Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wipeout 3 SE on US PS2

no problem. i don't think the vagaries of NTSC and PAL interaction have ever been completely sorted out.

and btw, welcome to the WZ forums, OddbOd.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

How come we have these two different systems anyway? I thought that the TV was invented in America and therefore would be distributed around the world in the NTSC formatt

reasonably frequent tv broadcasting started at nearly the same time in both england and america. the difference in scan line number and frame frequency was there at the beginning. until recently, i didn't know that a Briton named John Logie Baird was broadcasting from a studio in the old Crystal Palace at Sydenham until it burned down a few years later, about 1936 or possibly '37. Baird started his broadcasts in 1933. pretty close to the same time NBC was pioneering in America. there was no early monopoly the way there had been with Marconi's wireless telegraph

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I knew there were two guys trying to produce a TV John Logie Baird and an American guy that worked on a farm, but i was to understand that some big American firm came along, created their own TV and left those two out in the cold

there were two guys that i know of working in america who invented the basics of tv hardware in the 1920s, but as far as i know, neither of them worked on a farm.

as a side note even farther off-topic, my family didn't have a tv until 1953 or 1954, when i was 10 or 11 respectively