Wipeout Fusion will always be my home.
I loved everything about the game and still play it on my PS2 because damn it's gud.
Maybe I'm just a huge fanboy when I say I don't see a problem with the gravity bomb?
My brother and I love further defying physics by throwing each other through the level after a jump
And the quake hype was the best, even if looking back on it it may be slightly op
I think we were just too hyped about futuristic racing with loops and amazing ship designs and upgrades and names and logos and weapons that we weren't really digging for any faults, they just equated to "get gud" or "this map is hard lol"
These are one of the games that have influenced me in the music and sounds I do today, so much so that I wish I could just float around in its levels and roam, spectate and appreciate.
And as far as some ships outclassing others, I would expect nothing less than to be able to acquire better ships/cars and weapons as I progress through ANY game really.
Nobody wants to be statistically where they started after they beat the game, but as far as that goes, I think the super weapons balanced out the general racing stats of a ship *coughPiranhacough* and with a bit of skill it's even less of a gap.
NOW I WANNA PLAY IT AGAIN BBL
tl;dr ilu Wipeout Fusion