Thread: New here, couple of questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Xan17 View Post
    HellFire denies that Tigron is better then Triakis...
    Well, then I disagree with him!

Yea Triakis is better then Tigron. It was something the developers did. Something about triakis not losing speed as much as the other opponents. But its very very small.

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

Statistically, it is better, but Triakis has its secret weapon of carrying speed through corners. Look at the Pure records (in particular the more active PAL records). Many more Triakis than Tigron records, even in Time Trial, when the Triakis' high shield (its main advantage) that has is useless and Zone may be better suited.

I would go as far to say that Triakis is the best ship in the game, too.
    A hidden stat of Triakis was unknowingly changed during development (for the better), so while it takes longer to get to high speeds, it keeps that speed all the way through. Well, that's how it is affected to my knowledge. It might improve it in other ways, too, but that's as far as I can see it.
    By that note I should also mention Auricom is also slightly better in Phantom than it should be (faster), but it doesn't really touch the supership status of Triakis.

edit: You beat me to it Dav657!

I forgot something, oh yes, I know!

Welcome to the WOZone, Xan17! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Welcome to the site Xan17 - the Triakis issue is explained in this thread here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3818

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Welcome to the zone and welcome to Wipeout world.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Hi
    Personally, I use any ship that I am good with.(Feisar, hint-hint )
    All I am bothered with, is if I pass that laser for my routinely(Is that a real word?)gold medal.

I mean, if you fell comfortable with a complete paper-thin craft, then you go for it!

Thanks for the responses.

I knew there was some hidden stat...but i didn't know the fact that it was a faulty number who did that!

@mdhay: Yeah I used to use FEISAR but it was too slow for my taste. So I tried Zone for a while and I loved it...until I came to Rapier and Phantom. Every lap, the announcer HAD to say "Energy Critical".

I went to triakis afterwards but it was a bit hard because while I was in Zone, I barely had to use the Airbrakes and I noticed how bad triakis's handling is

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Triakis' handling is far from bad. It's got one of the best handling of the fast ships. While I have great difficulty controlling Zone on Phantom. It's like a ping-pong ball. If they hadn't nerfed Piranha's accel so badly, I'd use it constantly. I think it handles best of all ships.