Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
It's my opinion that _this_ is the way a forum should be, and the others are kind of like gross mutations that should be weeded out of the gene pool via the standard evolutionary process.

When people come here and treat this forum like one of the others, it's like they're trying to change this forum so that it's more like one of those others. Some of the strongest reactions there have been here have been (understandably) against those people.

I think the bottom line is that if you appreciate the difference that this forum represents, then you should try to change those "other forums" you frequent by trying to make them more like this one, not the other way 'round.
I believe the general consensus on these "other" forums is that if everyone is posting a new thread for just about every post, then no one will post in the existing threads or worse - the new threads will be makeshift replies to older threads. I have entered a similar mindset of these "other" threads recently since my friend has opened a new forum for his website. However, I also look to this forum as an example that the new threads, if they so begin to bore the community will vanish into obscurity and become lost as a part of the primordial beginnings of that forum.