PDA

View Full Version : Extreme G Series

vh5150
23rd August 2003, 01:19 AM
What about this series of games?
Or the new Fzero GX game?

Both of these games series are veterans to futuristic racers.

I like XG3 especially for the Ministry Of Sound soundtrack. I was able to snag me the promo audio disc when the game came out and love the friggin' thing.

jmoid
24th August 2003, 08:32 AM
The review of the latest XG game in Games TM was extremely impressive. Apparently they've really put a lot into making the whole thing seem like a real sporting event in the future, and the sense of speed in the actual races is outstanding. I'll certainly be buying it.

vh5150
24th August 2003, 02:42 PM
Yes. It looks very good. Compared to the N64 versions of yesteryear. This seems like it would be a good distraction for Wipeout fans.

Between Fusion and XG3 I think this will be a slamming game. I seen some of the in game videos from http://www.extremeg.com/ and believe you me that they really are working on a great title racer.

Besides XG3 I was lucky to get the promo audio disc from MoS and it's a great compliment to the game. I hope Acclaim releases one for XGRA too. From the music that plays in the all the movies it seems like they have some really good DJ's like before.

rodwipE
19th September 2003, 09:44 PM
Ubelievably I preferred XGIII to wipEout Fusion. It was 10 times more playable than the N64 XG games. I think they studied wipEout real close when they were making it.
I haven't played the new F-Zero yet (I'm in a pal territory) but judging by the stunning screenshots I'd say the people who made that game have taken a long hard look at wipEout as well.

AmishRobot
19th September 2003, 10:45 PM
I've been trying to find the new XG game for the last four days. No store bothered to stock it, and none of them seem to care that I wanted to give them money for it. One store, upon telling me that they didn't have it, let me know that some new pro wrestling game just came in. You see the connection between the two? Neither do I. I had one guy at a Gamestop ask me if I wanted to pre-order it, and when I told him no thanks, he said, "Why don't you want to pre-order", like I'd just told him I lust over cattle. I wasn't exactly kind to him at that point. I had another employee at a different Gamestop tell me, "Well, if you didn't pre-order it, we didn't get it in." WTF?!? They will no longer get any business from me.

/rant

Ahem... anyway, about the game. It looks really nice. I like the visual style a lot, and if they successfully fixed the weapon system and added some powersliding, I think it'll be a winner. Someday I'll find out for myself. I'm not too sure about the soundtrack, though. BT and Cirrus? bleah. Too bad they didn't add custom soundtrack support for xbox.

FZero: I played the demo, and didn't like it. Candy colored, no sense of style, and physics that felt like slot cars. I can tell that FZero heavily influenced the design of Fusion... which is a shame.

jmoid
20th September 2003, 08:41 AM
I have the new F-Zero game - my resolve to wait until I could actually afford it crumbled in the face of Mr Visa's powers of persuasion... I'll write a full review soon. First impressions are good, although a friend who tried it commented "It's like being in a crushed coke can going a at a bazillion miles an hour"...

Sounds like game shops are the same everywhere :) Is XGRA out yet? I heard it was delayed: http://217.158.191.134/(efglmx555fjklu45pzc2yxzv)/pma/17792

I agree the ship handling in Fusion does seem to be influenced by F-Zero - bad move. It works in F-Zero but why copy?

Wamdue
21st September 2003, 09:49 PM
theres too many good games coming out now that i dont know wich ones to buy.. just finished sw:kotor.. awesome game.. few games ive began a new game on right after seeing the credits and the end-game cutscene.

anyway, it stands between F-zero GX and ZOE2 ( it is coming out now right? )

btw, has anyone heard anything new about the f-zero anime?

jmoid
22nd September 2003, 07:25 PM
I haven't but I'd certainly like to.

I've posted a review of F-Zero GX for those that are interested: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1086

Mods if you feel it would be more appropriate as a reply to this topic then go ahead and move it :)