Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure: Stealth Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    wirehang

Hey kids, after a bit of sniffing around... look what I dug up DON'T CLICK!!! :

See the bloody price too? BARGAIN!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

if those screenshots are real, then the "Stealth" ship is actually an AG-Systems ship with darker hues... 'tis all..

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Those images on the box are stock-standard promo graphics that the Wipeout company would have produced, there's nothing to say that either of those ships are re-branded with "stealth".

Like I said ... it's not a re-branded ship.

You'll have to, um, buy the UMD to see it. :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Egg, it's written in every article about it that it's an entirely new ship, so I always just assumed XD.

Hmm, funny how people assume that it can be a rebranded ship, and Egg has to repeat himself twice that it isn't. I think you should check who Egg actually is. I suggest looking at couple of his first posts here.

Well, Shem, Egg only repeated himself once and people were only commenting on the images they have been offered so speculation one way or another is inevitable (and, in my view, welcomed).

I'm as curious as anyone to see this ship though. Not curious enough to buy the movie though!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Ah! Thanks for the pic. My curiosity is satisfied and I can now let this pass me by.

So the new ship is an undersized B-2 bomber? O_o

Suddenly it all started looking like some sort of Wipeout and Air Combat hybrid. When are they gonna bring out the SU-47's?

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

The SU-47 Berkut project got cancelled, but as far as stealth is, the F/A-22 Raptor is at the top right now.

*off-topic sense tingling*

Wow, the new Stealth ship, which is actually the F-37 Talon jet from the movie, is freaky looking, but at least it isnt covered with "Stealth" signs and big ads. Anyone know the stats?

*stupid humour on*

Im sure any missile will be able to shoot this thing down. Unfortunately, stealth technology from the early 21st century doesnt work in the early 23rd century.

*stupid humour off*

Now weve got 3 oddities in WipEout Pure. A pirate ship(Medevil), a Coke bottle(CokeStyle) and an F-37 Talon fighter jet. 8O

I want a ferrari without wheels....

Timezone
    GMT + 1

2016-11-06 06_26_55-00025.bin.png

2016-11-06 06_21_56-C__Users_Aybe_Documents_GitHub_WipeoutFusion_WadPure_bin_Debug_00000.bin - N.png

2016-11-06 06_19_58-Debug.png

2016-11-06 06_19_44-00077.bin.png

WadPure.zip

TL;DR

The format is slightly different, structure is flat however (no folders), a breeze to extract It works on the 3 wads, I wrote this program very quickly so it's not pretty but it works. It will extract a wad in the same folder as it is, so make sure to move the extracted content to a folder before you extract another wad.

With some batch like below, it'll move out all things in separate folders:

Code:
    @echo off
    mkdir data
    mkdir fe
    mkdir fedata
    wadpure -d data.wad
    move *.bin data
    wadpure -d fe.wad
    move *.bin fe
    wadpure -d fedata.wad
    move *.bin fedata
    It should work on your pc but you'll probably need .NET 4.5.1 first.

Now for the content,

- the large files look like 3d model data,
    - the DRM files are garbage -> an unknown format or possibly encrypted
    - there are many xml files, textures, VAGs and so on

The most interesting part would be to figure out the higher-level layer, i.e. how these relate to each other.

Here's another tool I wrote quickly, that'll detect some images and output PNGs (only looks for 256 color ones, not the raw 24 bpp ones, see previous sentence):

PurePic.zip

Code:
    PurePic.exe -w "*.bin"
    Most are read, but some are the dreaded twizzled textures I couldn't read on WOF.

Sorry but I don't really have the time to dig deeper on this game, I'm spending all of my free time with http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ecial-Edition-!

Cheers !

Timezone
    GMT -6

I already had a way to extract Pure's .WAD files, but thanks. (It is the Stealth Edition .ISO that's giving us problems, not the normal game).

And yeah, the .WAD creation process for Pure completely destroyed the folder structure, and changed ALL of the filenames to the .DAT file extension. Why Psygnosis chose to use the WAD format, I do not have the first clue: Games like Lumines don't use .WAD, and just show their raw data structure, so it can't be a limitation of the PSP's operating system.

(By Inari's tails... I freaking hate trying to type on the Kindle.)

P.S.: Do not try to add WipEout Pulse's Stat blocks (FE Stats, Pitch, Sideshift, Etc...) to the ship XML files in Pure. It will cause a crash. And do not set the FOV for the external camera to 90, either.

I would also like to point out that I successfully increased the shield Stat for Zone Mode, meaning you can use my modified Zone_01 XML file to get comparable Syncopia scores to WipEout HD.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 6th November 2016 at 05:52 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

ok,

they use a container for many reasons, disc access time, when there are many files there's a huge TOC and that can become problematic ... such big file allows for internal re-ordering of files in CD doing entirely without the structure provided by the system ... not sure if that's clear to you, they open a single file in the PSP = 1 file handle; then content inside is laid out for efficient loading, PSP reads in a linear fashion (I'm pretty you don't hear the UMD drive going crazy) -> remember those DC games badly ripped ? unordered files, they were taking an incredible time to load !

Timezone
    GMT -6

Makes a little bit of sense, I guess. Might also explain the annoying concept of LBA numbers.

I hope I can figure out this conundrum sometime in the near future. I'm losing both hair and sleep over Stealth, and want to get the content ripped before the movie officially takes place in the past (it is set in 2016).

Thanks for the help. I'm going to have to take a break.

In the meantime, I took a couple of songs and converted them to be used as alternate menu themes. You'll have to replace file000270.at3 in the DATA.WAD file for USA Greatest Hits version, file000240.at3 in the DATA.WAD file for the Japanese version, and file000005.at3 in the FEData.wad file for both versions. I'm going to be uploaded the songs to Google Drive soon.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 6th November 2016 at 01:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Id rather have an AG equivalent to a 1001-hp Bugatti Veyron.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I want a flying DeLorean

I'd hardly call that the first ever movie/videogame combination. The Star Wars Trilogy DVDs came with an X-Box demo of Star Wars Battlefront right on the features disc last year.