Thread: STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
    We are planning to go out on PC Steam initially (because we think it's about time there is something like this for PC Gamers) with PS4 and Xbox One 'soon' afterwards - oh and we are looking at VR too
    This made my week
    I am no longer a regular on these forums so I hadn't heard of the game, but a friend just linked me to another video of this that isn't in the thread yet. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this!

You mean this one? Still VERY early days - but we are getting there... This is still 'pre-production'..

Last edited by MrFisty; 18th September 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@ above video:
    - vehicle movement looks like it would be some kind of on-rail system, that's not a good thing
    - vehicles are placed too close to the surface, it's like cars without wheels, seems very weird imho

It's not on rails.. I can assure you. We are working on the hover engine to get the feel right at the moment. But thanks for the feedback. It's 'VERY' early days yet.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not on rails.. I can assure you. We are working on the hover engine to get the feel right at the moment. But thanks for the feedback. It's 'VERY' early days yet.
    The camera will be tighter in too - but more dynamic.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think if the camera followed the track rather than the ship (like in the PS1 WipEout games), it would look and feel a lot better as well as give off a more "anti-"gravity impression.

Default Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I think if the camera followed the track rather than the ship (like in the PS1 WipEout games), it would look and feel a lot better as well as give off a more "anti-"gravity impression.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. That's the sort of feel we are looking for. Just bare in mind this is early stages.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Alright. By the way, what does internal view look like at the moment? Can you see the ship's cockpit/dashboard? One of the problems I had with WipEout HD's internal view was that it was just a disembodied floating camera.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Flying, AG F1 cars? With tiny little front wings? That's just really, really, Wrong. Completely.

That's what first hits me. Other than the music. Which is also, really, really Wrong, but at least there I've accepted that I'm not With It and can at least mute music I don't like. Which reminds me: make starting videos like that in 2048 only play once ever and then only visible by navigating the menus to a gallery or something. They suck and get in the way of actually playing the game.

TBH, as a fan of both F1 and WipEout, the trailer in my YouTube recommendations that got me back here and finding this thread really didn't do the trick for me. I know it's all pre-production, etc., whatever - I found it rather disappointing given the WipEout name attached to it.

The concept work I've seen so far seems to suffer from some of the same sort of concept problems found in 2048, actually. Like you're trying to make WipEout more accessible to The Common People or something. TBH, I don't think your target demographic knows jack **** about F1 or modern technology, or much of anything else for that matter either. I think you're looking to solve problems that don't exist in this regard. You have to find something that people like, not narrow down what people don't like. And if you can't find something people like: why are you making a game in the first place? If the first answer is to make money, I think you're doing it wrong. If you're not doing something cool first and foremost, give up while you still can IMO, as cool, this concept work ain't.

And why do you have big name Hollywood directors tied to the project? Sounds like a waste of time and money for a videogame. Reminds me a little how how Crytek hired a novelist to do the story for Crysis 2, and somehow managed to monumentally fail in creating anything even close to resembling a worthwhile story, plot, or characters, and actually regressed from the first games' significantly. Totally unnecessary marketing gimmick.

So far this project is striking me as WipEout: 2048 Evolved, and I did not like WipEout 2048 at all. I think it was a terrible concept from the start... before the game couldn't even be finished with any semblance of polish.

In fact... given you apparently didn't show anything you seem to want to , and you're playing cards so close to your chest as you say... why release the video at all? I know you've said to give fans a taste or whatever, but a taste of what? That ex-WO devs are working on an AG racing game? So what, honestly? I don't have any allegiance to you in the same way I don't have allegiance to Sony. I will buy a good product, end of story.

I hate to be negative, but in a world overflowing with **** I don't need, I implore you, please don't try and give me more of the same.

And I hope you don't take this personally, Mr. Fisty, as there's nothing I know about you personally. I just think your team is doing this for money before anything else, and the only reason you're here is to feed on a kind of brand loyalty that if we're being honest is going to be misplaced by giving it to your team, anyway.

If any or all of this hits hard, then I've been accurate. If it's not, I'm sure you'll have a great time convincing me otherwise. Have a nice day

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

You mean this one?
    yes, that one
    wasn't sure if I should post it here since it was unlisted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    yes, that one
    wasn't sure if I should post it here since it was unlisted
    Hi - that movie 'was' unlisted, but I felt that in the spirit of things we would throw it out to you good people.
    Whilst it is mainly a visual prototype - rather than a fully balanced gameplay example (at the moment) It was actually created (in a few months I might add) to stir things up with publishers, to generate interest and also to provide funding opportunities - in the same way a 'pilot' may be used for films with investors.
    It is a 'Huge' project and not one that we can do without help - so we are being brave and aiming high.

Things have changed in the games industry now - 'very few' publishers actually believe in AG Racing as a valid next gen genre - so we are trying to convince people of the 'potential', and to set up a studio staffed with other ex wipeout dev's - (with some new wipeout dev talent of course) - to hopefully carry the torch again. But this time being much more open with the community.

We are also about to officially announce DUB as the music producer for the game.

https://www.facebook.com/dubfx?ref=ts&fref=ts

Stay tuned for further updates - and please be patient - we ARE listening to everything you tell us!

Best wishes,
    R8 Team.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Please include Racebox...

EVERYONE! We need a new name - before we go out to the general media. PLEASE - can you go here and make suggestions - or - like your favorites. We will chose the best one we feel fits the concept next week. If we chose yours we will stick a nod in the credits..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R8Games/728021997220331

Best,
    R8 Team.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I don't have a Facebook, but I do have a few ideas. How about replacing "Racing" with "Spectrum"? (I was gonna use "Spectrum" for my cancelled WipEout remake, but screw it). Projections, Horizon or Dryfire would also work.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 19th September 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Typo correction

PSN ID
    u/EienZero (Reddit) / eien_override#9331 (Discord)

Question What is happening with Pacer?

Is the game still developed/supported for Xbox at all? Is it ever gonna get multi-platform crossplay so we can actually find a player to race with? Is it by any chance ever gonna go to Game Pass so my friends and other people can try it then a tiny more chances to pay it with someone? Is it ever gonna have a custom tournament mode or some way other to play it that the frustrating and boring campaign or quickplay?
    Last edited by EienZero; 10th January 2022 at 07:18 PM. Reason: It just keeps posting a mess out of my actual text, I tried many times, and my text gets cut after just the firs lines!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

There's an easy answer if there ever was one:

NO.

It's dead, mate, sorry.

Festive edition is active once again.
    Still play this game from time to time. Great game. Such a shame!