Thread: Keyboard control?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Frankly I don't see why K+B support is a step backward.
    An average PC gamer with a keyboard+mouse setup could wipe the floor with any 'pro' console fps gamer especially if they have no auto aim to rely on. It's a much more precise setup.
    The uptake of 3d gaming on console isn't going to be too great either when you consider that you need to buy a new TV to take advantage of it. People have just started the uptake of highdef screens, how many are going to race out to buy 3d capable hardware?
    -Playstation move/natal
    This video is why move/natal is a mere novelty at best:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1BHz7Ck1o
    I don't quite fancy flailing about to play a game. Maybe if technology significantly improves and we start having 'minority report' style controls for rts games...
    Mind you, gamepads are admittedly still better for racing games.

keyboard/mouse is far superior in fps games, but not for others. wipeout hd would work great with it, as there is no advantage to analog control as there should be for a wipeout game. if it was possible for pure pulse, it would be incredible I think with the pitch thing and barrel rolls would be easy.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

It is possible to use keyboards as controllers through an adapter on the PS3. I've never used one but there is such thing as the XCM XFPS, which can be be found here:
    http://www.xcm.cc/XFPS_4.0_Force.htm

From my experience with playing the 2097 demo on the PC, I wouldn't use a keyboard for WipEout, but I don't see why you shouldn't if you prefer it.