Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your custom Ship Skins here!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

just did for the first time
    it looks at least as good in game, which is something of a relief

PSN ID
    SalieriAAX

Ricanebleu - Here's a quick shot of some of the stuff I've done on my vintage Feisar. Still lots left to do though

Wow, looking great! Already looks like way more than 16 colours. Lovely as always.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

wow, nice aging effects, I look forward to the finished article!

I've made my 2097 qirex look more like the real in-game model now:

it's on crash3d's site now.

I always thought the 2097 qirex was just purple and black, I was rather surprised when I took a close look for research purposes and found the blue wave along it's length...
    it is there on the original model. that's not just artistic license
    Last edited by Lion; 12th January 2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: now on crash3d's site

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Wonder...full job, both of you.

AXX that ship looks like somebody found the prototype Feisar from 2085 and started to ride it [ which maybe it is exactly what happende between 2160(F9000) and 2197(FX300) ]

Lion ...[...tear drop...moment of silance] you'll make a lot of people feel young again. "Your health! "
    Last edited by Ricanebleu; 12th January 2008 at 07:16 AM.

PSN ID
    SalieriAAX

Well, here it is.

I originally wanted to go for a kind of Steampunk look for this one but it ended up looking a bit more modern.
    As far as the iron sufraces go I admit I used a couple of photographed textures for this, but it certainly didn't make it any easier and I still spent ages going over the whole thing making sure the colours were right, that the distribution of the rust was as I wanted it and that all the edges joined up seamlessly. And then, of course there were all the additional details, the rivets, text, furnace vents etc, so I certainly don't feel like I cheated

Some more images:

Arty halo shot
    Front
    Rear/side
    Front/side
    Side detail
    Rear/top
    Front/top

Sorry about all the images, I couldn't decide which ones to use.

What I'm pleased with about this skin is that, as opposed to most of my previous ones, it's not based around a single design which makes them only really look interesting or make sense from the side or front. This one, with the glowing furnace vents and striped airbrakes looks most interesting from the back, so it's more fun to race with.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention. Lion - both of those skins look really ace. If I ever used piranha I would probably use that shark skin or at least shamelessly plagiarise it.

Download it at: www.wipeout-skins.co.nr
    Last edited by QirexAAX; 21st January 2008 at 01:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

AAX - Wow, that looks really great. You certainly come up with some great designs. I love the "Old & Used, & yet still Fully functional & ready for a scrap!" feel about it..... it's superb!

QirexAAX, that is simply stunning. Superb. The amount of work that must have gone into that must be phenomenal. Everything is pixel perfect and the level of detail is baffling. How you got such strong textures and kept it all 16 colours is totally beyond me. I'm blown away. And inspired to try my Silent Hill inspired ship I've been holding off doing because I thought I couldn't do it in the 16 colours. You've shown just about anything is possible.

Well done.

I, on the other hand, have been incredibly lazy and revealed myself to be a one trick pony by once again trying the lighting I did in my last one to create this, the Electric Q. I feel unworthy to post it below your Feisar.

I'm lovin some of the designs here, should make a showroom for this stuff. Excellent work guys and gals.

PSN ID
    SalieriAAX

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I feel unworthy to post it below your Feisar.
    lol, don't be so dramatic, that Elecrtic Q is awesome. I love the shadow along the bolt, it really looks like it's raised off the surface.

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far. I'll give it a little longer in case somebody says "why haven't you done [really good idea]?" or "It might look better if you changed [really obvious mistake that I missed]" and then I'll upload it onto www.wipeout-skins.co.nr
    Last edited by QirexAAX; 12th January 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Oh MY-GOD!!!! What the f***!!! How on earth did you do that AXX? It looks so real. I bet that if anyone who hasn’t made up his mind what ship will race through Pulse, after seeing this skin, will turn to Feisar. It looks.....so.....real.
    I think I know what you mean about the delay of its publication. I feel too that something is missing. But I don’t know what. And maybe this is what makes it so beautiful: its mystery, where does it come from, what are FEISAR up to? I’m so glade you didn’t give up on making it. As for how it was created, who cares as long as the results are so good.

Dogg Thang I like the lighting bolt but somehow I think it would look better on a different skin color. On the other hand your light glowing effect becomes better and better.

Wonderful job, really, both of you.
    Last edited by Ricanebleu; 12th January 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Cheers. Actually, for whatever reason, that Qirex doesn't look good in-game at all, which is a bit odd as the Assegai worked really well in-game. Not to worry, it was a quick skin anyway.

Yeah, I'm still in awe of that Feisar. It's fantastic work.

Funny that you do an electric Qirex, Dogg, I`ve been working on my atomic Goteki and here it is.

I need to learn how to dirty the ships up a bit and make them look weathered, like the subtle work Egg did to the original Gotekis. Problem is I erased all that, and it does lack subtlety, though subtlety is not entirely the effect I`m after. I have it in layers on photoshop so could change things easily, suggestions welcome.

oh and more shots of the skin here

Nice work, Lunar! Love what you've done for the logo. Because you're going for a simple yellow and black, you should be able to make great use of the 16 colours to add as much or as little weathering as you'd like. Having a look at Egg's other skins (not just the Goteki which is more about the colour and logo) will probably give you a few ideas.

This may well be no help to you but if you remember my Sunset Goteki (it was just red with a logo and shading), I made my own blank shaded version first based on Egg's skin. I just took the colour out and filled in the gaps. The blank skin is here if it helps - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ekiShading.png

I wanted extreme highlighting with the light bits so it's probably a bit much for you (and was an early rough skin) but may give you a starting point. Hope it helps!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

oh guys now that i've found the right thread here is is again

if you see this oine coming for ya you'll be hering "we are the borg resistance if futile you will be assimilated"

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/345...3112711yc4.jpg

Last edited by Asayyeah; 13th January 2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: image too large : Check & Assimilate the rule :)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Hey Assimilator. WoW!! Fantastic looking skin! Really nice colours & textures. Well done.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Very cool and dangerous Goteki Lunar!! Dogg Thang your work is superb as usual, my compliments!!

I have tried something new also, I hope you all like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work Mad, can`t wait for it to meet my Goteki online. It might look dangerous, but the pilot isn`t yet.

Thanks for the advice and the flat skin, Dogg, very much appreciated. I can use the skin and a bit of magic wand to add darker yellows along Egg`s hull patterns, which should work. I`m not sure what effect the weathering should have on the black parts, maybe just some more greyish black, if anything, I`m not sure. The weird thing about this skin is that even though it seems to have very few colours I have to convert it to indexed colour and then back to RGB in photoshop, before pasting the non-layered PSD into the editor, otherwise the editor turns it a sickly green. This may be a good trick for dealing with the 16 colour limit though. I couldn`t think of any other colours that would work with the yellow and black.

Finally, here`s my Assegai, which was a quicker job. My online ship roster for my favourite ships is almost complete, just waiting for Auricom now.

more angles here

I more or less just plagiarised Egg`s design and changed the colours to something that appealed to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I found that I can get some OK weathering effects by dabbing a little black or white on a surface, then using the photoshop smudge tool. it's particularly effective on any leading edges and corners.
    I could have fiddled with it more to make them more prominent on the HL2 EG-X but it wasn't a prority for me. the light bits on the blacks came out OK.

Here's one I'm abandoning. Samael's Infection:

It was a work in progress and going okay but the surface area of the Triakis is too small and, in-game, the Triakis has a really shiny surface which doesn't suit this design at all. So, at some point, I'll try this idea with a different ship. Still, it's the beginning of an idea.