Thread: Ballistic NG - Wipeout fan project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Neognosis really nailed the feeling of the old trilogy, great game! and thanks!

Im sure it will be getting more polished and tweaked as it nears the 1.0 version, but for an 0.8 stage it has the soul of the gameplay there.

Having it open to modding was great, i have dl all the classic ship mods, thanks to the modders too for those nice ships (finally, i could race the ships that are in the cover of the 3600 league!)

I have a few questions and suggestions, but i need to catch up reading about the game and the forums before i do that, and i will definitely be playing and following it.

Donating was an easy decision!.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I unfortunately haven't touched BNG since like 0.7, when a full grid of AIs still caused slideshow mode to happen on my system, which is no real potato, mind you. If that issue has been fixed in 0.8 or 0.8.2, then I may jump back in to it again.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 10th July 2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Never mind, seems like it is going 0.9 > 1.0. My bad.

Seems to run fine, i wanted to comment on that too:

I stopped playing XL because i got an LCD and the CRT tv was being used by my grandffather, well, quite a few years back, but the lag on old lcd tvs were brutal, specially when you are used to play on a crt fast and twitchy on phantom, and my timing was completely thrown off.

I always told myself to get another CRT tv but that never happened.

Now i can play BNG at 144fps on a 144hz monitor (havent tested if its really reaching that number but it seems to flow fast), without input lag problems and its lovely, its something that wasnt possible before even with emulators because of how the games synched with the framerate.

I also found out a way to set up my razer sabretooth controller (xbox360-pc) to play as close to controllable as i remember my negcon (I know, i know, heresy!!), it involves steering with the analog triggers

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It's that my laptop underclocks the CPU for various reasons, yet it won't speed up when I'm playing BNG.

The very interesting thing is, I'm able to run other games with similar or higher system requirements just fine, meaning that the system can and will speed up the CPU, just for some reason not this game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'm in awe with the game feel so far.
    For me it's a dream come true so donation/patreon was a no brainer.
    Finally we can get free from the hardware restrictions imposed by consoles and enjoy the openness and unlimited potential our PC's could bring.

Thanks to the passionate and skillfull members of the community who nailed some of the key the elements the old Wipeouts are praised for.

Timezone
    GMT -5

This game is a dream come true.

PSN ID
    skythian

Really enjoying this game. Is there still a way to get into the beta or dev branches? Tried the code in the first post but it no longer works and I don't have a beta option in steam...