PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One's party chat feature saves life

TheConzio
17th November 2016, 03:29 PM
I'll try to keep this as G rated as possible.

A friend of mine invited me to an xbox live party when I had just come online (to try out Project CARS after a long time of not playing it) and they sounded like they were very, very drunk. After about a minute of talking, I hear their mic disconnect from their controller and I knew something was not right after some time had passed.

My gut instinct kicked in and I grabbed the car keys and drove to their house ASAP, only to find out their entire house was locked up and no one was responding inside. I called up a couple of my other friends and they came over. We broke in, and found the drunk's unconscious body on the floor.

Long story short, they were brought to hospital via ambulance. Doctor's said they were very close to death due to the extreme amount of intoxication, and was very lucky.

If it wasn't for a freakin' video game console's online chat feature, this would have likely been a very different and sad story.

DIXI200
17th November 2016, 07:13 PM
Xbox is something, but if it was not for your friendship and concern... you did the right thing.

Amaroq Dricaldari
17th November 2016, 08:46 PM
Holy...

stin
18th November 2016, 11:03 AM
it's a good thing that you know these guys and saved him! Good on you!

stevie :)