PDA

View Full Version : Racing Seasons

Light Buster
28th January 2016, 07:26 PM
So yeah, I'm doing a bit of research for myself and I always wondered when racing seasons start. I know there are a lot of racing series all over the world but I want to know if there is a general date when they all start or of there are different from one another.

Thane Corrigan
29th January 2016, 01:20 PM
F1 usually starts in March and runs through until the mid-to-late autumn.
European Formula 3 starts in April, and ends roughly the same time as above.
Formula E started in October and runs through until July.

Something to note is that southern hemisphere races can take place in Nov to Feb, since it's their summer. And an overlap of southern to northern track locations happens in spring and autumn. Most races will attract more seat tickets in warmer weather for obvious reasons, so race organisers take that into consideration.

So ultimately, in Formula series, the race season will be based on track locations and when would be preferred to stage that location in the year. And then a season start usually happens in spring or autumn.

KinRagamine
11th February 2016, 11:17 PM
If you wish to see even more racing, Japan's premier series "SUPER GT" starts in April. NASCAR, obviously, is in February, but you might want to catch their lower series on Fridays and Saturdays. The Weather Tech United Sports Car Championship just had the Daytona 24 Hours in January, with the Sebring 12 Hours up next. Check out some of those!

BlueWolf9498
12th February 2016, 02:06 AM
I did some internet searching.

I hope this link will help. :) http://www.motorsport.com/series/