Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Pilot

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Thumbs up Rookie Pilot

Hi everyone.

It's my first post, my first time with a PSP & my first time with "Pure". I have only just started with the PSP (A few days ago) and only bought it because of Pure. I started playing "Quantum Redshift" a few weeks ago (on the Xbox) and got completely hooked on Anti-Grav...... Started searching for some other games & came across Pure & the PSP...... And the rest is history!

I have played Pure for only a few days now and i'm really enjoying it, and have LOADS of questions..... (Which i shall save & ask a few at a time, for your sanity!)

So far i have only had a try at the most basic levels and have achieved 2 golds. Going on what i have experienced so far, i can't believe that some people make it all the way to the Top levels..... the speed seems impossible!

Anyway, i'll be hanging around & watching, playing & learning......

Timezone
    GMT -6

WELCOME! So your a new player, eh? Well, hope you succeed on your WipEout adventures. It took me about seven months to get the Purist ranking.... Then I had to delete some of it to make room for Race Driver 2006. *sigh* At least I'm back up to Guru now....

HAVE FUN IN THE ZONE FORUMS ZENDJINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Emoticons:

YAY!?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Hey!! Thanks for that Angryman. "7 Months!!" .... Wow.... i've got some work to do then. Still, that's what it's all about & it's really enjoyable!!

I have a question..... When you win single player races (not Tournaments) do you get a ranking (or Golds) that go towards the total count or do you only get those from the Tournaments?

And if you're a Guru, can you be my Guru 2!?
    Last edited by Task; 2nd August 2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Quotation Eliminated!

Timezone
    GMT -6

You get a medal on any mode, besides freeplay.... Imagine if you did win medals on freeplay. Gold for about ten hours on Modesto Heights! Hah!

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Welcome to the boards rookie

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDJiNN View Post
    .... the speed seems impossible!
    heh, hardly

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Hi everyone.

I have played Pure for only a few days now and i'm really enjoying it, and have LOADS of questions..... (Which i shall save & ask a few at a time, for your sanity!)
    Greetings!
    Only a few days! You're just starting to get into it. Once you're at Flash (the halfway point) it really gets awesome. I've only had it for two months but I've pretty much got the whole thing unlocked, so the job ahead of you isn't as enormous as it first appears. 8 )

As to your questions, I'll bet you'll find at least 80% of them already answered somewhere around here. I forsee heavy use of the "Search" function in your future!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Angryman View Post
    You get a medal on any mode, besides freeplay.... Imagine if you did win medals on freeplay. Gold for about ten hours on Modesto Heights! Hah!
    Heehee...... I've found that out now & have started racing for Golds. Harder than it seems, but great fun..... Choosing the right ship is pretty hard too!

Quote Originally Posted by q_dmc12 View Post
    Welcome to the boards rookie

heh, hardly

Thanks... It's great to be here, and i'm having a great time with Wipeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
    Greetings!
    Only a few days! You're just starting to get into it. Once you're at Flash (the halfway point) it really gets awesome. I've only had it for two months but I've pretty much got the whole thing unlocked, so the job ahead of you isn't as enormous as it first appears. 8 )

As to your questions, I'll bet you'll find at least 80% of them already answered somewhere around here. I forsee heavy use of the "Search" function in your future!
    I think you could be right there Task.... Thanks for the Greetz..... Does it start to get unlocked just by racing & getting more Golds....? I've got about 9 now. (I know, a Paltry sum comparatively but growing by the hour!)

I'm off to do some searching & as much reading as poss while trying to win more races!

Thanks again......
    Last edited by Lance; 3rd August 2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Multiple successive posts from same poster. Read the guidelines, please.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

welcome to the woz ZenDJiNN!
    your enthusiasm for the game is admirable
    take some time and read this!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Choosing the right ship is pretty hard too!
    I've always felt that the best ship was either AG Systems or FEISAR. Which ship do you prefer?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by zargz View Post
    welcome to the woz ZenDJiNN!
    your enthusiasm for the game is admirable
    take some time and read this!
    Hi zargz.... thanks for the greetz & the link. I'm reading fast & playing hard!!
    (Or is that "Reading Hard & Playing Fast!?")

I've always felt that the best ship was either AG Systems or FEISAR. Which ship do you prefer?
    Hmm, i don't know the names yet (Blush) but it's the third one down (i think) in the list.... the one with the double pointy bits sticking out at the front & kind of Purple in Colour! (If that makes sense?)

Some of the ships that i have tried have felt really cumbersome & slow.... and now that i have started using the nub instead of the D-Pad all sorts of things are changing.... It's certainly a Much faster way to play & more responsive..... I'm Loving it!!

It's almost four in the morning here & i should be going to sleep but i think there's still time for another few rounds!
    Last edited by Lance; 3rd August 2007 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Successive unanswered posts from same author.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Ah, Qirex - "the flying brick"

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think the true flying brick in WipEout Pure is Triakis. Qirex is an all-rounder.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

true, guess qirex sold some parts to the triakis team

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

I think the true flying brick in WipEout Pure is Triakis. Qirex is an all-rounder.
    Heehee..... i'm so glad that you said that because that's pretty much the reason that i chose it.... it has pretty much everything balanced, & doesn't seem stronger in any one area. It seems to handle OK, although it's slow off the mark, but all in all i find it OK for a beginner.... i think.

The reason that i didn't chose one of the faster or better handling ships, is mainly because the more you get in terms of Thrust or speed etc, the more you lose in the "Shields" area, and as i seem to get a lot thrown at me, at this moment in time, "Shields" is a good option...

I'm definitely going to try out some more ships soon though..... any recommendations for a Rookie?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I would definitely recommend: Qirex, Assegai, Tigron, Goteki.
    The Qirex and Assegai are good "all rounders", Tigron is a shield 5 ship with no weakness, and Goteki is a thrust 5 ship with no weaknesses. So the Tigron is really good for the lower speed classes where you need all that shield because you're learning how to play. Goteki is good for the higher speed classes where you need a good ship to survive.

Yeah, I really grew to love Pure's Goteki. Initially I avoided it simply because I didn't like the ship design but then gave it a go a few times and it worked great all round. I also did a complete turnaround on the design and now really like it. It's a great ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
    I would definitely recommend: Qirex, Assegai, Tigron, Goteki.
    The Qirex and Assegai are good "all rounders", Tigron is a shield 5 ship with no weakness, and Goteki is a thrust 5 ship with no weaknesses. So the Tigron is really good for the lower speed classes where you need all that shield because you're learning how to play. Goteki is good for the higher speed classes where you need a good ship to survive.

Hi Task, thanks for the reply.

I have seen both the Qirex and Assegai but haven't seen the other two available, so i'm assuming that they are only available when they're unlocked? Or do they come under different names?

I'm amazed at just how different all the ships are. I didn't think i would like the "Two Pronged" ships but they are turning out to be (For me anyways) all round better performers & handlers than the straight or normal ships like the Feisar etc....

Timezone
    GMT -6

Tigron and Goteki are downloadable ships. You can download them via USB port on your PSP through WipEout Pure.com.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Default Ships

Tigron and Goteki are downloadable ships. You can download them via USB port on your PSP through WipEout Pure.com.
    Thanks for that .... Just going there now to have a look. I tried a few days ago but as i was using Linux at the time & the site is heavily Flash based, i couldn't get on. I'm using a Win machine now so i should be OK.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Personally, my favorite downloadable ship and circuit are Tigron and Staten Park, respectively. Tigron the only ship with a 5/5 sheild rating, without a loss in handling. And as for Staten Park.... It's just pretty!