Thread: My personal 2097 Elimination Mode

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Default My personal 2097 Elimination Mode

Hi freaks! I just had a nostalgic Wipeout2097 neggie session, which always(since more than 10! years) ends up with my personal eliminator mode:
    Single Race, Phantom Class, Valparaiso, Qirex, goal is 1st place and at least 7 Eliminations!! take a look at this example! I´m curious what you "Diehard-2097-fans" think of it ?

I just found an old video i recorded long time ago with fraps and played on PC with emu and PS2-digi-pad:
    Wipeout2097 Valparaiso Phantom Qirex 7 Eliminations
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsLGl4Xkcw&t=10s
    ------
    edit:

just updated videolink, nostalgic reasons

In memoriam Psygnosis
    Last edited by Danterich; 12th June 2017 at 10:56 AM. Reason: video link updated, nostalgia

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Hehe I am back to Wipeout 2097 too ... so just on the way to unlock Phantom class. But this Eliminator mode idea sounds fun, i slightly got the same idea yesterday as I got 4 Eliminations on Gare d'Europa ... You use particularely Quirex because of its shield statistics? (well ok it's the fastest weapon equipped craft in the game as well)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

YES Qirex, of course that´s my ship of choice! Team-loyalty is top priority, means never eliminate ships of your own team! And i forgot to mention that NO CHEATS (unlimited weapons or machine gun) are allowed!!!
    As you might know in Phantom the 14 contenders are divided in 3 groups: 1-5, 6-10 and 11-14 are in this order: AG-SYS,Auricom,Qirex,Feisar and Piranha.
    My strategy:
    I turbo-start and head to group 2, hunt 6 and 7 (AG and Auricom) down in lap 1 and two. In lap 3 i catch up a Plasma for 5(Piranha), with luck i got an extra Plasma for overlapped 14(Piranha). In lap 4 i concentrate on 4(Feisar) and/or overlapped 11/12(AG/Auricom) or in some cases on 2(Auricom). Lap 5(final) is for 2(Auricom) and of course 1 (AG). With luck you can eliminate AG-SYS witha single 3-rockets-broadside-shot!!!
    If all runs fine the goal of at least 7 Eliminations is reached ( i think my record is 10!)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I'm too impatient to lag behind in XL just to eliminate people :3

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Talking about funny 'play modes' in 2097/XL ... Just read the 'backward quake' thread for Pure and Pulse ... ever tried to back-quake or back-plasma in 2097 ? I need to give that a try in a session tonight

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

LOL, no. Backward-plasma should work firing, but hitting successfully is another thing. and Backward-quake won´t work at all IMO. Besides one turn and back eats about 8-10 secs which is wayy too long to reach 1st place in the end. With cheat "unlimited weapons" on, i freaked a lot sometimes i flown "blindly" through races shooting weapons without breaks -> all contenders eliminated in lap 2