme is available right after preorder in European PS Store? Cause I can't find this theme anywhere on my Playstation. Thx.

Kurlija
17th April 2017, 04:18 PM
I'd love it if they released Van-Über as DLC down the line. I'd prefer a physical copy and I really can't preorder both.

Sausehuhn
17th April 2017, 05:04 PM
Speaking of which, I don’t know if anybody already posted this, but here’s (https://static-de.gamestop.de/images/products/269771/7scrmax2.jpg) a picture of that Van Uber I just stumbled upon.

fshylhx
17th April 2017, 05:14 PM
Woah,that's really out of my imagination.I thought it would looks like Auricom prototype in 2048

Hellfire_WZ
17th April 2017, 06:28 PM
Well, that's a bit more angular than I was expecting! Judging by the FEISAR behind it that must be the Fury variant. Wonder if there's an HD model too

Dawn_Fire_
17th April 2017, 07:05 PM
Agreed, very angular. Hopefully the standard model is prettier and with more faithful colours. I was hoping for a nice HD version of this...

http://orig04.deviantart.net/1a94/f/2012/293/8/6/wipeout_fusion___van_uber_3d_model_by_fmheart-d5icubv.jpg

blackwiggle
17th April 2017, 10:57 PM
Dawn _Fire your attachment doesn't work.

I suspect they found that variant design to Van Uber among a bunch of other stuff we haven't seen when they were given access to the SL archive.

Rapidkirby3k
17th April 2017, 11:28 PM
Does anyone know if the wipeout omega theme is available right after preorder in European PS Store? Cause I can't find this theme anywhere on my Playstation. Thx.

I think it's a pre-order bonus, far as I recall.

Racingfan
18th April 2017, 12:28 AM
The dynamic theme is only available now if you pre order at US store

If you are pre-ordering the EU version you have to wait till release

also van uber in omega looks different from pure... so it must be a fury variant

is it confirmed that you can use van uber on 2048? or only on HD/fury?

dmcclusky1234
18th April 2017, 04:35 AM
If that's what Van-Uber should look like as a fury model, then WOW! Those Germans know how to make ships!

AdHoc
18th April 2017, 08:17 AM
Damn that Van Uber ship is sexy, love it!

Found here: https://www.gamestop.de/PS4/Games/43571

What’s Gamestop’s source?

Ghosts of Temtesh
18th April 2017, 09:12 AM
How do you think its stats will be? HD doesn't have a ship that combines good speed and acceleration. Do you think they tried it and realised it was OP or did they just not think about it?

JFthebestJan
18th April 2017, 02:28 PM
How do you think its stats will be? HD doesn't have a ship that combines good speed and acceleration...

i believe it won't combine excellent speed and acceleration, cause it's a dual frame chassis and as far as i know Van Uber is famous for its manoeuvrebility.

Ghosts of Temtesh
18th April 2017, 07:27 PM
I think Van Uber is a special type of triple-hulled ship that uses its main hull to generate lift and its secondary hulls to destabilize itself in order to turn. I have read it drifts a lot, that would explain why. Normally, ships with similar appearance are not very agile, there are exceptions though, such as Assegai.

Also teams sometimes change their stats, PS1 era Qirex was fast and heavy, but now it is more balanced, even though its design hasn't really changed since WO 2097.

Excuse me for getting slightly out of topic. That ship is cool. I don't think I will ever buy a PS4 (and we don't know if the ship will become available to everyone anyway) but I am excited. Too bad Van Uber is the only old team that can make a return.

Snakenator1
18th April 2017, 08:14 PM
Hmm I'm personally not a fan of the design as its too flat for my liking. To me it looks more like a Rebull soapbox racer rather than something that belongs in wipeout (imo). But perhaps there will be a HD variant that will retain a similar design seen in Fusion?

Hybrid Divide
18th April 2017, 09:23 PM
I'd love to hear some bits in the lore about how Van-Uber got back into AG racing!

blackwiggle
19th April 2017, 06:26 AM
Although the list of trophies for the Omega pack are not yet made available, according to a poster at the PStrophies site they asked at the blog and were told that there will be One Platinum, and the rest of the trophies will be made up of different achievements over the three games.
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5949395-post1.html

I'm kind of expecting them to make the trophy list longer, with lots of easily achieved Bronze trophies, and remove what are considered the hardest ones like Zone Zeus , Beat Zico, Airbraker etc...maybe replace them with more Online orientated trophies, like get a certain amount of online Medals, or a certain group of 5 or 10 of them.....stuff like that

keg_11
19th April 2017, 09:06 AM
Bad news: the Van-Uber pick isn't there anymore. Must've been a mistake on behalf of the website as the image is now a fairly generic Sol 2 shot. :(

I hope someone saved it!!

Sausehuhn
19th April 2017, 11:28 AM
Huh! Luckily I went by my gut feelings and backed it up :P

AdHoc
19th April 2017, 02:24 PM
How could it be a mistake by the website? It looks like a stock image showing the HD Feisar next to what would then be an HD Van Über. They didn’t create it out of thin air.

nu9get
19th April 2017, 05:45 PM
these are fury ships, not HD

Dawn_Fire_
19th April 2017, 07:27 PM
The Van Uber pic is still on the ShopTo site as well, so i think it's safe to say it's official. Not a fan of that particular design myself, looks nothing like Van Uber from Fusion or Pure at all really. Hopefully there's some variations and anyway i'm always ok with there been more choices in the game :)

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4WI23-wipeout-omega-collection

KazzyMac
19th April 2017, 08:46 PM
I dunno, it looks pretty cool.

I was never really a fan of the Van Uber ship designs, they always looked a little gainly and strange compared to the other ships, much like how I despise the appearance of the Mirage ship in HD (The Fury one is pretty baller though).

But that one actually looks pretty racy and looks like it fits with the rest of the HD/Fury crew. Will be interesting to see if it's competitive though, heh.

Ghosts of Temtesh
19th April 2017, 09:04 PM
Comparing the two versions of 2048, I think the original has better lighting. Strange, I hope we can get gameplay videos.

nu9get
19th April 2017, 09:06 PM
yes, it's official

DarkRacer95
19th April 2017, 11:29 PM
That Van-Uber pick is of the Fury variant. It has a red afterburner trail. So that means two versions confirmed. XD

Racingfan
20th April 2017, 12:20 AM
some other things thats been confirmed thats not in first post, and some unconfirmed at the moment in 1 list (i may have forgotten some)

confirmed:

Ps4 pro downsampling support for 1080p users "PS4 Pro Downsampling? Hell yes!!" - John from XDEV https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-gets-7th-june-release-date-first-details-on-the-soundtrack/
most or all? soundtracks from ps3 and vita is replaced by new ones (licensing issues)
Leaderboards is back in omega, and possibly online leaderboards for 2048 too. https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-gets-7th-june-release-date-first-details-on-the-soundtrack/
You cant use 2048 ships in hd fury and vice versa. "2048 ships can only be used on 2048 tracks and vice versa for HD/Fury. The reason for this is the handling of the ships are very different and designed for the tracks specifically." https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-gets-7th-june-release-date-first-details-on-the-soundtrack/

Custom soundtracks from HD/Fury is removed (sony policy) http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/11/29/tekken-7-tekken-tunes-on-ps4-would-require-a-system-update-and-policy-change-negotiations-not-easy/
Fury main menu background is removed (why?!??!?!?!) https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-gets-7th-june-release-date-first-details-on-the-soundtrack/
WipEout omega collection will have 1 trophy list and it will be a mix from hd/fury/2048 into one list. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-coming-to-ps4-on-june-6th/
2048's intro is not in omega collection. https://twitter.com/jonnymack74/status/832959542493376515

Not confirmed at the moment:

Online leveling up system/Badge system from HD/Fury
Van uber playable in 2048 tracks
Leveling system from 2048
2097/wip3out HUD from hd/fury
Online campaign mode from 2048

Also someone posted on us blog asking about 2048 racebox, and john said all modes is in the racebox(A+ time trial etc etc etc) and maybe change options with weapon restriction) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-coming-to-ps4-on-june-6th/ (look at last posts in comment)

I really hope he also means weapon restriction is in racebox as well, i would turn off mines/bombs/quakes ;)

2048 online had some modes with weapon restriction but those would very rarely show up.. and they're only 1 lap :(

Although the list of trophies for the Omega pack are not yet made available, according to a poster at the PStrophies site they asked at the blog and were told that there will be One Platinum, and the rest of the trophies will be made up of different achievements over the three games.
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5949395-post1.html

I'm kind of expecting them to make the trophy list longer, with lots of easily achieved Bronze trophies, and remove what are considered the hardest ones like Zone Zeus , Beat Zico, Airbraker etc...maybe replace them with more Online orientated trophies, like get a certain amount of online Medals, or a certain group of 5 or 10 of them.....stuff like that

If they replace some then i hope online trophies is removed from it... not really a fan of them, especially bling brigade... I would like to see a fury elite trophy, and elite pass every 2048 event (including A+)

edit: DJ kentaro is in omega collection as well https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/wipeout-omega-collection/cid=EP9000-CUSA05670_00-WIPEOUTPREORDPSN?smcid=pdc:gb-en:pdc-buy-playstation-store:shop-now:null:STORE-MSF75508-EASTSALE17
edit2: according to play asia, wipEout will have a asia version of Omega collection http://www.play-asia.com/wipeout-omega-collection-english-chinese-subs/13/70b3ur
that be the 5th time i buy omega collection now... my poor wallet :(

blackwiggle
20th April 2017, 06:31 AM
If they replace some then i hope online trophies is removed from it... not really a fan of them, especially bling brigade... I would like to see a fury elite trophy, and elite pass every 2048 event (including A+)

edit: DJ kentaro is in omega collection as well https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/wipeout-omega-collection/cid=EP9000-CUSA05670_00-WIPEOUTPREORDPSN?smcid=pdc:gb-en:pdc-buy-playstation-store:shop-now:null:STORE-MSF75508-EASTSALE17
edit2: according to play asia, wipEout will have a asia version of Omega collection http://www.play-asia.com/wipeout-omega-collection-english-chinese-subs/13/70b3ur
that be the 5th time i buy omega collection now... my poor wallet :(

I think there will be more online trophies than HD/FURY only because the amount of trophies from 2048 that were online orientated.
The way PS game trophies work is that ever game that is a Platinum title, has a exact amount of points that make up to a know total, so say a full Platinum game has a total of 500 points, the game designer can allocate those points anyway they wish, as long as the total comes to 500.
For instance- Bronze trophies might be worth 20 points, Silver 50, Gold 75, Platinum 100 [In actuality they are all probabley worth less than that] - the total trophies could be 1X Plat - 2 X Gold, 3 X Silver and 5 bronze to make up the 500 points.

Anyway my point being, since HD had so many Gold & Silver trophies, and Fury trophies were previously a separate add on trophy list, and now we have 2048's are being mixed in to make up the single Omega pack trophy list, a lot of the High value Gold trophies are going to have to go to make room for the others, which means things like Beat Zico , Zone Zeus maybe Arcade Perfect etc

As for Bling Brigade, I think if they did include it, getting it on the PS4 would be a lot easier than the mucking about needed on the PS3, if only because you can set up 'Groups ' on the PS4, one especially for BB could easily be made

Hellfire_WZ
20th April 2017, 07:19 AM
@Racingfan - Thanks, I'll update the front page later on

Racingfan
20th April 2017, 07:46 AM
Anyway my point being, since HD had so many Gold & Silver trophies, and Fury trophies were previously a separate add on trophy list, and now we have 2048's are being mixed in to make up the single Omega pack trophy list, a lot of the High value Gold trophies are going to have to go to make room for the others, which means things like Beat Zico , Zone Zeus maybe Arcade Perfect etc

They can always change the trophy values to bronze though. Rise of tomb raider ps4 main list has trophies 64 bronze, 1 gold and 1 platinum) it also have 50 trophies as DLC.
But yeah, even if they copy all HD/fury trophies, they can add 15-17 extra trophies on the list required for platinum so they have to remove 13-15 trophies from 2048 if they did that or make those trophies act as a dlc list.

i think each DLC list has a minimum of 200 or 300 points

chalovak
20th April 2017, 02:10 PM
It is funny that Van-Uber ship has FX400 logo on its side, although this team never appeared in WipEout Pulse.

Revo
20th April 2017, 03:26 PM
I remember one of Feisar ships on 2048 (at least on a cover) to have that template too. Probably just time saving thing-something had to be put there, and there was no time to design some sponsor logo that would fit, so they just easily used FX400 RL logo. Probably only enthusiasts like us recognize things like these so... It actually doesn't degrade games value, at least for normal player.

blackwiggle
20th April 2017, 10:42 PM
They can always change the trophy values to bronze though. Rise of tomb raider ps4 main list has trophies 64 bronze, 1 gold and 1 platinum) it also have 50 trophies as DLC.
But yeah, even if they copy all HD/fury trophies, they can add 15-17 extra trophies on the list required for platinum so they have to remove 13-15 trophies from 2048 if they did that or make those trophies act as a dlc list.

i think each DLC list has a minimum of 200 or 300 points

I think if they changed the value of trophies like Beat Zico, Zone Zeus etc to Bronze,or even Silver, then they would go down as the toughest Bronze/Silver trophies in any Playstation game.
From what I'm reading at the PStropies forum, I doubt many trophy hunters are going to even contemplate getting the Omega Pack, most have deemed it too hard, even though nobody yet knows what the trophies will be.

Racingfan
21st April 2017, 12:35 AM
Nah, would probably be in top 50 in hardest/longest bronze/silver trophies, some games like raiden iv 1 credit clear on the lower difficulties is x100 harder than zico/zeus, and its only a bronze and silver (hardest difficulty is a gold though) and any pinball games which has mostly bronze/silvers is much harder than wipEout. Zone zeus isnt really hard anymore either,and if its back, and if it works on sol in 2048, it be even easier than syncopia

yeah trophy communities dont like it being hard and may skip the whole game because of a trophy like zone zeus :(

i remember when need for speed (which has a super easy platinum) released the prestige DLC, it made the 100% hard then people started complaining at ea demanding it to be easy...its not really hard anyway its a bit easier than wipEout's difficulty imo.... they never nerfed the requirements btw.

Oh and that trophy is also a bronze :lol

trophy list will most likely show on trophy sites a week before release like most games... but it may appear a month before release as well, but thats rare

one thing i dont think xdev has confirmed is... if you can play detonator/zone battle on 2048 tracks... that would be really cool to see but doubt it ;(

It is funny that Van-Uber ship has FX400 logo on its side, although this team never appeared in WipEout Pulse.

haha didn't notice that :lol

Ghosts of Temtesh
23rd April 2017, 05:07 PM
I remember one of Feisar ships on 2048 (at least on a cover) to have that template too. Probably just time saving thing-something had to be put there, and there was no time to design some sponsor logo that would fit, so they just easily used FX400 RL logo. Probably only enthusiasts like us recognize things like these so... It actually doesn't degrade games value, at least for normal player.

What if this is an easter egg?

About Van Uber, I think we should wait until we see what the HD ship looks like. It may be the FX300 model which exists anyway. If it is, maybe they stopped racing because of regulation changes. (but that's just a theory, and possibly a reason to never take me seriously, lol)
Also, do you think the game will have the Syncopia glitch?

JFthebestJan
23rd April 2017, 06:42 PM
...do you think the game will have the Syncopia glitch?

i think so. hopefully it'll 'feature' new glitches as well, like playing 2048 tracks with hd/fury ships and vice versa...

Ghosts of Temtesh
23rd April 2017, 07:31 PM
Despite its name I don't think it is possible for a game to do something like that on its own, so it's probably just a secret track.
If the game can be modded someone will try it. I don't know what will happen to the leaderboards though. This might be a bad idea...

Racingfan
25th April 2017, 11:53 AM
nah maybe SL planned to release those zone tracks on other modes than zone, but they scapped the idea and left it there unfinished. vita version removed the track from races, so the game will crash when loading it now from cross play.
i bet the other 3 zone tracks do exist on sl/tt but no one has found a glitch to access them... but they do have leaderboards on tt and sl, but sadly nobody is on those leaderboards

dlc idea for omega :hint:hint ;)

JFthebestJan
25th April 2017, 12:06 PM
if they really doing dlc stuff for omega, they should focus on all the tracks from pure/pulse in the first place...

blackwiggle
25th April 2017, 10:48 PM
Bottom line is, Sony is still calling the shots.
For all we know there could be other tracks for 2048 already partially built in among the SL archives, if any new Wipeout content were to emerge, I imagine it would be for the 2048 craft handling.

I doubt SL were working on any other HD/FURY tracks [conversions from Pure / Pulse] as HD whole reason for being was to be the first download only game at the PStore, and as such would of had a file size limit/target imposed on it before work was begun.

If anything new were to appear, I think Sony would be wanting to do something radical with a new Wipeout, as it has tended to do so with previous releases over the years.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next new Wipeout [Inevitable now that Sony has proven that it hasn't forgotten the franchise] would be VR compatible, just to help bolster VR headset sales, which I think have stalled [I certainly don't see people on my friends list that I know have VR headsets ever using them since they first bought them], I don't know about the UK or USA, but here in Australia, I'm no longer seeing VR demonstrations being made available for people to try, it's as if the whole VR thing has already run it's course and has been relegated to history.

Racingfan
26th April 2017, 07:21 AM
Steelbook is now available for pre order on game (uk)
http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2?msg=&searchCount=1&showResultsPage=true&predictiveSearchURL=&beginIndex=0&langId=44&productId=1867801&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=48&resultCatEntryType=2&pageView=image&searchBtn=z&searchTerm=wipeout+omega&catalogId=10201&DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true&storeId=10151&ddkey=http:AjaxCatalogSearch

and on shopto.net http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4WI23-wipeout-omega-collection-steelbook-edition

shop to's shipping costs 3 pounds to scandinavia... i wanted two, but they didnt offer multiple games in 1 package so i would need to pay shipping twice :(
so i ordered off game... shipping is only 2.95 to scandinavia
i also checked the shipping price for you american WO fans, its only 4.95 pounds if you order from game.co.uk so it be 34.94 pounds overall for steelbook release.

edit: shop to will take your money when the game is shipped, same with game

blackwiggle
26th April 2017, 11:26 AM
Problem might be, and I am loathed to mention it since I have pre paid for two Steelbox copies for USA forum mates.

The Steelbox version would be PAL region, not NTSC., and subsequently 'MIGHT' not work with USA based NTSC PS4 units....why in this age of Plasma/LCD and LED /OLED technology that CRT screen refresh rate is still a cause for this, a now defunct technical issue, is beyond me.

chalovak
26th April 2017, 12:56 PM
blackwiggle Modern consoles care little about the region of your game and the type of TV you're using (unless it's a veeeery old tv). So your PAL WipEout (pun intended) will behave perfectly well on your NTSC PS4. The only thing is DLC, if there are any: you'll need to register a European PSN account and purchase this DLC in European PlayStation Store, DLC from American store won't work. That's the only inconvenience you have to deal with.

Racingfan
26th April 2017, 01:30 PM
Yeah like chalovak said you can play any ps4 game from any region without any issue... but dlc you must buy it from the region the game is from.

you can even play yakuza 6 which is only available in japan and only japanese subtitles without any issues on a "pal" ps4

i dont think you can use old tv without hdmi support on ps4 anyway

playstation has been region free since the psp.

Sausehuhn
26th April 2017, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Just pre-ordered from shopto as I couldn’t find the steelbook anywhere in Germany. All I need is a good PS4 deal now :D

Hybrid Divide
26th April 2017, 09:56 PM
@Blackwiggle
No worries man. Sony XDev already confirmed that the discs are region free! :D

blackwiggle
27th April 2017, 07:18 AM
Well I'm glad to hear that, I have had enough of Sony's idiosyncratic way with various pieces of kits jumping through hoops procedure with software updates, DRM and region coding over the years.

Hybrid Divide
27th April 2017, 03:47 PM
It isn't an entirely happy tale. The disc may be region free. But the download codes for the exclusive themes, according to Xdev, are tied to the European PSN store. So I'll ALSO have to preorder the US version of the game to get those. AS WELL AS the digital version to get that content.

It's irksome, really.

Racingfan
27th April 2017, 05:21 PM
For the exclusive themes, just use a EU account and download it from there. only avatars are tied to 1 account and some dlcs (the crew and street fighter v as i know) i use the omega dynamic theme from US store on my norwegian account no problem

Racingfan
28th April 2017, 09:51 AM
Steelbook is available on amazon and its only 9.99 pounds https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716D5P39/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493372996&sr=8-3&keywords=wipeout+omega+collection+steelbook

this is a price error so theres a chance your order may be canceled

another retailer in UK thats offering steelbook

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/wipeout-omega-collection

Sausehuhn
28th April 2017, 10:28 AM
Just stumbled upon this „offer“ by accident as well. Fingers crossed! Is there a limited time frame to cancel a pre-order at shopto.net? I don’t want to cancel it right now just to be save.

Racingfan
28th April 2017, 10:33 AM
yes in EU you can cancel pre orders.

i think they will fix it and cancel the order or ask you to pay 29.99 instead... but idk never bought a item with a price error before

edit: this bundle is also a error https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0727QZX72/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1493368203&sr=1-2&keywords=wipeout+omega+collection+steelbook

but it doesnt ship to anywhere... same with uk lol

Cipher
28th April 2017, 03:44 PM
FYI, the standalone steelbook is most likely exactly that, the steelbook on its own, no game or anything.
With my Borderlands 2 ULCE, the steelbook also came separately, and you could move your game disc (which was just the normal retail box) to the steelbook if you so desired

Bundle does seem broken though :p

Sausehuhn
28th April 2017, 06:02 PM
Well you seem to be right. Just recently someone told me you would get the normal version plus steelbook with certain games, but I would have never thougt one could get it even without the game. That’s what special editions have become …

Racingfan
29th April 2017, 08:19 AM
lol ultimate troll by XDEV :lol but its probably true, if it was a error it be fixed by now... so the steelbook may not come without anything
some collector editions come without the game itself nowadays, but never heard it happening with steelbooks before

anyway possibly that xdev is teasing fusion/pulse through ps2 emulator on ps4?

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/857881952191381505 "we have even more wipEout surprises in the coming weeks" in gif it shows a dual shock 2, pulse on ps4 would be amazing...... if they fix the issues from ps2 version.

xdev is doing another giveaway again next week

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/858020384054149122

AdHoc
29th April 2017, 10:06 AM
wtf.
The Steelbook doesn’t have the game? Are they fricking serious?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png

keg_11
29th April 2017, 02:32 PM
Actually, thinking about it, it's the same deal as GTA V when it came to the steelbook. I got the game and the steelbook separately. Pointless, I know.

Rapier Racer
29th April 2017, 03:15 PM
Game.co.uk all pre orders get the game, 4 free themes plus the steelbook for £29.99.

How can anyone think you would get a copy of the game and the steelbook for 9.99 lol XD an empty box is just reward for such stupidity

multibodydynamics
30th April 2017, 12:54 PM
1st of May tomorrow! Time flies. I wonder if the final version is being played by testers now? Testing a few weeks, getting final version approved, a few weeks for manufacturing and finally a few weeks for global shipping prior released date. Not much time left now! :)

Hybrid Divide
1st May 2017, 04:11 PM
Actually, I kinda like that the Steelbook is being sold on its own. Makes it easier for those of us who have to import.

@blackwiggle
Did you already pay for your steelbook preorders?

XxSuperRyugaxX
2nd May 2017, 09:11 AM
I've noticed that in the soundtrack there will be also " Orbital - Petrol " .

Does someone know if it is the original one ( that I still love a lot ) of the remixed one from 2048? The remixed one is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6f0j9JP-4g

I think the remixed one fits more for WipEout races. I noticed that some tracks from 2048 are coming so just wondering. No custom soundtrack tho.. aww!
Anyway can't wait to get this game. I hope to see you all there!

Racingfan
2nd May 2017, 11:44 AM
wipEout omega collection is now gold :)
https://twitter.com/sonyxdeveurope/status/859363178559533056

Can't wait! only 1 month to go!

AdHoc
2nd May 2017, 12:59 PM
Sony XDev Europe Teases Wipeout Surprises ‘In The Coming Weeks’

With the Wipeout Omega Collection coming to the PS4 soon, Sony XDev have decided to tease something major. Apparently, June 7 is Wipeout Wednesday, so we can expect to hear big news about the series’ future. Fans haven’t gotten a new game in the series for some time, so the news should be big for fans.

Sony XDev tweeted out the news recently, which has gotten plenty of attention from fans in the Twitter-verse. The developers didn’t reveal much else, aside from the June 7 announcement, so players will have to wait a while. Until then, players should consider picking up the Omega Collection coming to the PS4 on June 6, which should be fun.

A New Wipeout Game?

Since the announcement is happening after the release of the Wipeout Omega Collection in US and Asia, fans are hoping it’s a new game. The PSOne games were loved by a number of fans, as were the sequels on the PS2 and PS3. Having a new game on PS4 would be great, since the series has only appeared in Sony’s gaming consoles. Additionally, Sony XDev Europe also teased back in February that they’re working on unannounced games, so this “surprise” could be it. In April, the studio teased on Twitter that they showed some “secret stuff” to Sony boss Shuhei Yoshida.

Until then, the enhanced version of previous games should entertain fans for sometime, even if a new game isn’t announced. The games futuristic visuals lend themselves to the HD treatment, so the collection should be a pretty one. We haven’t had a futuristic racing game in quite sometime, so the collection can also entertain newer fans.

Additionally, the new surprising “in the coming weeks” could potentially be new features for the Omega Collection. For all we know, it could be PlayStation VR support or other neat features.

Has Time Wiped It out?

Sales for the Wipeout Omega Collection will probably determine the future of the series, unless they’re already working on it. Publishers tend to release collections of HD games to get fans hyped up for a new installment in the series. God of War 3 Remastered is a solid example, since the PS4-only sequel was announced a year or so after.

It will be interesting to see if a new game does well enough to stay relevant, since the original developer of Wipeout, Sony Studio Liverpool, has already closed its doors in 2012. Also, there wasn’t a high demand for more Wipeout games. The fact that fans are reacting to the collection and the aforementioned news means there’s an audience for it. Now all fans have to do is wait a month for the news, whatever the surprise ends up being.

Fans can get the Wipeout Omega Collection on June 6 for the PS4 in North America and June 7 in Europe. This collects Wipeout HD, Wipeout HD Fury and Wipeout 2048, which came out on the PS3 and PS Vita originally.

https://www.thebitbag.com/wipeout-omega-collection-surprise/234848

Remember everyone, June 7th is #wipeoutwednesday We'll have even more wipeout surprises in the coming weeks

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/857881952191381505

Dawn_Fire_
2nd May 2017, 01:48 PM
As hopeful as i am about a new game, or classic tracks DLC, i read that message as just more stuff to announce about Omega itself, like the reveal of the soundtrack. The official reveal of the Van Uber ship. (PICS, for the love of god pics please!) and probably the giveaway stuff. That sort of thing.

Any of which is good stuff, to be honest. :)

Also, the game going gold is great news. Good job to everyone working on it, thanks for bringing my favourite gaming series back to life!

blackwiggle
2nd May 2017, 02:41 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up with any Hype coming from anything Sony related.....crikey, I thought we would have all been sucked in by that before and been left disappointed.

They might announce that they intend to release some DLC for the 2048 portion of the OMEGA pack just to keep interest high about what is basically rehashed content, and probably that the new 2048 DLC will be VR headset compatible.....more to save money testing the waters with it rather than forking out the money for a whole new game.

It's what Sony has always used Wipeout for, selling it's latest gimmick / tech.

I doubt we will ever see any 'New Old Tracks' from previous Wipeouts made with the HD/FURY craft handling, if any of the old tracks were to be remade, it would be with 2048 handling and craft in mind.

Anyway, whatever it turns out to be, at least we can be sure it will be for the PS4 and not a handheld.....unless a replacement for the VITA is on the cards, which I sincerely doubt, I think we have seen the last of those.

Racingfan
2nd May 2017, 04:15 PM
i really hope the surprises are

fusion/pulse ps2 versions on ps4 (maybe the dualshock 2 GIF in the tweet is hinting to those too)
reveal of all soundtracks, and orbital added
2048 tracks playable in reverse (i wish)

as for possibly new wipEout game i hope so

multibodydynamics
2nd May 2017, 07:25 PM
I think the surprises will be giveaways, which is awesome of course. We all want new content but the only content that MIGHT be possible would be reverse versions of 2048 tracks but I seriously doubt it. I'm very curious about the trophy list. That is probably the closest we will get to new content. I must admit that the trophies for 2048 were fairly uninspiring so there is room for improvement for those I guess.

blackwiggle
2nd May 2017, 11:09 PM
There were reports a few years back that Fusion was slated for remastering, as there was a thread started by Sony at the Playstation Forums asking people which PS2 titles they would like to see remastered, and Fusion got what seemed enough votes to qualify.

As for the trophy list, since the list will be made up of trophies from all three games, and trophies are decided on a point system to always come to the same amount for a Platinum title, I expect a lot of the old Gold trophies and most of the Silver trophies to have been removed from HD/FURY/2048, and turn it into one of those games with a lot of Bronze trophies spread out over the three titles.

mkozjak
3rd May 2017, 01:37 PM
Wait, ALL HD/Fury tracks will be available! I'll finally be able to play those. Yeah!!!!

AdHoc
3rd May 2017, 10:23 PM
WipEout Omega Collection beta starts tomorrow, file size confirmed
Surprise! A secret WipEout Omega Collection beta begins tomorrow and runs over the weekend prior to its release in June. The file size has also been confirmed.

A WipEout Omega Collection beta starts tomorrow, May 4, but only for those who have been invited.

A selection of invited gamers from the private beta community have received their emails from Sony confirming that they’ll be racing around the sci-fi tracks on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday with 1.5 hours of gameplay per day.

The WipEout Omega Collection file size is 23GB, and beta players are getting access to the full campaign apparently, though it’s possible the final version may be larger following updates after the beta.

If you didn’t get an invite, you’re out of luck. If your name’s not down, you’re not coming in.

The WipEout Omega Collection brings together all of the anti-gravity racing track and ship content from WipEout HD, Fury, and 2048. The release date is set for June 7, 2017.

http://www.psu.com/news/32877/wipeout-omega-collection-beta-

Racingfan
4th May 2017, 04:41 AM
OMG I can't wai....

"but only for those who have been invited"

aww ;( so i gues private beta community is those who tests firmware updates yes? didn't get anything sadly

if you have a spare code, could i have it please? :)

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 05:50 AM
I think only one, possibly two forum members have been given the invite [No , I'm not one of them ] I'm guessing it's to test the online boards and if they are working in all modes.
Since the game has gone Gold, it means the only real tweaking that can be done now is to the servers.

Racingfan
4th May 2017, 05:58 AM
thanks wiggle

those who got it

Can you livestream the beta? or is it NDA?

yawnstretch
4th May 2017, 06:01 AM
I am available for the beta if someone can arrange an invite. I've a ps4 pro and fibre Internet.

I can also do an NDA.

TheConzio
4th May 2017, 06:03 AM
Since the game has gone Gold, it means the only real tweaking that can be done now is to the servers.

What does Gold mean?

Racingfan
4th May 2017, 06:07 AM
Final code is complete and ready to be manufactured on disc

EDIT: Beta is confirmed NDA

Hellfire_WZ
4th May 2017, 09:57 AM
Looks like it's for those who are registered with the private beta testing programme with Sony. I don't think it's been open to new applicants for a while.

For the record, I'm not in it.

scalliano
4th May 2017, 12:01 PM
There were reports a few years back that Fusion was slated for remastering, as there was a thread started by Sony at the Playstation Forums asking people which PS2 titles they would like to see remastered, and Fusion got what seemed enough votes to qualify.

As for the trophy list, since the list will be made up of trophies from all three games, and trophies are decided on a point system to always come to the same amount for a Platinum title, I expect a lot of the old Gold trophies and most of the Silver trophies to have been removed from HD/FURY/2048, and turn it into one of those games with a lot of Bronze trophies spread out over the three titles.

I admit that this is very much wishful thinking, but given that 2048 was a reboot, if we were to get another remaster, it would be ace to see a HD remake of the Fifth-gen games. I say "Fifth-gen" because I'm including 64 in among those (they could rename it 2098 or something). This would be a logical follow-on from 2048. Unlikely, but I can dream, can't i? :P

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 01:35 PM
YEP, I just looked on my friends list and have seen my AUS based mate DINGDONGDANG is playing the Omega pack BETA now [he's a major bug buster for LBP and other games.... pretty sure he works for Sony in some capacity, I've never asked ]
I thought forum member Dark Twisted might of been on the Beta test as well, but since he's in NZ and it's 11.30pm here ATM, I guess he's already gone to bed, as it would be around 1.00am where he is now.

I've asked DINGDONGDANG what he's testing, he's yet to reply.
What do people want to know?
EDIT: I just saw that racingfan posted that there was a NDA with this Beta...bummer, I'll still try to find out some stuff.

Racingfan
4th May 2017, 01:39 PM
If possible, ask what HUD it uses when playing 2048... i really wonder if it still uses the 2048 hud or they let you use hd HUD now
If theres online in beta ask if there is a leveling system/badge system from HD

thanks

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 01:48 PM
OK, I think they were only supposed to be testing for a few hours tonight, if so I think he might just shut down when he has finished and go to bed, which I was about to do when I noticed he was playing it.
I doubt he will answer any questions tonight, but keep the questions coming and I'll message him when I get home from work tomorrow and try to get some answers.

Arrgh, I just remembered DINGDONGDANG also Beta tested Sony's VR headset......I wonder if what they are testing might be something to do with the surprise announcement on Wipeout Day June 7th....it sort of makes sense really.... if it is wipeout VR DLC, I doubt he would tell me [due to NDA] but now I REALLY suspect it is.

multibodydynamics
4th May 2017, 01:50 PM
I hope they fix the badge system. It was nice but felt buggy.

Racingfan
4th May 2017, 02:12 PM
tigron coming to omega? and possibly collectors edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mf1DBwr2o
"Anyone recognise this ship? Stay tuned to the blog for more details..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFxBXTEcw8

edit:
look at 2:01 and look at the description

tigron stats are 100 speed, 75 thrust, 70 shield and 70 handling

blog post for tigron

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/05/04/heres-your-first-look-at-wipeout-omega-collections-new-ship-the-tigron-k-vsr/

looking at the picture... theres no fury variant? the fury selections are all blank for two ships... i guess the other one is van uber so.... yeah

Hellfire_WZ
4th May 2017, 03:30 PM
Well, that's my lore video f***ed :lol

Ace3000
4th May 2017, 03:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing XD

scalliano
4th May 2017, 03:48 PM
Confirmed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1kWR85vPYk

And yeah, I thought that too.

Racingfan
4th May 2017, 03:49 PM
If theres one more ship to be announced then i bet it's g tech :lol

Knux_Chaotix
4th May 2017, 03:52 PM
Beyond excited for this!! Tigron!!! June cannot come quick enough!!!

Hybrid Divide
4th May 2017, 03:52 PM
Any lore theories on how this could be possible? Silly as it sounds, this is important to me! :lol

Sorry about your video, Charlie. That was the first thing I thought of, too!

ThoughtfulSystem_95
4th May 2017, 04:13 PM
My first thought was, "What!? That is so cool!"

I'll be honest, I didn't think it would happen. Now, I wonder if the lore would explain both Tigron and Van-Uber's return to AG racing.

TheConzio
4th May 2017, 04:41 PM
Interesting

scalliano
4th May 2017, 05:09 PM
I have to be honest, I'm not against the idea of Omega being non-canon and allowing all the teams from the entire serise to be included in some form, but the sheer amont of detail the boxart for that little magnetic model goes into, even going so far as to include Tigron's trademark arrogance, strikes me as something more of a retcon. Not sure how I feel about that, TBH.

But, if this is the direction they're taking, we might as well have a G-Tech ship for good measure. On the other hand, having EG-R and Xios might be trickier to explain away.

hmetal2001
4th May 2017, 05:18 PM
If we're heading this way, why not have teams like Icaras, Van-Über, Mirage, and other newer teams have ships in 2048 mode?

EDIT: Tigron could relocate to Belarus.

Hellfire_WZ
4th May 2017, 06:25 PM
Wow, they have actually given a bit of the lore to explain its reappearance! Apparently, the company has not been resurrected, the K-VSR was the very last craft developed by Tigron before the F9000 collapse. The machine is a refurbished relic that can be "hired out" to those with the right money and contacts. It's given in a passage on the back of the box that the magnetic model came in. Give me a minute and I'll post it

*Should add that I don't own one, someone did an unboxing on YouTube and showed the back of the box ;)

Snakenator1
4th May 2017, 06:25 PM
Well, that's my lore video f***ed :lol

I'm pretty sure the videos was f***ed when Van uber was announced ;)
The design of the new Tigron looks similar to Triakis with it being a triple hull design. Anybody else agree??

EDIT: Also more pictures of the new craft! https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/860155075108503553

Hellfire_WZ
4th May 2017, 06:32 PM
Right, here we go. My lore video lives on as this fits in nicely! :)

The Tigron K-VSR appeared very late in the Tigron timeline and came under immediate scrutiny due to both its high performance and a layout that betrayed the design principles of their earlier craft. Competing technical designers began suggesting that the propulsion system couldn't possibly fuel the four visible thrusters without breaching capacity regulations and the hull's structure semeed to be built with the intention of aiding illegal ramming techniques. An investigation was started with the team's lead engineering representative appearing at the initial hearing, but the proceedings didn't last long.

"Where I come from we have a saying: you cannot feed your hunger by staring at another man's plate - jealousy will only see you starve. So take a good look at the Qirex assets we acquired. Take a good look at the K-VSR... and then take a good look at yourselves." Tigron Chief Engineer

With that statement he launched a pair of popular, branded digital spectacles at the board members and stormed out. The imminent corruption scandal that eventually brought down Tigron ensured the investigation never reached a decision. All assets and paperwork vanished but that didn't stop the short-lived K-VSR from becoming a cult favourite and a sought-after relic. Rumours still cross the underground datacasts suggesting that for the right money and with the right contacts you can fly an original chassis that was smuggled out of the factory during the collapse. For even more money, they'll tell you the truth behind it.

"Popular branded digital spectacles"... Burnston Burns' Four-Ize perhaps? :lol

The design of the new Tigron looks similar to Triakis with it being a triple hull design. Anybody else agree??

Well, as it's now emerged that the K-VSR came first, was it Triakis who copied Tigron? ;)

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 09:46 PM
The interesting thing is, what track is Tigron pictured on ?

It sure isn't a HD or FURY track, yet you see Tigron running on other HD / Fury tracks in the YouTube videos, and it's already been stated that the craft from 2048 won't be running on the HD/FURY tracks.

I just woke up and turned on my PS4 and saw that DINGDONGDANG had replied to my message last night about what's happening with the Beta.
He said he hadn't yet tried the online of the Omega pack yet, as it's only up for 90 minutes each day, he did say that it looks amazing, and it runs incredibly smoothly.

Now we know about Tigron, I'll ask him if it and Van Uber are available in the game straight away and if it is a addition to the craft list, or if it's a replacement for craft that might been removed .....as I can't recognize the track above that Tigron is pictured on, it will be interesting to see what his reply is.

Dawn_Fire_
4th May 2017, 09:57 PM
This is great, i was on board with the game from the start anyway, but now we have some cool new toys to mess about with too.

And that Tigron looks niiiiiiice :)

tug_14
4th May 2017, 10:10 PM
hi, i think it's sebenco reverse Blackwiggle ... :beer

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 10:13 PM
I just saw that DINGDONGDANG is either still testing the game [that's dedication] or has got up early to resume testing.

So I just asked him if Tigron & Van uber are available to be used straight away, if any of the old craft have disappeared, if there are any new tracks / weapons or anything of note, if 2048 can change HUD's like HD ?
Since he hasn't tried online, asking him about the medals and leveling system is rather pointless ATM.

The thing is, although after checking his trophy list [he has 254 games ...and I thought I was bad ], I see he did play HD/FURY when it first came out, likewise for 2048, but I wouldn't call him a diehard Wipeout fan like we are here, so I'm not sure how he will take the questions, and likewise notice what has or hasn't changed.

fshylhx
4th May 2017, 10:15 PM
10672You mean this track?

The interesting thing is, what track is Tigron pictured on ?

It sure isn't a HD or FURY track, yet you see Tigron running on other HD / Fury tracks in the YouTube videos, and it's already been stated that the craft from 2048 won't be running on the HD/FURY tracks.

I just woke up and turned on my PS4 and saw that Evret had replied to my message last night about what's happening with the Beta.
He said he hadn't yet tried the online of the Omega pack yet, as it's only up for 90 minutes each day, he did say that it looks amazing, and it runs incredibly smoothly.

Now we know about Tigron, I'll ask him if it and Van Uber are available in the game straight away and if it is a addition to the craft list, or if it's a replacement for craft that might been removed .....as I can't recognize the track above that Tigron is pictured on, it will be interesting to see what his reply is.

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 10:20 PM
Your attachment doesn't work.

I thought the track might have been Vineta K, but then thought not.

Snakenator1
4th May 2017, 10:21 PM
Well, as it's now emerged that the K-VSR came first, was it Triakis who copied Tigron? ;)

Ooooooooooh snap :D

Well actually now that I've properly looked at the pictures from XDev's twitter, the K-VSR bares striking resemblance to the Triakis concept ship from pulse. I mean they share a similar length and somewhat tightly compact, stout design. The frame work also looks very similar along the three hulls, it just shouts Triakis concept ship to me.

Hmmmmm I wonder if XDev saw the Tigron and Van-uber billboards from HD/Fury and thought that these two teams were the most logical to resurrect as they're still referenced to in the games somewhat.

fshylhx
4th May 2017, 10:25 PM
I compared two tracks and they look almost the same.

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 10:28 PM
I have to laugh, I just saw that Xtriko [if there was a madder Wipeout fanatic in Portugal I doubt it] is closed Beta testing some new Grand Turismo game, while DINGDONGDANG is testing the Omega pack.....man if they could only swap games

tug_14
I thought the track might have been Vineta K, but then thought not.

The photo is taken just after the exit of the tunnel on sebenco reverse in the big climb IMO

RizlaBoyBlue
33 days left, the wait is killing me. See you on the track 😀

blackwiggle
4th May 2017, 10:34 PM
The photo is taken just after the exit of the tunnel on sebenco reverse in the big climb IMO

Of course, I forgot that Sebenco was on snow cover mountain track......that Tigron shot had we wondering if they had remastered one of the tracks from wipeout FUSION, which is where Tigron originated, I can't remember the name of it off hand, but it went underwater for for a good percentage of the long version of that track, and there was another ICE based Fusion track as well, that for some illogical reason had the Antigravity craft slipping on the track, even Colin Berry who worked on Fusion said it didn't make sense to him either :D

dmcclusky1234
5th May 2017, 02:40 AM
Wow, This is unexpected! I never thought Tigron would be resurrected from the Series.

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 05:01 AM
I've just got back from work and see I got a message back from my Omega Pack beta testing mate from the questions asked him last night, he said he couldn't remember that much about HD/FURY/2048 to comment about what's new/ different about the Omega pack, which is sort of the situation I thought he would be in.....BUT, he also said he will tell me anything I want to know about the pack over the weekend, starting from when he finishes work tonight, SO hopefully I can get pretty much all the info about the game that is up until now, not known.:nod

He said he never played the games much online either [no surprise there], so I might ask him to send me screen shots of the online board, 2048 HUD and anything else you guys & girls want me to ask him about the game.
Personally I want him to find out if Online in game chat is working / available or removed, and if the online player identity tags over the craft are working as well, which were both working for the first few days of HD back in 2008, but died in the butt shortly afterwards.
I also want to know if HD/FURY is still playable in 3D, it works on the PS3, but it's pushing the PS3 to the max, on the PS4 it should be a lot better, that's if it's still a option.

I guess I should also ask if any air brake sensitivity changes made in HD/FURY carry across to 2048, which might or might not be the case, as what works for the HD/FURY craft might not work for the 2048 craft, this will also have a effect with online play if the games are loaded from the same lobby and one minute you are playing HD/FURY games, then the host changes to 2048...do air brake changes change automatically with game change, the big unknown?

Any other specifics you lot want to know about the game, just post your questions and I'll ask if I think he will know the answer [remember, he's not a wipeout tragic like we are]

Actually, I'm sending him a huge request list questionnaire via the Playstation Forum PM system, saves a whole load of annoying PSN messages.
I asked him to print out the PM, it has all the track /weapon/ modes/ craft/ lists for each game for him to easily cross reference to, anything missing/ gone from the old will be immediately obvious to him....likewise anything NEW.

Racingfan
5th May 2017, 06:59 AM
Hi wiggle

after i saw the tigron reveal i have to say that i dislike the motion blur

can you ask him for me if you can turn that off? thanks

i forgot to say in last post about racebox... in 2048's racebox can you turn off specific weapons and use whatever you want? like turbo only etc.
in 2048's campaign mode there was some times where you had to only use cannon etc etc, mp was the same, it had cannon + mines only race and a turbo/autopilot/leech beam/shield race

also forgot to ask this one :D

is a+ speed class (super phantom) still in 2048? and can you play that speed class on hd/fury tracks now?

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 07:43 AM
Mate I just womped him with a big PM at the Beta testers forum.
Here's what I have asked of him in a PM sent around 10 minutes ago ....he's online ATM testing this stuff.....as he is not a Wipeout nutter like the rest of us, I have had to supply info for him to check against

] OK First, can you check to see if there is now the ability to change air brake sensitivity in 2048, like there is in HD/FURY....if there is, it answers one potential problem, but begs the question about another possible one.....or is there one GLOBAL air brake adjustment/setting that effects your controller on all three games?

Depending on answer, this might be one BIGGY to post at the Beta testing site....could be some big Online Only problems, and huge disgruntled player base.

2] Can the HUD display be changed to previous Wipeout game HUD's on 2048, like it can in HD/FURY ?

This wasn't available in the original 2048.

If not, what are available...possible screen shots sent via PSM ?

3] What craft are immediately available to use in HD/FURY and in 2048?

Any of the OLD craft been deleated? original line up was- Feisar, Quirex, Piranha, AG Systems, Triakis, Goteki 45, EG-X, Assegai, Mirage, Harimau, Auricom, Icaras.

Are the new [well from Wipeout FUSION actually] Tigron & Van Uber craft avaiable in both games, or only one?, if so which game?

4] RACEBOX -This is why 2048 died, it didn't have Racebox like HD/FURY where you could practise the tracks.

Could you please list all the tracks available to be raced on in RACEBOX. from all three games.

Could you also please list the different modes that the tracks can be raced on? [some might only be ZONE tracks etc] some might be yet unkown 2048 Zone tracks...... [I never got into 2048 myself until I bought a PSTV and hacked it so I could play 2048 and both the old PURE & PULSE + all DLC PSP Wipeouts on a Big Screen with a PS4 controller]....works well, even through my Sony PJ at 2.2m screen width. LOL

5] Please tell me HD/Fury is still 3D compatiable ....does the 3D option still come up when you start the game?

Is 2048 NOW 3D Compatiable?

6] We are back online again....I looked at you Trophy list and saw that you downloaded WO HD the day it was released as well as I did....remember on the first week or so that when playing online, VOICE CHAT actually worked, it didn't after that frist week, same situation for the little idendity tags over craft when playing online.

Could you please see if either or both options are still available, and if so, how well they are working?

I guess a quick look at the controller configuration options will tell you, if they arn't there, I guess not.

But then again, if they are there, do they work when playing 2048 Online, which was something that was never available?

7] Track differences [use Racebox to check easily agianst what track are available] - more of a check list to see if any new tracks added [sort of doubt it -at least until Sony announce some VR DLC for this title, sort of enevitable really, Sony have always used Wipeout to push any new Tech/gimmick they want to sell ]

Original HD/FURY tracks are: Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma, Chenghou Project, Metropia, Sebenco Climb, Ubermall, Sol 2, Talons Junction, The Amphesium, Modesto Heights, Tech De Ra..... .all in reverse as well.

Zone tracks are: Pro Tozo, Mallavol, Corridon 12, Syncopia

2048 tracks are:Unity Square, Metro Park, Queens Mall, Capital Reach, Empire Climb, Rockway Stadium, Downtown, Subway, SOL, Altima

Just PSM message me when you have or don't have the answers to any of these questions......if a detailed response, please let me know.

stin
5th May 2017, 07:58 AM
This is getting more information than l have thought but originally, l was thinking of just remastered from old wipeouts, now l just cannot wait when this game out!

Also, l loved that tigron limited edition through YouTube and l want to buy it!

For the record, asa did not know about wipeout omega is getting released in june coming but guess what? he already ordered it last week! lol

stevie 😀

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 08:06 AM
Holy schnitzel !

yawnstretch
5th May 2017, 08:29 AM
I hope 2048 has decent racebox and I hope the tracks have added detail! Can't wait :)

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 09:02 AM
INCOMING

Quote RE Air brake question: Reply from Omega tester :Air brake is GLOBAL and does effect 2048 but only available at main menu.

Tigron available from start....Van Uber needs to be unlocked......looks like I'm in for a long night. :nod

RE :HUD ...Quote...There is only one HD style HUD style option in the main menu, but it seems [from his perspective ] can't be changed, [He mentions that it doesn't mean that it can't be unlocked ]... Put that down in the 'Maybe' section.

Racingfan
5th May 2017, 09:12 AM
Wow so you can change airbrake settings in 2048?!

keep the updates coming :D

thanks again wiggle

Mooney
5th May 2017, 09:39 AM
Can i remind anyone with BETA access that there were terms you agreed to by downloading it. Be careful what you talk about!

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 09:43 AM
Is it Mooney or Money who has made it's [no sex divulged ] presence made with it's one and only post?

Nobody at this forum has Beta access testing. :mr-t

People that know people, do have that knowledge ....SUE THEM .....that sort of crap doesn't work well online....if Sony want to boost sales....GO AWAY!

Mooney
5th May 2017, 09:46 AM
Its mooney, thats my name.

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 09:53 AM
You come across as my old Nemesis.... XTC .....Moony Moony Face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x21JECDyfU

Racingfan
5th May 2017, 09:58 AM
Back in HD ps3 version you unlocked the 2097/wip3out HUD by getting 4000-8000 loyalty points

i hope theyre still in the game

Hellfire_WZ
5th May 2017, 10:11 AM
Mooney is a member of the XDEV development team. And he is absolutely right. While I don't think any members here are currently on the beta testing team, do remember that those who are are indeed under NDA and are therefore heavily restricted as to what they can share. Please don't expect answers to everything yet.

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 10:36 AM
Seems MOONEY is hanging about to see what I post.....the Beauty of PM's and JEPG's and other Wipeout forums....Lets give the Japanese the scoop, maybe the French....post it at the AVS gaming forum...pretty much international.

All could be done Vhery Qwichly
.....Mooney, leave it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mooney is a member of the XDEV development team. And he is absolutely right. While I don't think any members here are currently on the beta testing team, do remember that those who are are indeed under NDA and are therefore heavily restricted as to what they can share. Please don't expect answers to everything yet.

OK , fair enough...as it coming from the Top, I'll won't revel all that I have found out.

One quick question.....Why hasn't Mooney been more Pro Active ?

I'll just send the screen shots to somebody else, let them post them elsewhere.....it's only shots of the online board, and what options are available....nothing happening here anymore.

Mooney
5th May 2017, 10:39 AM
One quick question.....Why hasn't Mooney been more Pro Active ?

We will be once we release. Just know that even though we are not posting a lot, we are always looking at these forums.

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 10:49 AM
That sounds like a verbatim quote from certain R8 personal that we have all heard before in the Formula fusion section of the Wipeoutzone.

I don't know if we should welcome you or call you out, such has been the BS spread around this forum by the makers of AG games lately.

I'll take the Handshake route and attempt to make friends.....your call. [Don't Lurk is a good start ]

Racingfan
5th May 2017, 10:50 AM
Welcome to WZ Mooney :)

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 10:57 AM
OK that crap nicy nicy **** is over....since no handshake form Mooney via PM
Back to what we were talking about.

Racebox includes 2048, 9 tracks available in all modes except Zone, which has 10

I'll promise I WILL NOT POST SCREEN SHOTS

dmcclusky1234
5th May 2017, 12:39 PM
Well then...
Never thought that would happen.
Welcome Mooney :clap

Mooney
5th May 2017, 01:00 PM
hello!

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 01:11 PM
Hi, how are you?
Got anything to add about the new Omega Pack since you made it, any teasers that we don't know about.....come on....were all friends here, don't be coy.

Thane Corrigan
5th May 2017, 01:25 PM
Yo! Been a while since I was last on the forum. But Omega kind of forced my hand here. Cool game! Seriously can't wait! :D

I'm trying my best to ignore any of those spoilers in the posts, though. But the info coming through official channels looks pretty impressive. I've been waiting forever for Van-Über to have a decent chance at the competition again. :rock

TheConzio
5th May 2017, 01:34 PM
So both Van-Uber and Tigron are going to be in the game now, except Van-Uber is a digital preorder exclusive, am I correct?

multibodydynamics
5th May 2017, 02:11 PM
It has been confirmed that Van-Uber is included in digital version only and Tigron is included in all versions.

Racingfan
5th May 2017, 03:06 PM
according to this https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/ and https://www.amazon.com/Wipeout-Omega-Collection-PlayStation-4/dp/B06XY6L858/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493996678&sr=8-1&keywords=wipeout+omega

physical versions get van uber in the US

however in UK

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/

it just says you will get van uber on the digital version

Hybrid Divide
5th May 2017, 04:48 PM
Welcome to WZ, Mooney!

If you can't tell, we're rather passionate about WipEout over here! :D

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 06:57 PM
Too passionate for his liking it would seem.

Cipher
5th May 2017, 07:32 PM
With comments as these people still wonder why devs tend to not actively participate on forums..

An NDA is a legal agreement Blackwiggle, you may not care much, but by continuously bugging your friend for more information, you are not being a friend to him as he can get sued for sharing information, yes, you are right in thinking that it is his choice on whether or not to share info, but in asking him all those questions, you are not helping him keep his NDA, ND.

To put it in perspective, if you are okay with breaking contracts and agreements, how nice would it be if the company you work for suddenly chose to stop paying your salary, because hey, who cares about agreements anyway right?

We should be happy with CB & XDEV already willing to share with us that new teams are coming, which kind of visual enhancements they made, yada yada yada, if you remain patient, I'm sure they will spill more beans (pun intended!) to keep the hype train fuelled.

Unrelated to all of that:

Cool to see there will be some new content as well. And that press kit looks damn awesome, that's one to go on the want list for the collection haha! :D (Thx C. Jones!!)

Hellfire_WZ
5th May 2017, 09:32 PM
The matter has been resolved

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 10:39 PM
With comments as these people still wonder why devs tend to not actively participate on forums..

An NDA is a legal agreement Blackwiggle, you may not care much, but by continuously bugging your friend for more information, you are not being a friend to him as he can get sued for sharing information, yes, you are right in thinking that it is his choice on whether or not to share info, but in asking him all those questions, you are not helping him keep his NDA, ND.

To put it in perspective, if you are okay with breaking contracts and agreements, how nice would it be if the company you work for suddenly chose to stop paying your salary, because hey, who cares about agreements anyway right?

We should be happy with CB & XDEV already willing to share with us that new teams are coming, which kind of visual enhancements they made, yada yada yada, if you remain patient, I'm sure they will spill more beans (pun intended!) to keep the hype train fuelled.

Unrelated to all of that:

Cool to see there will be some new content as well. And that press kit looks damn awesome, that's one to go on the want list for the collection haha! :D (Thx C. Jones!!)

Yes you are correct, my bad, but by the same token, why give BETA testing duties to people that don't really know the game?

You do see the potential problem with the game that has been discovered out of all this don't you?
I'll reiterate for those that missed it.

You have three games with two different handling craft, the FURY/HD craft can't race on the 2048 tracks, and visa versa, the problem lies in that they have [reportedly] made the air brake sensitivity adjustment GLOBAL, as in one adjusted setting works across both games [different craft], now what might be a ideal air brake setting for the HD/FURY craft, could be a shocker for the 2048, not so bad if playing Campaign, as you can go back into air brake settings adjust to suit.....but what happens when you are playing online and tracks change between the two different handling craft?

You either have to opt for a great handling HD/FURY craft and a not so great 2048 craft, or the other way around......not a ideal situation is it? especially in the faster speed classes.....I doubt you will able to adjust your air brake settings while sitting on a online grid waiting for the race to start, even if you could, it would be a total pain for all concerned waitinf for people to do that.

The only solution I can think of would be if you had player selectable airbrake presets for each of the two different handling craft, and they automatically load with the corresponding craft selection when playing online.

I don't know, maybe my mate has got this air brake setting thing wrong, but if he hasn't and there is just one Global air brake setting, it does seem a bit of a oversight.

keg_11
5th May 2017, 11:50 PM
Steelbook editions will be available, but currently will be in Europe only

Just a nit-pick, can this be changed to PAL regions instead of Europe? We have the steelbook preorder in Aus as well.

blackwiggle
5th May 2017, 11:58 PM
We in Aus use the UK PlayStation store, which is a PAL region, but the pre order steelbox game disc is region free anyway, I've ordered it as well.
The only problem arises is with any special DLC that comes with the game, people in the USA who import the steel box would have to use the Europe Playstation store, we in Aus don't have that problem.

Hellfire_WZ
6th May 2017, 12:22 AM
Ah, fair point, will do

KazzyMac
6th May 2017, 03:19 AM
Saw all this talk about Omega having a beta test, came on here to see if you guys had heard about it.

Did. Not. Disappoint. ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm a little surprised that the devs didn't reach out to more of you guys here, given the passion for the game and knowledge; they'd have been able to get some hella feedback but, eh, c'est la vie, right?

Also someone mentioned that Tigron is going to be available in all versions? Is there a sauce? (also does anyone have an inkling of what the stats for Van Uber might be? I've seen Tigron's, I wonder how competitive it'll be.)

AdHoc
6th May 2017, 03:36 AM
A couple questions related to 4K.

Does it really make such a big difference to the naked eye on a game like WOHD?
Will I be missing out big time if I play it on a 1080p screen?
Are you guys all getting a 4K screen for the occasion?

This is to determine if I should wait for the day I buy a 4K screen to play WOOC :) I don’t want to "spoil" it.

yawnstretch
6th May 2017, 05:31 AM

31 days to go. Pre-ordered digital.

blackwiggle
6th May 2017, 05:52 AM
There is 4K HD and 4K UHD
4K HD resolution doesn't mean much on a TV, but on a projector it's noticeable, but even then, you have to sit as close to the screen ans the screen is wide to readily notice it.

But 4K UHD is a different matter, these screens are designed to run a lot brighter than standard 108p HD screens, that is to reproduce the expanded colour gamut of UHD and is noticeable on a TV, no matter what size it is, this is especially true with scenes like Sky or the Sea etc, where the UHD screen can reproduce very small differences in colour that you see in nature, this also makes the screens appear to have more contrast, and also make whatever you are watching on it seem more 3D like.

Standard 1080p HD and 4K HD will look flat in comparison.....truth is, on computer generate content the differences between standard 1080p HD and 4K HD would be hard to spot unless you had two different screen side by side, and the PS4 does 1080p upscaling, not true 4K, that's one of the reasons it doesn't have a 4K disc drive, it's much the same as when the PS3 was first released, it played standard DVD's, but then got a system update that brought DVD upscaling from standard 576 to 1080p

If you were going to buy a new TV, IMHO you would be mad if it wasn't a 4K UHD model, they aren't really that much more expensive that 1080p HD TV's, but I'd also stay away from OLED screens, they might look fine in the shops, but a lot are being returned with varying degrees of picture problems, like banding etc.....it's new technology that isn't really as robust as LED/LCD, neither can a OLED ever be as bright as a LCD/LED....I calibrate TV's, OLED also use some trickery to make the Blacks on them to seem deeper that LED/LCD, but that's a whole other topic.

AdHoc
6th May 2017, 06:37 AM
Cheers, BW.

I’ll keep my good old 1080p Samsung LED monitor for now then.

Cipher
6th May 2017, 08:51 AM
Yes you are correct, my bad, but by the same token, why give BETA testing duties to people that don't really know the game?

You do see the potential problem with the game that has been discovered out of all this don't you?
I'll reiterate for those that missed it.

You have three games with two different handling craft, the FURY/HD craft can't race on the 2048 tracks, and visa versa, the problem lies in that they have [reportedly] made the air brake sensitivity adjustment GLOBAL, as in one adjusted setting works across both games [different craft], now what might be a ideal air brake setting for the HD/FURY craft, could be a shocker for the 2048, not so bad if playing Campaign, as you can go back into air brake settings adjust to suit.....but what happens when you are playing online and tracks change between the two different handling craft?

You either have to opt for a great handling HD/FURY craft and a not so great 2048 craft, or the other way around......not a ideal situation is it? especially in the faster speed classes.....I doubt you will able to adjust your air brake settings while sitting on a online grid waiting for the race to start, even if you could, it would be a total pain for all concerned waitinf for people to do that.

The only solution I can think of would be if you had player selectable airbrake presets for each of the two different handling craft, and they automatically load with the corresponding craft selection when playing online.

I don't know, maybe my mate has got this air brake setting thing wrong, but if he hasn't and there is just one Global air brake setting, it does seem a bit of a oversight.

Any issues reported at this point won't make it to the release version (as mentioned before, game's gone gold already), but can be fixed using patches, so whether you report it now or in a month makes not much difference apart from the devs being able to look into it already (but that's what the beta testers are for), a global vs local sensitivity setting is a really easy fix (less than 30 mins), so no need to worry about it ;) (in fact, your friend might be wrong in thinking the sensitivity setting is global, as 2048 originally doesn't even have sensitivity settings)

There's no need to worry about bugs & enhancements, there is most likely going to be at least 1 patch to address a lot of issues the beta testers missed (Which is inevitable, look at the airbrake glitch, started with Pure and was still present up and till Patch 2.4 of Wipeout HD)

yawnstretch
6th May 2017, 09:13 AM
Is it June 7th yet?

tug_14
6th May 2017, 09:18 AM
Hi, someone has heard of a pulse version on PS4 ?? ... I just saw a photo of someone with a "presskit" of it, i guess it' s for PS4
10676 .

Racingfan
6th May 2017, 09:30 AM
attachment doesnt work

Is it June 7th yet?

Yes (i wish)

Hellfire_WZ
6th May 2017, 09:34 AM
Hi, someone has heard of a pulse version on PS4 ?? ... I just saw a photo of someone with a "presskit" of it, i guess it' s for PS4
10676 .

It's one of the old press kits from the PSP/PS2 days. Still highly sought after

tug_14
6th May 2017, 09:44 AM
OK ... My bad , we can dream :)

multibodydynamics
6th May 2017, 09:46 AM
Also someone mentioned that Tigron is going to be available in all versions? Is there a sauce? (also does anyone have an inkling of what the stats for Van Uber might be? I've seen Tigron's, I wonder how competitive it'll be.)

Tigron in all versions. Source:
https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/860171697156239360

blackwiggle
6th May 2017, 10:08 AM
Here's some stuff you wouldn't have known.
In the Omega Pack game options you have some new ones.

Online ID...so I gather those little identity tags over online craft can be turned on or off, they were on HD when it first came out, but stopped working after the first week, there was never a option to turn them on or off before though.
You can now select to turn pilot assist on or off for Player one and Player Two, so great if playing two player single screen and one player needs it and the other doesn't
HUD style is global, although I don't know what HUD's are available, but at least you should be able to change the 2048 one if you want.

In Racebox when selecting 2048- in the Game Type the unusual option of Tournament is available !
I don't know how they have worked the 2048 Racebox, it must be different in some way.

Here's a game for you to play....guess what might be the available options in the blank spaces of the ONLINE selection page?
Game Mode-
Race Type-
Speed Class-
Weapons- On/Off
HUD Weapon Hints- On/Off
Opponents-
Barrel Rolls-
Pilot Assist-
Laps-
Blank.....
Blank.....

Racingfan
6th May 2017, 10:15 AM
Glad to see weapon off mode is back :)

I still would love to see ghost ships :D

curious what the blank spaces are

my guesses are

Ghost ships (anyone can drive through you, so no crashing into others etc) FYI if you didnt know, HD had ghost ships, but was only activated after respawning for a few seconds, when having a huge PING, or driving in wrong side of the track but having a permenant option would be amazing.

maybe something 2048 related on the second blank option... Prototype ships disabled maybe? Feisar prototype on lower speed classes that isnt Altima, SOL, or queens mall is way to OP on lower classes.

blackwiggle
6th May 2017, 10:30 AM
Ghost Ships are available.

HUD's are unlock along the way during Campaign, just like HD was....was so long ago I forgot about that, so ATM unable to find out exactly what HUD's will be available.

Racingfan
6th May 2017, 10:38 AM
nice to see HUD's back too. 2097 HUD on zone is amazing :D

TheConzio
6th May 2017, 11:53 AM
In all seriousness though, I'm a little surprised that the devs didn't reach out to more of you guys here, given the passion for the game and knowledge; they'd have been able to get some hella feedback but, eh, c'est la vie, right?

Yeah It's kinda confused me too.. If they knew about these forums already (hence Mooney), it should've been a no-brainer to give at least a few invites to active forum members here IMO. But then again, it would be hard for us NOT to share what we would know (and break the contract/agreement yadayada) :P

Mooney
6th May 2017, 12:26 PM
Sony are the ones who decide who gets an invite to the beta, not the guys at Clever beans and Epos. But if people here show a disregard for NDA's, it further reinforces the idea that they they need to be very selective about who gets access to things like a beta going forward.

Sausehuhn
6th May 2017, 12:36 PM
There is 4K HD and 4K UHD […]

Actually, there isn’t. 4K or UHD (Ultra High Definition) are basically marketing terms for the same thing, meaning a resolution of min. 3840x2160 pixels. What you are refereing to is HDR (High Dynamic Range) that adds more color depth to the image. It isn’t dependent on screen resolution and can be found on 1080p screens (or any other for that matter) as well.

JFthebestJan
6th May 2017, 01:16 PM
...Online ID...so I gather those little identity tags over online craft can be turned on or off, they were on HD when it first came out, but stopped working after the first week, there was never a option to turn them on or off before though.
You can now select to turn pilot assist on or off for Player one and Player Two...

both options are very present and functioning in wipEout hd/fury, so nothing new really ;)

JABBERJAW
6th May 2017, 02:28 PM
I still have a bad feeling time trial will not be in race box for 2048, but will only be in the campaign as before. What I mean would be just like HD, with records for each speed class with specific records. Really hope I'm wrong about this one as it would be most of my playing, at least at first. Still looking forward to it either way though

Racingfan
6th May 2017, 04:38 PM
quoting blackwiggle's post

Racebox includes 2048, 9 tracks available in all modes except Zone, which has 10

im sure he means 10 tracks in other 2048 modes than zone

@JF

woah thats my old psn name haha

i was wondering what you were doing behind me while i wasnt playing ;)

my psn name is really bad :lol

EDIT: some pictures

https://twitter.com/N0tEnoughRed/status/860217362783641603
https://twitter.com/N0tEnoughRed/status/860603873043652608
https://twitter.com/N0tEnoughRed/status/860633740913111040

man im jealous

blackwiggle
6th May 2017, 11:03 PM
It depends what manufacturer you are talking about, and how old the TV is, there are so many different abbreviations for what basically is the same thing it's got quite muddled, and the TECH press up until the last 6 months haven't really helped with spreading this confusion, those TV's that don't do HDR are just calling themselves 4K HD, which were the first generation 4K TV's on the market [no point in buying one of these], but because it has 4K mentioned, people think it does HDR as well, or they don't even know about HDR

The new ones are calling themselves 4K UHD or 4K HDR which is the same thing depending on manufacturer, like wise 1080p screen that do the same are just calling themselves UHD or HDR, anyway, what it boils down to is you need a screen that does the high brightness needed [or to be technical up to 4,000 nits], these TV's are easy to spot in a store, their picture jumps out at you, small differences in the colour shading of what would otherwise seem just the one colour appear, which gives a more 3D like appearance and colours seem much more vivid without being oversaturated like a TV with the colour control turned up.

If using a PS4 Pro and one of these TV's, yes you would notice the difference with the Omega collection, but again, since it it computer generated content it's not really where these TV's shine at their best, put on a 4K disc of a movie played back via something like a Panasonic UB900 4K disc player, then your talking.

Anyway, what I've been told is even if using a bog standard 1080p screen, the PS4 Omega pack runs HD/FURY a lot smoother than the PS3 did

XxSuperRyugaxX
7th May 2017, 09:10 AM
Damn guys! This waiting is killing me! How about you!? :dizzy

Just realized that there was released a Closed Beta, I wish I could try it but whatever, the game will be for sure super amazing!! Can't wait to race on Zone Mode.
Are they also adding two " new " ships? Are these included in the game by default or with some special edition / pre order?

Oh and hello Mooney! So cool to see a member of XDEV here!

Racingfan
7th May 2017, 09:22 AM
Yeah the wait is also doing that for me too ;)

yeah i really wish i could try out the beta ;(

yeah new ships are tigron and van uber (from fusion and pure)

tigron is in all versions but van uber is a digital exclusive in the EU version.... but they may sell it as a DLC later on

can't wait to see you destroy zone on 2048 ;)

AdHoc
7th May 2017, 09:40 AM
I just realised that finishing the whole "game" is going to take an eternity.

Mooney
7th May 2017, 10:05 AM
Hey man.

I'm not actually from XDEV, I'm a developer at cleverbeans.

XxSuperRyugaxX
7th May 2017, 10:20 AM
Ohh oops Sorry, seems I misunderstood :dizzy but it's still amazing! You guys are making real a wish of a lot of players here :rock

And thank you for the info Racingfan, now I know exactly what version I have to get! Always wanted to try 2048 and YEP also zone mode there, there are a lot of records that need to be registered again :p

AdHoc
7th May 2017, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all the work by your team, you need to know it’s much appreciated among us.

We sincerely hope that the franchise is alive again and you that you will keep making us dream for many years to come.

Mooney
7th May 2017, 11:13 AM
Thanks, ile pass on the message to the rest of the beans!

Dawn_Fire_
7th May 2017, 12:24 PM
I'll echo that statement, many thanks indeed to everyone working on Omega. So happy to have the series alive and well and really looking top notch.

One month to go :)

Racingfan
7th May 2017, 12:35 PM
thanks for omega and racebox 2048 :)

just a question, are you n0tenoughred on twitter? ;)

AdHoc
7th May 2017, 12:48 PM
The ESRB Has Now Rated The Wipeout Omega Collection

It was announced by Sony a few weeks ago that the Wiepout Omega Collection on PS4 has gone gold. Now the ESRB has rated the collection giving you some additional details on what it includes.

The game has been rated “E” for everyone over the age of 10. It only features some “Fantasy Violence”. The game collection is exclusive to the PS4 console.

The rating summary says: “This is a compilation of three titles from the futuristic racing series Wipeout. Players pilot a selection of anti-gravity vehicles to compete in races across a variety of game modes (e.g., Career, Tournament, Speed Lap). In some game modes, players can pick up power-ups (e.g., quakes, plasma/beams, rockets/missiles) and earn points by damaging and/or destroying opponents’ vehicles; combat is accompanied by large explosions, realistic gunfire, and screen-shaking effects.”

Wipeout Omega Collection includes remastered versions of WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048. It features all of the vehicles and circuits plus some new and classic musical tracks. The game itself will be released on June 6th. It’s available to pre-order at retail stores or via the PlayStation Store.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2017/05/esrb-now-rated-wipeout-omega-collection/

Snakenator1
7th May 2017, 12:55 PM
So for us who use the PEGI rating system, we're looking at PEGI 7. Not at all surprising honestly :P

I'll also echo the previous posts in thanking all the developers for creating the omega collection, its making all of us really happy and appreciate the hard work :)

Mooney
7th May 2017, 01:14 PM
I'll echo that statement, many thanks indeed to everyone working on Omega. So happy to have the series alive and well and really looking top notch.

One month to go :)

Cheers :)

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for omega and racebox 2048 :)

just a question, are you n0tenoughred on twitter? ;)

No, that's our producer Chris, this is me: @moons_artwork

- - - Updated - - -

So for us who use the PEGI rating system, we're looking at PEGI 7. Not at all surprising honestly :P

I'll also echo the previous posts in thanking all the developers for creating the omega collection, its making all of us really happy and appreciate the hard work :)

Thumbs up!

Ace3000
7th May 2017, 01:55 PM
I might as well chip in with my thanks, you guys are actually making me consider getting a PS4 just for this!

Silverstream
7th May 2017, 02:00 PM
I'd also like to thank everyone involved with creating Omega Collection.

It's inspired me to finally buy a PS4 and return to WipEoutZone after nearly 7 years away, so let's just say I'm happy and can't wait to play it! :)

Mooney
7th May 2017, 02:12 PM
I might as well chip in with my thanks, you guys are actually making me consider getting a PS4 just for this!

Never been a better time to own a ps4, go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also like to thank everyone involved with creating Omega Collection.

It's inspired me to finally buy a PS4 and return to WipEoutZone after nearly 7 years away, so let's just say I'm happy and can't wait to play it! :)

Cheers!