Thread: Is there any way to play online with the psp

laval....which is also spelled laval other way around.....yes its a real town
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    ehhh ...mah wha now 0,0?

Default Is there any way to play online with the psp

hey guys i wanted to know if anyone hase ever been able to play online with there psp. so far i havent found any way of doing it and i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out

1) is it posible ?
    2) if it is how do i do it

thx

L-V

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

X-Link Kai is the only way to play WipEout PurE online.

WOZone thread.
    X-Link Kai

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Y only X-link Kai?
    Is it an adhoc connection? (i have it but havent checked)

If that's the case you can also opt for Ad-hoc party on PS3, but not sure how many people you'd find unless you recruit from the forum or so forth.

Ad-Hoc:free ps3 download via psn japanese store that allows psp games that connect via ad-hoc (not infrastructure) to play online using the ps3's wifi connection. But you must connect your ps3 to the net via ethernet, so wifi can be used with your psp->ps3.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Two reasons:
    1. Ad Hoc Party is in Japanese.
    2. Everyone playing PurE online on this website uses X-Link Kai.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Well i understand no.2

But i dont speak or read japanese, yet it's simple enough to use that once you know what to do (5 min tops to learn), it's a breeze.

I use it for Monster Hunter

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Reason 3: Not everyone has a PS3, and our friend here doesnt.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

no 3 <- Didnt know that

I was just asking,

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    ehhh ...mah wha now 0,0?

thx for all the information guys but now i need to try and set myself up because i have a mac so its gona be diffrent
    i set up a kai account and i downloaded kai commander i can get on amydril ..or w.e its called but once im inside i go to the racing/wipe out chat and start and arena ...i dont know what to do because it dosent dedect my psp when im trying to host or join a game

so for the past hour ive been looking on the kai forums and man...im no expert and these guys are like u need to rerout this to that make sure ur mac adress is blah blah blah....also make sure your firewall is not blah blah blah .....you got to forward some ports and blah blah its super easy blah blah....>.> get my drift lol ....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Use of ad-hoc party is apparently much, much easier than xlink-kai though as mentioned above it does require a PS3 unit with a wired ethernet connection. Right now you need a (free) Japanese account to use the service but there are guides all over the internet, for example, here...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=148

Not that this helps you if you don't have a PS3

I am curious though if there is anybody here interested in trying out Pure/Pulse via ad-hoc play. I understand that many of the old-timers have things figured out via xlink kai but for newcomers, ad-hoc party seems like a better choice?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    ehhh ...mah wha now 0,0?

for the past 3 hours ive been trying to instal and make xlink work but to no end......i feel like im gona rip out every hair on my head but il try to see if i can set up my friends ps3 so that i can use that to play over. btw is setting up the ps3 hard or simple so that i can play via psp...or maybe il just buy a freakin ps3 on x-mas.........

"its super easy blah blah...."

lol. Yeah. For sOmebody. Just not usually for me. I sympathise. Probably going to be even tougher with a Mac?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I futzed with xlink kai for a few hours a while back and decided it wasn't worth the trouble-- it's definitely do-able and there are lots of helpful folks at the xlink forums. But for most folks it's not a simple set up.

Quote Originally Posted by limited-velocity View Post
    il try to see if i can set up my friends ps3 so that i can use that to play over. btw is setting up the ps3 hard or simple so that i can play via psp
    Supposedly it's easy to play PSP games over adhoc play on the PS3 BUT there may not be anybody online now on that platform. Pure is an old game and as darkdrium points out, most of the Wipeout afficionados around here play on xlink kai.

Personally I prefer Pure/Pulse to Wipeout HD in general but I do think that Wipeout HD is the easiest and best way to get the Wipeout experience online. It's easy, it's fast, it's stable and it offers a solid framerate, and it's where most players are spending their time at this point of time

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

If you choose ad-hod, i will help you.
    Just let me know, the hardest part is creating the account to get the program, i used a youtube walkthrough.

But in all sincerity, if most people use x-link, that would be your best bet to find racers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Make sure your wlan card can go into monitor mode, in other words, make sure it's able to inject the packets. That's your problem with recognizing PSP in kai gui. (probably)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    ehhh ...mah wha now 0,0?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    "its super easy blah blah...."

lol. Yeah. For sOmebody. Just not usually for me. I sympathise. Probably going to be even tougher with a Mac?

yea...i found many ppl that have had the same probleme and they kindof explain how to do it....i just dont understand wtf they talking about XD ......for example.... i know he meens well but archman, i dont know wtf your talking about man XD im going to have to try and get someone over team speak or somthing to help me XD and explain it with the universal language of noob ie. first you have to set up that thingy in the lefty corner so that it colors up then u can set your computers internet thingy to the corect magic numbers..and so on XD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

What I meant about "monitor mode" is that there are wireless cards or devices that can "send packets" and there are those who can't send em. You need one of those which CAN send em. Because your PSP needs to "download" stuff when you're playing with kai, so the thing which is important is that it's needed to have a wlan card which CAN send those "files" up to your psp.
    As you're using mac, I can't really help you here, I can explain the setup for linux only. Good luck.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    ehhh ...mah wha now 0,0?

il look into it thx XD

Quote Originally Posted by limited-velocity View Post
    .. the universal language of noob..
    I have a new favourite phrase.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    ehhh ...mah wha now 0,0?

lololol XD